+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in WES. advice needed

shrutibakshi

Apr 25, 2018
hey guys,

my name is passport is shruti sharma and my name in educational credential (i.e. degree certificates) is sharma shruti raja. (raja being my dads first name, which is mentioned in the passport). WES states " the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above. " and then the degree evaluation. What do i need to do now? do i need to create an affidavit or a LOE will do? since its just my name jumbled up

myousuff

Mar 8, 2018
hey guys,

my name is passport is shruti sharma and my name in educational credential (i.e. degree certificates) is sharma shruti raja. (raja being my dads first name, which is mentioned in the passport). WES states " the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above. " and then the degree evaluation. What do i need to do now? do i need to create an affidavit or a LOE will do? since its just my name jumbled up
Even i have same issue, will LOE suffice?

Reactions: Farhana Jabeen

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
hey guys,

Hi

I had same difference in Passport and Education certificate. WES mentioned as "the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above" I got my PR approved.

Steps what I followed.

1. Please provide details in the Letter Of Explanation as below. This is my format but you change the way as per your details.

Educational Credential Assessment Report: WES

The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".
Note: Affidavit has been uploaded along with Education documents.

2. Get a affidavit and notarized from the lawyer. Make sure you get proper seal from lawyer and while uploading also ensure its properly scanned without missing any signature.

Sample Notarization:

AFFIDAVIT – ONE AND SAME PERSON

I, BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA, a Citizen of India, Passport#A1234567, born on Month, Date, Year; and residing at: 11 SDFDSFSDFDF, Apt# 1000, Toronto, Ontario, Tel: (123) 345-6789;

SOLEMNLY AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS:

1. The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. My name stated in all the below academic certificates are one name and belongs to me.

1. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Undergraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

2. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Postgraduate Degree, Certificate# 123456

3. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Secondary School Leaving Certificate# 123456

4. BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA – Higher Secondary Course Certificate# 1234567

I affirm that, upon my oath, the information I have entered on this form is correct and the persons named above are one and the same person.

I understand that making a false statement may constitute the crime of perjury.

Signature:

Printed Name:

SOLEMNLY AFFIRMED BEFORE ME at the City of Toronto, Ontario, on: .

3. If you dont want to mention your school certificate then its not required, I just added for additional weightage.
Attach your affidavit along with Educational Document, WES report and IELTS score card.

Hope this may help you at some extent.

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi

I had same difference in Passport and Education certificate. WES mentioned as "the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above" I got my PR approved.

Steps what I followed.

1. Please provide details in the Letter Of Explanation as below. This is my format but you change the way as per your details.

The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. Get a affidavit and notarized from the lawyer. Make sure you get proper seal from lawyer and while uploading also ensure its properly scanned without missing any signature.

Sample Notarization:

I, BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA, a Citizen of India, Passport#A1234567, born on Month, Date, Year; and residing at: 11 SDFDSFSDFDF, Apt# 1000, Toronto, Ontario, Tel: (123) 345-6789;

1. The naming convention in academic educational documents and certificates from India would have my last name ”AAAAAAAAA" along with my first name "BBBBBBBB XXXXXX". So all my educational certificate name mentioned as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA". World Education Services(WES) Assessment document# 1234567IMM was expanded and stated as "BBBBBBBB XXXXXXX AAAAAAAAAA".

2. My name stated in all the below academic certificates are one name and belongs to me.

I affirm that, upon my oath, the information I have entered on this form is correct and the persons named above are one and the same person.

Signature:

Printed Name:

3. If you dont want to mention your school certificate then its not required, I just added for additional weightage.
Attach your affidavit along with Educational Document, WES report and IELTS score card.

What option you selected in your PR profile for question."Do you go by any other name?"

Reactions: akhilpsg

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
hey guys,

Have you got your wes evaluation report?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi

WES mentioned as "the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above" I got my PR approved.
Hi,
So you got the degree equivalence along with this statement or the WES refused to give you the assessment until you provided the affidavit?

fidani12

Sep 11, 2018
Hi

Steps what I followed.

Sample Notarization:

Signature:

Printed Name:

Many thanks for your kind support!

Could you please explain as what is Letter of Explanation (LOE) ? as this is new for me!

Whom to write this letter, where to mention it?

I have already made the affidavit and I will be sending it to WES as well as Immigration body (if needed)

soundryasn

Sep 25, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for the LOE and affidavit format. Do we need to send this to WES again or do we need to upload these letter and affidavit into the profile of Canada website for express entry??

With Love,
Soundarya

jagjeetkkr

Sep 24, 2018
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?

Reactions: Kvgkdkb1

Jatarash

Dec 9, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for the LOE and affidavit format. Do we need to send this to WES again or do we need to upload these letter and affidavit into the profile of Canada website for express entry??

With Love,
Soundarya
Hi may can you please tell me what did you do, how did you send the LOE and Affidavit.

Jatarash

Dec 9, 2018
Hi

Steps what I followed.

Sample Notarization:

Signature:

Printed Name:

Hi can you tell us how did you send the LOE and Affidavit, did you upload them or sent along with your transcripts?

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hi,
Did you submit LOE and Affidavit to Wes?

QUOTE="Adityakumaran, post: 6913552, member: 706599"]Hi

Steps what I followed.

Sample Notarization:

Signature:

Printed Name:

Hope this may help you at some extent.[/QUOTE]
He

hardiklalani

Mar 6, 2019
I have some query about wes ...i have diffence in father name is that satiskumar in passport and satisbhai in aceadmic marksheets is it any problem for eca or to apply for migration...or i have to change it

Reactions: hasomaiy

hasomaiy

Mar 2, 2019
I have the same query about WES ...i have diffence in father name:-bharatkumar in passport and bharatbhai in aceadmic marksheets is it any problem for eca? Or shall I send any supporting affidavit or LOE to WES?

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
I have the same query , my name has Initial in Degree and has Fully spelled out in passport.. any help will be appreciated