+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship 2019/2020

dhav

Oct 24, 2015
I honestly wonder what is stopping them from working. All over the world things are moving on.. Sad state for us!
I mailed the embassy last week and they replied saying they are working from home and processing applications. It is just taking longer due to COVID. They told me to rest assured and that I will be contacted when a decision is made or if they require any further information..

LioraMaingi

Jan 10, 2020
I mailed the embassy last week and they replied saying they are working from home and processing applications. It is just taking longer due to COVID. They told me to rest assured and that I will be contacted when a decision is made or if they require any further information..
At least they responded to you. And it is a good thing if they are really working as they claim. I emailed them back in May and got an automated response of how the Nairobi High Commission is closed and only working on essential services to Canadian Nationals. Did you use this email address
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

More people need to email them so they can feel the pressure and indeed work on reuniting our families. This situation of unknown waiting time is a painful one.

dhav

Oct 24, 2015
At least they responded to you. And it is a good thing if they are really working as they claim. I emailed them back in May and got an automated response of how the Nairobi High Commission is closed and only working on essential services to Canadian Nationals. Did you use this email address
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

More people need to email them so they can feel the pressure and indeed work on reuniting our families. This situation of unknown waiting time is a painful one.
True. I also got an automated response in June. I just decided to mail them again and this time they responded. I agree, if everyone follows up there maybe be pressure built. I used that email mentioned above. It is sad to see so many other visa offices operating and processing applications and our VO hasn’t got any movement.

LioraMaingi

Jan 10, 2020
True. I also got an automated response in June. I just decided to mail them again and this time they responded. I agree, if everyone follows up there maybe be pressure built. I used that email mentioned above. It is sad to see so many other visa offices operating and processing applications and our VO hasn’t got any movement.
VFS global Nairobi just posted that they will be open for business from next week, Sept 7th. Some good news. Hope this means the embassy will be working too!

Reactions: dhav and tsegereda

dhav

Oct 24, 2015
VFS global Nairobi just posted that they will be open for business from next week, Sept 7th. Some good news. Hope this means the embassy will be working too!
I tried going to the VFS Kenya site but it isn’t loading. Hope this info is true!

Reactions: Arma

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Received a Medical Request today! (It was dated Sept 18) Hopefully this means they are working!!!
Fantastic!!!

From Nairobi VO? You received via email or Mycic account?

I emailed them (used nrobi-immigration) last week and they said they working on applications. Before I was getting a different message something about essential and emergency services only.

I am under economic category Federal Skilled Program PR. My aor is September 2019. Processing Timeline was only 6 months but significantly delayed by Covid-19.

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Fantastic!!!

From Nairobi VO? You received via email or Mycic account?

I emailed them (used nrobi-immigration) last week and they said they working on applications. Before I was getting a different message something about essential and emergency services only.

I am under economic category Federal Skilled Program PR. My aor is September 2019. Processing Timeline was only 6 months but significantly delayed by Covid-19.
They sent by email, but it's also on the GcKey account. This one is for Spousal sponsorship - our application was transferred from Sydney office to Nairobi on Feb 26, 2020. It doesn't say specifically which office the letter was sent for, but since the papers are in Nairobi, I assume they are there. I don't have much data on what's "normal" for pre-Covid though :(

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
They sent by email, but it's also on the GcKey account. This one is for Spousal sponsorship - our application was transferred from Sydney office to Nairobi on Feb 26, 2020. It doesn't say specifically which office the letter was sent for, but since the papers are in Nairobi, I assume they are there. I don't have much data on what's "normal" for pre-Covid though :(
Yes, since your file was transferred to Nairobi, you should receive the medical from Nairobi office. What is the email address you received from? is it nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca ?