Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
Its good to get pple applying from Nbi Office. I feel I belong here, Hey JMA this is the place you have been hiding ah!, anything new for you?
Here is my timline.
AOR received on 14th january 2011 and passport request PPR on 09/february/2011 and my spouse was asked to pay Right of landing fee, which he has paid. I dropped my passports to our Vo on the 03/march/2011. Just wondering if it will be more months before I get my daughters passport and mine back, ofcourse with the visa. I want to plan ahead on Landing.
Your advice will hightly be appreciated.
Thanks Guys and God bless avery one especially during this time of being away from out families.

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
This is a great thread to support other people applying through the Nairobi office.
My husband and I just submitted our application at the beginning of March so we haven't heard anything yet but I appreciate hearing the stories of others going through the same torture as us.

We got married in Kenya in January and subitted our application in March that is all I have in my timeline so far.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Kristin

purplenite1

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
08-02-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
Hoping for June :)
Hi Scorpion, I have not gotten my passport back yet. No response of any sort from the embassy yet...my husband was thinking about emailing them to see when he can expect it back.

Will let you guys know if anything changes!!

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
ooh this process is driving me crazy
there's alittle bit update in my side
our VO mailed a form to my hubby last week and he got this morning
the form is a security related issues
my hubby's country was ruled by a dictator in 1970 till 1990
they just want to know whether he ever worked with that dictator in any capacity or any other member of his family
but the question is that my hubby was born at end of 80s about 4 years before the end of that dictator's time
so i don't know why they are asking such question
he's already stated that he never worked any goverment job nor any goverment related jobs
he already filled the forms
hoping to hand them soon
maybe a week's time
god bless u guys
pray for us to get the ppr and visa soon

S

Scorpion26

Hi all,

We received a letter on the 4th of March requesting for additional docs. Then on the 11th of March, we got another letter asking to pay the RPRF and the PPR. I have submitted the passport and paid the RPRF, which they have confirmed that they have received. I am wondering if we still need to send the additional info requested or not - since they have already requested the RPRF and PPR.

Please advise.

purplenite1

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
08-02-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
Hi Scorpion, I would suggest sending in the additional information because you would not want them delaying issuing the visa based on that. They will only say they told you to turn it and they are waiting for that to be done. That is my personal opinion...cover your bases.

And Jma, I am sorry they are asking you stupid questions..honestly sometimes you wonder if they even read things properly before asking certain things!!

God bless..

S

Scorpion26

Thanks purplenite1. Will wait for police clearance (expected mid April) to come and then will send all the docs together, which means approximately 3 more weeks. I just hope we get that passport with the visa before that. Keep fingers crossed.

purplenite1

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
08-02-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
Hi Scorpion, if they are requesting police checks or any of those important documents like medicals, then they will hold the passport till they are recieved. So definitely send those police checks ASAP! Those are pretty crucial..not to sound negative but I am pretty sure they won't issue the visa without those things being submitted.

Hope this helps!

S

Scorpion26

I did send a copy of everything that they have requested. I wonder why they are asking for the same things that we submitted at the time of application (eg marriage certificate, photos, bank accounts, receipts and everything that we have already submitted). I do not know, may be that was a mistake on their part to request all these documents again. Our immigration lawyer has told us that it might be a mistake on their part, since after one week they sent us a letter to request our passport and RPRF...

confused confused... dont even know whom to contact at the embassy... some people have told me that the passport request is the final stage after everything is confirmed...

purplenite1

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
File Transfer...
01-11-2010
Med's Request
08-02-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
Oh yeah that is very confusing!! I am not sure why they would ask for the same materials. Have you tried to email them to inquire why they are asking the same information again? And I agree with you..I thought the same thing too - that asking for the PP would mean the final step. But now I am not so sure..maybe they just changed their pattern of document acquisition?

Sigh...its been 1 month and 18 days since we turned the PP and Medicals in! My husband send an email today to see when he can expect the PP back..they can't hold it for so long, we may need it for travel.

Hang in there and try the email.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Whenever they ask you for documents - just provide the documents. When they ask, it means that they do not have the document even though you sent it to them. Sometimes documents get lost between the reception that receives the document and immigration officer that processess the application. In my case sept 2010, they requested for additional documents that did not pertain to my original application. I submitted the documents in October 2010, last thursday, I emailed them to ask if they received the documents. I was kind of worried since the 22 months they promised will be done in September. I was suprised that they got back to me the following day. But the bad news is that they are still requested for more documents that we had originally provided to them - now I need more money to notarize the death certificate.

But I am optimistic, since it looks like there are working and responding to us. I am really anxious for my niece and nephew to join. I am keeping my figures crossed for all of us.

Cheers!

Lena

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if someone has to do a further medical how long it normally to have visa after submitting same.

Thank you.

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Just have a question for applicants that reside outside Kenya. How does the Embassy send the stamped passport back to the applicant. In our case we normally drop off the documents at the Consolate and we receive the request or acknowledgment through the post office. My applicants are in Uganda and I am not sure how it works.

Thanks for your reply.

Lena

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
Medical Form Section A:

Does anybody know what the following acroynms stands for:

1. REQ: CMY and BFTO: PL

2. REQ: EJA and BFTO:MLE.

My relatives just received medicals and VO has typed those acroynms on the form.

Thanks.

Lena

malaika

Aug 8, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10.2010
AOR Received.
14/01/2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23/12/2010
Med's Done....
september 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/feb/2011
VISA ISSUED...
may be may
LANDED..........
maybe june
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :D :D

Who said Nairobi office was slow.
OMG!

Just got an email this morning to go pic my VISA and my other documents.
It too me less than 5 months. can u guys beleive this!!!!!!!!!! OMG.
Thank you everyone for all the time and effort by contrubution to this forum and so much more
I had planned to land in Jully because I did my Medicals in August, but it seams I might land before then.
Thank You NAIROBI VISA OFFICE.
BRAVOOOOOOOO!!!FOR THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!!
MY GOD BLESS U ABUNDANDLY. THIS IT TRULLY MY EASTHER PRESENT.
For JMA, LOC213 and others. guys Iam praying for you all. Hung in there and always seak for GODs Intervention. If you are religous that is.
I LOVE U ALL.
Regards
MALAIKA.