Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
ohcanada15 said:
I came to find out today that my application is no longer in dar es salaam visa office . it was sent to Abu Dhabi. I was waiting for PPR now its gone to different visa office. But at least there's something going on better than nothing. It was pleasure being in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam thread . Wishing you all speedy process so you can unite with your loved ones before year ends
Welcome to the ADVO group...you can add yourself to the spreadsheet here http://tinyurl.com/mtpx3z5 and if you want to follow the ADVO thread, the link is http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-sponsorship-abu-dhabi-office-t95703.5715.html

I used to live in Nairobi...it is such a beautiful place with wonderful people. Habariyako (sorry for the spelling) :) I wish all the Nairobi applicants best of luck in getting their applications processed :)

C.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Thanks for the much welcome. I will add myself to the spreadsheet , hopefully it well help future applicants. Nairobi is lovely city and lovely people.
Can't wait to visit and checkout the scenery.

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Hi all,

Sorry for the late response. As I mentioned, I received an email from the DSM VO requesting my passport, however, there was no mailing address or any instructions attached which I found odd. Anyway, after a couple of emails back and forth to NRB and DSM VO, I received a response from NRB giving me their mailing address. At this point, I was really confused because CIC had noted that my documents were sent to DSM despite me checking NRB on the application.

I mentioned this in the email just to clarify, and I was informed that my application is in NRB and not DSM, so to send my passport to NRB.

Here's what I'm guessing happened and I could be completely wrong. I believe the overflow from NRB is being sent to DSM just to review basic information and then sent back to NRB to finalize? Since I am a Kenyan citizen, DSM cannot stamp my passport.

Just wanted to keep you all posted in case anyone else is in the same situation.

The good news is that things are moving fast, so hang in there my friends!!!

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Thanks Zainy for the update, at least I now know there's someone present at NVO. This thread had gone cold for a while and was thinking the officers there had gone on leave :)

+1 for you.

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
Sooo after endless waiting to hear back from Nairobi about if the have received my husband's passport with no reply for about a month and a half if got fed up and contacted my local mp who then emailed Nairobi and they responsed saying my husband's file was transferred to dar es salaam and they never notified us so now we don't know where my husband's passport is if Nairobi received it and then sent it to dar or if they still have it my goodness could they make this anymore frustrating

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
meena88 said:
Sooo after endless waiting to hear back from Nairobi about if the have received my husband's passport with no reply for about a month and a half if got fed up and contacted my local mp who then emailed Nairobi and they responsed saying my husband's file was transferred to dar es salaam and they never notified us so now we don't know where my husband's passport is if Nairobi received it and then sent it to dar or if they still have it my goodness could they make this anymore frustrating
I really understand your frustration. Why would they transfer your file to dar es salaam when they requested your husband's passport ? Doesn't really make sense to me . Have you tried contacting using case specific inquiry to dar es salaam ? I have sent enough inquires and no reply then I received a called from my MP office who notified me that the files has been transferred to abu dhabi office. Seems that there's no communication. They should at least send you letter of acknowledgement that your case has been transferred.

Only way I found my application was by mp office. otherwise I would be waiting dar es salaam to contact us . Please , be patient and send inquiry to dar es salaam .

jamari

Sep 30, 2015
hi! :)evry body I,m news to this web site I fund interesting. iam sponsor my wife who live in Africa Burundi. but I was the cic office was reiceve my application febr 26, 2014 and processing at april 1, 2014 . august 28 my mp was contact the visas fice and the tald him like my profil it,s in queue of review and now I check my profil its change to decision made and permanent resident its say Application Received. my question its what is the meaning of fil in queue of review and its for how long? its mean they finish or not? because they never asking us the passport. thank you to answer my question.

Falmaata

Jul 31, 2013
edmonton, ab , canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Oct 22/2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
03-21-2015
Interview........
Done october 06/2015 / pass
Passport Req..
Handed to officer after interview
VISA ISSUED...
November 4
LANDED..........
Maybe next month
jamari said:
Hello ! that means your application is on quae ( waiting ) for the visa officer to review or simply the visa office have not started processing your application yet , as of when no body can predict except visa office , be patient and pray , hope good news will come soon , as of Decision made means you are approved as sponsor …. good luck

Ngabwes

Oct 1, 2015
Hello all,

I am sponsoring my wife from Kenya to Canada and here is my ecas status;

We received application to sponsor ... on 13 Aug 2014
We start processing your application on january 16,2014
Decision made on your application.

Sponsored person;

We receive ur application for permenent resident on 13 Aug 2014
Medical received
October 1,2015 In process.

My question is does the Visa office send a letter of interview when its in processing? Does this means every thing is well or not? i am frustrated and don't really know what will be next. any one to clarify please. thanks.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Yes, any time before passport request or even the day of passport they can notify you about the necessity of an interview.for est african countrie it happen but it is a probability to addan interview.but some members here were requested to pass one.

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Guys the Daresalam embassy sent me a short email to notify that now my wife's ile is in daresalam. and that they updated her address as well(as I had requested).

it looks lie all files for Uganda,Rwanda, Burundi and Tz were moved to Daresalam now.there is another country in Indian sea as well,I don't remember the name.

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
I got an email this morning from dar cuz I was asking where my husband's passport was cuz they transferred his file from Nairobi without any notice and this was there response

Dear applicant

Yes we do have your passport

Be notified that your file was transferred from Nairobi and is currently under the processing queue in the high commission of Canada in dar es salaam and the passport is not needed until further notice.

Kindly send us a prepaid airway bill so we can return your passport to you.

Now if you were me reading this what would you think?
I am freeking out cuz it sounds like even though I got my passport request from Nairobi, dar has decided that they are pretty much starting the entire process over from the beginning which I think is sooo wrong getting peoples hopes up and let them get ready for their loved ones to come and then oh lets start this from the beginning again so these too can't see each other for a year cuz they spent all their money on a place to live in Canada and nown can't afford to go visit her husband .... Sorry guys I'm beyond frustrated at this point... Also contact my mp again and they said since the next step would be contacting the ministry and needing us to sign papers for release of information there is no point to start the process now because if someone new gets voted in, in the election on the 19th we would have to start over again sigh......

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
oh wow that really sucks. I can't believe they r going to start again.
after reading all your posts now I am not sure if my file is in Niarobi or dar.
i wished they sent emails to inform. The wait is painful.

meena88 said:
I got an email this morning from dar cuz I was asking where my husband's passport was cuz they transferred his file from Nairobi without any notice and this was there response

Dear applicant

Yes we do have your passport

Be notified that your file was transferred from Nairobi and is currently under the processing queue in the high commission of Canada in dar es salaam and the passport is not needed until further notice.

Kindly send us a prepaid airway bill so we can return your passport to you.

Now if you were me reading this what would you think?
I am freeking out cuz it sounds like even though I got my passport request from Nairobi, dar has decided that they are pretty much starting the entire process over from the beginning which I think is sooo wrong getting peoples hopes up and let them get ready for their loved ones to come and then oh lets start this from the beginning again so these too can't see each other for a year cuz they spent all their money on a place to live in Canada and nown can't afford to go visit her husband .... Sorry guys I'm beyond frustrated at this point... Also contact my mp again and they said since the next step would be contacting the ministry and needing us to sign papers for release of information there is no point to start the process now because if someone new gets voted in, in the election on the 19th we would have to start over again sigh......

SAID MISKIN

Apr 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Freinds,
I need your support and advise, please dont ignore my post any more because i am so desperate on this. below is my timeline.

We received your application for permanent residence on October, 2010.
We started processing your application on February, 2015.
We sent you a letter on February, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Interview scheduled for March 15, 2015. (I did the interview on March 2015)
We sent you medical instructions on June, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us - ( I did the Medicals on 7th of July 2015).

Please what is next ? how long will it take to go?