+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2014

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Danielle C said:
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to contain my excitement before I hear from you.

I have received a letter via email with request for passport - I presume this means that our application has been approved??

My other question is (embarrassed to ask) - do we courier the passport to the Canadian High Commission in Nairobi?

Also, once it has been couriered, how long is the next step?

Cheers!
Danielle
If you dont mine me asking have u received your passport back and how long does it take?

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hi am a February applicant had a question Once passport is mailed do we receive an email to let us know its been received? How long does it take to get it back? ECAS has not updated anything other than inprocess... Unsure when itll get updated anything it just says in process. Lastly, whats how is visa expirey date determines?

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Ca-Ke said:
Hi am a February applicant had a question Once passport is mailed do we receive an email to let us know its been received? How long does it take to get it back? ECAS has not updated anything other than inprocess... Unsure when itll get updated anything it just says in process. Lastly, whats how is visa expirey date determines?
Hi Ca-ke, you do not get an email to let you know that they received the passport. however you can use the tracking number that DHL or FedEx whoever you used, gave you, when you mailed it. that's how we did it too. for the time to get it back it depends, and might vary. in average we can say between 2- and 3 weeks. but I saw situation where it goes more than that. For daresalam, which was my office I saw situation were from when they received it took less than a week.Like us it tooks 2 days!

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
Hi Ca-ke, you do not get an email to let you know that they received the passport. however you can use the tracking number that DHL or FedEx whoever you used, gave you, when you mailed it. that's how we did it too. for the time to get it back it depends, and might vary. in average we can say between 2- and 3 weeks. but I saw situation where it goes more than that. For daresalam, which was my office I saw situation were from when they received it took less than a week.Like us it tooks 2 days!
Thanks there was an issue with the courier we used the address typed was different than address provided by us I kept worrying passpprt will end up elsewhere. I have been reassured theyll go by the address written on the package so am hoping so. Might call up embassy and follow up. My husband is in mombasa coast hopefully it wont take long to return it. How long was the visa u were provided issued for?

Happymn

May 28, 2016
Sorry for the delay in replying. the visas was almost a year! actually the date when the medical are set to expire. and we had renewed the medical in April. so Visas is to expire sometimes in April/2017.

I hope for now you heard from them. have you got back the PP?

Former Lonely guy.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Happymn said:
Sorry for the delay in replying. the visas was almost a year! actually the date when the medical are set to expire. and we had renewed the medical in April. so Visas is to expire sometimes in April/2017.

I hope for now you heard from them. have you got back the PP?

Former Lonely guy.
Sadly noo we havent gotten the passport back. We called them to make sure they had it and they confirmed they did. One of my friends got a phone call for her to send someone from dhl to pick it up... Its gonna be a month since weve sent it as of Friday.

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Ca-Ke said:
Sadly noo we havent gotten the passport back. We called them to make sure they had it and they confirmed they did. One of my friends got a phone call for her to send someone from dhl to pick it up... Its gonna be a month since weve sent it as of Friday.
I am so sorry to hear this Ca-ke. I hope you receive it soon.

Ca-Ke

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hardcookie said:
I am so sorry to hear this Ca-ke. I hope you receive it soon.
Hardcookie have u gotten ur PPR ? Im thinkin maybe cus my medicals expire in jan 2017 so they think we got a lot of time till my hubby has to land...

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Ca-Ke said:
Hardcookie have u gotten ur PPR ? Im thinkin maybe cus my medicals expire in jan 2017 so they think we got a lot of time till my hubby has to land...
Yes Ca- Ke. We received the email on 18th. They required with some other documents. My Medicals also expire in Jan/Feb 2017. I will hopefully send them by next week.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
dinigobale said:
hey guys

i havnt checked my wife's E-case for a while i just checked and it says DM! even though we hadnt received no email or mail! they sent a letter a while ago asking which city is easier for my wife to go for an interview, nairobi, addis, kampala etc. so responded to that letter with more proof emails, letters, phone records, pictures since they werent satisfied. anyho we were waiting to get the date for her interview not DM. ps my wife is a citizen of somalia so she doesnt have a passport. what should i expect next?
Hi saxib,

Im also sponsoring my wife from somalia. She lives in hargeisa. They want to interview your wife because sadly most applicants from our country somalia are selected from interviews. Dont waste time and tell your wife to go to her interview, otherwise they wont give her her visa. Also, start making travel arrangments with IOM beacuse her visa will only be issued on a single journey travel document since her passport is not recognized by canada.

What is your timeline so that i can have an idea of the processing times for somali applicants?