Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
@Peron, notes are the notes in your file. all the notes that immigration agents put there.but most of the time it's hard to read and understand them due to their codes that they use.but you can have an idea on what is happening on your file and how far it is arriving.they cost $5. and if your are the sponsor the applicant should give you his/her consent signed.it's not really complicated.just typpe notes here in serch you will get the link and use it.have your credit card ready to pay $5 fee.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
lonelyguy said:
@ Peron, notes are the notes in your file. all the notes that immigration agents put there.but most of the time it's hard to read and understand them due to their codes that they use.but you can have an idea on what is happening on your file and how far it is arriving.they cost $5. and if your are the sponsor the applicant should give you his/her consent signed.it's not really complicated.just typpe notes here in serch you will get the link and use it.have your credit card ready to pay $5 fee.
The acronyms thread in the General Immigration category on this forum has a second tab that explains the codes.

:)

SAID MISKIN

Apr 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alwy Alsaggaf said:
Hey Said,

Did you say interview was March 2015?
Dear Alwy Alsaggaf

Yeap the interview was March 2015, I did the medical exam on July 2015, I am worring about my landing date.

Can you please support

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Hello all!

I don't know if you remember, but I was a Nairobi applicant and was transferred to Dar es Salam once they opened the new VO there. I believe most of the overflow from Nairobi was transferred to Dar.

I woke up this morning to the most awaited email from CIC!!! They have requested for my passport and a prepaid courier coupon. Since I am already in Canada on a visitor status, I would be mailing out my passport from here.

Does anyone have any experience with what courier is preferred amongst the forum as well as sending it from Canada? Does this mean they will return it to me in Canada? Would I then have to leave the country and re-enter to "land"?

Thanks so much for all your help. It is always appreciated.

henudo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2015
Congrats Zainy, I am really happy for you. I guess the likes of Awmf2014 et al, may be in a good position to advice. BTW, would you know when your ECAS turned to "in process"?

zainy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
henudo said:
Congrats Zainy, I am really happy for you. I guess the likes of Awmf2014 et al, may be in a good position to advice. BTW, would you know when your ECAS turned to "in process"?
Thank you henudo. It says they started processing my application on July 28, 2015. Hope this helps!

If anyone can provide information on how to courier and which address to use, please let me know as it is not mentioned on the email. Thank you!

peron

Feb 23, 2012
Congs Zainy!!!!finally!surptisingly mine shows they started processing mu application on may 20th 2015 and no further instructions yet!we are being sponsored with my daughter by our husband!i Dnt know why ours is taking long!we are in Uganda our file in Nairobi,I pray I hear from them soo

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

So, you have to ask your VO which courier companies they prefer. This will be key in delivering and receiving your documents on time.
Nairobi sends a message with these preferred companies: DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx.

I used FedEx because I know that the VO uses them quite frequently from my friend's experiences. However, I had problems with them when they were returning my documents.

Lastly, you have two options to land...
1) Leave and re-enter Canada by land at a border close to you or leave and re-enter Canada by air
2) Set up an appointment at a local Cic office. You would have to call Cic to set up an appointment. Appointment wait times vary from and can take up to 3 months to get an appointment.

For landing at the border, please view my previous posts on my landing experience.

I am not on the forum very often, but feel free to view my posts to get an idea of what I went through.

Congratulations and best of luck!

zainy said:
Thank you henudo. It says they started processing my application on July 28, 2015. Hope this helps!

If anyone can provide information on how to courier and which address to use, please let me know as it is not mentioned on the email. Thank you!

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
congrats!! So happy for you.

zainy said:
Hello all!

I don't know if you remember, but I was a Nairobi applicant and was transferred to Dar es Salam once they opened the new VO there. I believe most of the overflow from Nairobi was transferred to Dar.

I woke up this morning to the most awaited email from CIC!!! They have requested for my passport and a prepaid courier coupon. Since I am already in Canada on a visitor status, I would be mailing out my passport from here.

Does anyone have any experience with what courier is preferred amongst the forum as well as sending it from Canada? Does this mean they will return it to me in Canada? Would I then have to leave the country and re-enter to "land"?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Helloo Samji. Congratulation was the request made by Daresalam Office? or would you share your timeline please?

Thank you.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hey! I am still waiting for the PPR email. Haven't got it.
But the fellow member zainy got it.

lonelyguy said:
Helloo Samji. Congratulation was the request made by Daresalam Office? or would you share your timeline please?

Thank you.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
zainy said:
Hello all!

that's very good news . I hope we all hear the same news soon since we all have the same timeline. So your application was received by Nairobi then sent to Dar es salaam ? as far as the mailing goes. I wonder how are you able to get Dar es salaam mailing address ?

please share this process it will help others later times

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Congratulation Zainy.
@Samj sorry, but ours to should be soon.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
I came to find out today that my application is no longer in dar es salaam visa office . it was sent to Abu Dhabi. I was waiting for PPR now its gone to different visa office. But at least there's something going on better than nothing. It was pleasure being in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam thread . Wishing you all speedy process so you can unite with your loved ones before year ends

Deesavids

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dar es salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21
File Transfer...
July 20