+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2014

peron

Feb 23, 2012
Congs awmf ,me am stil waiting,haven't heard anything from them yet yet I submitted last year in March!!!!but my status shows in process!!!we started processing ur application on 20th may 2015,I hope I get news soon as da waiting is too much

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Congrats!! How long did they keep ur passport for??

Awmf2014 said:
Received passport!!!! going to land at the border!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

All the best to everyone still waiting. Good news is coming!

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Awmf2014 said:

Hey Awmf2014,

Congratulations dear! we are all happy for you.Journey has finally come to an end.

All the best..... :D :D :D :D :D

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
Congrats on getting your passport stamped your now all finished must feel amazing!!! Just a quick question how long did it take for your medicals to be received after redoing them? Mine has been over a month and still not updated on ecas and emailed asking if they received passport and still no reply how long did they have your passport exactly?

quote author=Awmf2014 link=topic=249355.msg4612844#msg4612844 date=1441375834]
So Nairobi VO has your passport already?
No, it shouldn't take them that long to get back to you. Have you tried to ask them how long it will take for them to send it back via email?
Also, ask your spouse to contact their MP to investigate the situation.

Nairobi VO had my passport since June 30th 2015, but that was because they asked me to do new medicals in July. After passport request, I found they were much better at communicating about how long it would take them to return my passport.

[/quote]

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport was with them since June 30, 2015.

After I did my medicals in July, I called the office where I did my medicals, and they confirmed that my emedical file was available for assessment. I got no confirmation from the visa office when my medicals were received. I sent many emails, but they didn't reply.

It usually takes some time for them to assess the medicals.

I just landed today. Officially a Permanent Resident

meena88 said:
Congrats on getting your passport stamped your now all finished must feel amazing!!! Just a quick question how long did it take for your medicals to be received after redoing them? Mine has been over a month and still not updated on ecas and emailed asking if they received passport and still no reply how long did they have your passport exactly?

quote author=Awmf2014 link=topic=249355.msg4612844#msg4612844 date=1441375834]
So Nairobi VO has your passport already?
No, it shouldn't take them that long to get back to you. Have you tried to ask them how long it will take for them to send it back via email?
Also, ask your spouse to contact their MP to investigate the situation.

Nairobi VO had my passport since June 30th 2015, but that was because they asked me to do new medicals in July. After passport request, I found they were much better at communicating about how long it would take them to return my passport.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
meena88 said:
This one thing I don't understand . You email and no reply. Is this common thing for all visa offices or just few.I read that other visa offices are quick to reply inquiries specially inquiry about passports, address changes and forwarding important documents. At least it would be helpful to have one or words of reply.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Awmf2014 said:

Congrats mate :D

Wish you the very best for the future.

Falmaata

Jul 31, 2013
edmonton, ab , canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Oct 22/2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
03-21-2015
Interview........
Done october 06/2015 / pass
Passport Req..
Handed to officer after interview
VISA ISSUED...
November 4
LANDED..........
Maybe next month
Falmaata said:
I got confused about interview later regarding my wife application , i need some one translate for me
(we have submitted original police certificate with our application June 2014 .)
DEAR XXXXXX.
Interview is necessary to assess your Relationship to your sponsor.
DEPENDENT CHILDREN ;- over age of 16 included in your application , who intend to immigrate to canada with you , must accompany you to the interview , at the interview please present the following ORIGINAL documents for all persons on the application ( if applicable ) unless they have already been sent with your application
- your passport
- police certifcate or clairance from each country in which you and everyone in your family aged 18 years or over , and who are included in your application , have resided six month or more since reaching 18 years of age . thanks

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Awmf, I'm at the exact same stage as you. Please tell me exactly how you "landed "? Where? Did they give you a hard time?

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
simbakubwa said:
Awmf, I'm at the exact same stage as you. Please tell me exactly how you "landed "? Where? Did they give you a hard time?

Hey Simbamkubwa,

did you get your passport back already?

Awmf2014 said she flagpolled at the border right? But she'll tell you how exactly it went.

It shouldn't be difficult if you have gotten your passport back already

Good luck everyone

Alwy Alsaggaf

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hello Falmaata,
I can try translate this for you to the best of my ability.
Your wife has been for an interview, I'm sure that is clear now. And you also know about the date.

The part that say, " Dependent children over age of 16 years........."This will only apply if you have kids already. If you don't have any kids then you can just disregard this information and focus on your wife only. This portion is only if you have kids then you want them to join you.
DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS FALMAATA?
When your wife goes for the interview she should go with her passport and ORIGINAL police clearance certificate. If you have submitted the police certificate already, then you she will take herpassport when she goes for the interview.

I hope this help brother Falmaata.
Let me know if there's any further clarification needed
All the best to everyone

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

I flagpoled as mentioned earlier in this thread. You just go to the border closest to you. You have to leave Canada, and cross into the US and inform them that you are flag poling. Then come back to Canada, and say that you flagpoled at the US and you would like to land.
It's fairly simple. The only thing is you have to be prepared to wait for a long time for the landing portion at the Canadian side.
I waited for 2 hours at the Canadian side, but the border services agent mentioned that I was lucky that I was done in an unusually short amount of time.

You need to have your passport, your immigrant visa, and two copies of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents (CoPR).

Flagpoling is especially easy as you do not need an American visa. Also, you have to go with your spouse if you have not lived together or if the duration of your relationship has not been longer than 2 years at the time of the application. Refer to your CoPR document to see if there is an added condition to live with your spouse in a conjugal relationship for 2 years.

Good luck.

simbakubwa said:

simbakubwa

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks Awmf. Which border did you use? I'm considering niagara falls.

Yes. We received the passport back from Nairobi in exactly 4 weeks.

Falmaata

Jul 31, 2013
edmonton, ab , canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Oct 22/2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2015
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
Done
Med's Done....
03-21-2015
Interview........
Done october 06/2015 / pass
Passport Req..
Handed to officer after interview
VISA ISSUED...
November 4
LANDED..........
Maybe next month
Thanks a lot Alwy for your reply , no kids .....and appreciated

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You received your passport 4 weeks ago?
Try to go to the border as soon as possible so that you can get your health card and official PR card sooner.

I used the Canada/Buffalo border.

simbakubwa said:
Thanks Awmf. Which border did you use? I'm considering niagara falls.

Yes. We received the passport back from Nairobi in exactly 4 weeks.