24-06-2015
File Transfer...
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2015
Hello all!

Just a quick question: I'm a Kenyan citizen but currently residing in Canada on a visitor status with my husband who is a Canadian citizen. My fingerprints are being processed at the moment in the U.S (I was a student there since the age of 18).

There is a backlog for fingerprints at the FBI right now so I was wondering if we should go ahead and send in my paperwork to Mississauga so at least my husband can be approved as a sponsor in the mean time. But should I only send his paperwork to get approved or everything we have and write a letter regarding the fingerprints? How would it work if my husband was approved and my fingerprints were still not in?

Any insight on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bindiya04

Feb 6, 2015
Hey i am hoing through the same. My hubby is canadian and im kenyan we filled on 16th june and received acceptance latter on 13aug 2014. Till now i can only see the status as medical received since august, can any one please tell me how long does it take to process as the status is just not changing till date. Looking forward for someone to help me out with timing..
zainy said:
Hi all,

I have tried searching for any posts relating to the NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS, but do not see any recently updates ones. I am in the process of applying for my PR and have almost filled out my inland application but was advised to look into an outland for Nails

robi due to shorter processing times and since I hold a Kenyan passport.

The current processing time for the Nairobi office on CIC is bordering at 21 months after the 44 days of first stage approval. I was told that these times vary significantly, so I should ask applicants of their "real processing times" through the Nairobi office.

If you have applied through the Nairobi office, would you be kind enough to list down your timeline so I can make a final decision about which route (inland or outland) to pursue.

P.S: If there is a post on this, please feel free to direct me to it as I know how cumbersome redundant posts can get.

Thank you all for your help. It is much appreciated!

Bindiya04

Feb 6, 2015
Hey i am hoing through the same. My hubby is canadian and im kenyan we filled on 16th june and received acceptance latter on 13aug 2014. Till now i can only see the status as medical received since august, can any one please tell me how long does it take to process as the status is just not changing till date. Looking forward for someone to help me out with timing..
zainy said:
Hi all,

I have tried searching for any posts relating to the NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS, but do not see any recently updates ones. I am in the process of applying for my PR and have almost filled out my inland application but was advised to look into an outland for Nails

robi due to shorter processing times and since I hold a Kenyan passport.

The current processing time for the Nairobi office on CIC is bordering at 21 months after the 44 days of first stage approval. I was told that these times vary significantly, so I should ask applicants of their "real processing times" through the Nairobi office.

If you have applied through the Nairobi office, would you be kind enough to list down your timeline so I can make a final decision about which route (inland or outland) to pursue.

P.S: If there is a post on this, please feel free to direct me to it as I know how cumbersome redundant posts can get.

Bindiya04

Feb 6, 2015
hey
my hubby is from canada and i am from nairobi. he has applied for my file on 16th june 2014 and received acceptance latter on 13th aug. saying my file has been transferd to nairobi for further processing. then immidiately i saw medical received but after that my status did not change completely till now. can anyone please tell me how long will it take to process because online its showing 21 month. i just hope it does not take that long.

please reply uyour experience

rajwan

Sep 23, 2014
hi bindiya,

i am in the process of sponsoring my wife from kenya. we applied july 30th 2014. ecas shows medical results received since september. no change. my wife sent an email to immigration requesting a status and advised that i will be visiitng her in april

we got this response

Good Morning,

OUR FILE: F000298792

This application was received in our office on 30-07-2014. The file has not yet been preliminarily reviewed. When the file comes up for a review, if all information required for an assessment is not in the file, we will send a request for additional information. If the application is complete and it is decided that an interview is not required, we will send medical instructions. If an interview is required to make a determination, we will send a notification to that effect.

We will also advise on any other decision once the file has been reviewed.

You may also wish to note that this file is proceeding within the most recent processing times indicated in our website at 454242. However, with unforeseen changes in our volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to definitely process an application within the times indicated.

We trust that this information suffices.

Regards,

rajwan

Sep 23, 2014
seems like a standard response. keeping fingers crossed it will be complete when i visit my wife in april

Bindiya04

Feb 6, 2015
Hy ya when i sent them a mail i got the same reply. Cant wait to see my hubby dnt know many more months they will take. Do u have any idea usually how long do they take? Like for example in india its processing time is 16 months but done in 8 months. Now here in nairobi i dont know how long they will take..
rajwan said:
hi bindiya,

i am in the process of sponsoring my wife from kenya. we applied july 30th 2014. ecas shows medical results received since september. no change. my wife sent an email to immigration requesting a status and advised that i will be visiitng her in april

we got this response

Good Morning,

OUR FILE: F000298792

This application was received in our office on 30-07-2014. The file has not yet been preliminarily reviewed. When the file comes up for a review, if all information required for an assessment is not in the file, we will send a request for additional information. If the application is complete and it is decided that an interview is not required, we will send medical instructions. If an interview is required to make a determination, we will send a notification to that effect.

We will also advise on any other decision once the file has been reviewed.

You may also wish to note that this file is proceeding within the most recent processing times indicated in our website at 454242. However, with unforeseen changes in our volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to definitely process an application within the times indicated.

We trust that this information suffices.

Regards,
rajwan said:
seems like a standard response. keeping fingers crossed it will be complete when i visit my wife in april
rajwan said:
zainy said:
Hi all,

I have tried searching for any posts relating to the NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS, but do not see any recently updates ones. I am in the process of applying for my PR and have almost filled out my inland application but was advised to look into an outland for Nairobi due to shorter processing times and since I hold a Kenyan passport.

pthapa

Feb 7, 2015
Arc

Is there any one dealing with Arc from CHC Newdelhi.
I submitted my arc on 8 dec 2014, how long does it takes for the arc to be processed.
Some more i applied on 20 July 2012 but still on proicess
Any one going through same situation

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hi zainy

if you are already with your husband then send the WHOLE application complete with a note stating that you are waiting for your fingerprints clearance to arrive. Usually that lasts a year of validity so you shouod be ok because they will request for it sooner or later. Make sure the rest of the application is complete. Sometimes they will accept it or if not then you they will send your application back. In that case you wait till you have everything. If the case officer sees that the rest of the application is flawless he/she may let it go. Its a chance but its your decision. If it were me i would write a polite note saying the fingerprints were taking longer than you expected so you sent the application to begin processing and as soon as you have them you will send them in. Good luck. Just remember the rest of the application must be flawless. ;D

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Zainy

you are allowed to stay with your husband in canda even after your visa expires. You will be "out of status" but still legally allowed to reside with your husband as long as you dont work during that time period until your application is approved. If you are already in canada you can wait here. Thought id let you know. Keep us posted

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
Hello

I am sponsoring my husband from Tanzania sent application in on Nov 25 2014 still waiting to hear anything do they send the email to me or my husband? Hoping to hear something very soon since the waiting time says 90 days. Anyone else here send their application around the same time?

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015
Dear friends and members,

If you are concerned about the processing times for your respective visa office or empathize with people that have to endure such a long period of time without being with their loved one and you would like to show your support or find ways to contribute, you can:

1) Sign the petition
http://tinyurl.com/majlurl
OR
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/improve-processing-times-for-spouse-sponsorship.html

2) Email family, friends and colleagues informing them of your situation and requesting support to sign the petition

3) Add to your signature in your profile:
Improve spouse sponsor processing time: http://tinyurl.com/majlurl

This is an election year and I believe there is strength in numbers.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent mine in the beginning of Oct and managed to get a sponsorship approval.
I think things are taking longer because of the new open work permit changes, but things seem to be picking up. They are now working on November applications at the Mississauga office. Give it a few weeks. I called and got confirmation that they received my docs.

meena88 said:
Hello

I am sponsoring my husband from Tanzania sent application in on Nov 25 2014 still waiting to hear anything do they send the email to me or my husband? Hoping to hear something very soon since the waiting time says 90 days. Anyone else here send their application around the same time?

meena88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi/ Dar es Salaam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 25 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 20 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct, 28, 2015
I think calling is a good idea I'm just actually in Tanzania right now visiting my husband so it would be hard to call. I'll just keep being patient and wait I guess. Have they already received your application in Nairobi?

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
meena and awfm. hi guys. listen. i also put my application in 2014 july and we have already got approved and visa stamps. guys i have been thru the same ordeal as you guys. there is no need to call. listen look at the time frame you were given for first process of the sponsor then count your days. meena for you once ur husbands part is approved your application will be transfered to the respective processing visa office for further processing. your husband will get an email to advice him or their decision like he will be told he has been approved as a sponsor and that ur applic will be sent to what office then you wait again. even when we applied it said 21 months for my husbands side of processing and we were done and dusted in 5 months and 2 weeks. start to end. let them do their thing. if your application has been well prepared and all documents are in they will breeze thru them. dont keep calling. if ur feeling anxious come and talk to people here that are in the same boat. you will see you are not alone. thats what got us thru too. we just got ours thats why im saying. just stay positive and keep praying. just my advice.