+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS 2014

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have studied and worked in Canada. I have been here for over 8 years. I am currently in Canada on a visitor record, that expires next year. i married my husband earlier this year. He is Canadian and was just approved as a sponsor. I was just wondering if I had to go to Kenya to submit my passport. My documents are on their way to Kenya now, and i'm hoping that the whole process is approved rather swiftly. Did you have to submit your passport in Kenya, or can you go to your local CPC processing unit?

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Amwf2014.... Nairobi offices will advice you where to submit your passport I think. If you are in canada it would make more sense to send to VO in Ottawa but when the time comes closer they will advice you when and where to send your passport. Just be patient! :D Nairobi has been going thru applications fast. As long as you have submitted everything that they require and all the documents are organized and in order it should be quick! My husband is in Kenya still so he was asked to send his passport to Nairobi office!! Hope that answers your question. ;D

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your advice. I submitted all the docs required including medical as well as right of permanent residence fees. so, i am hoping for a quick decision. Not working is driving me crazy, and it would be great to hear some good news soon!

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Awmf2014.... Where in canada are you??

Aliasghary

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
hi guys i need some information im living in pakistan and my wife is in canada she submit my applicaton at 12 november 2014 whats is next ?

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Aliasghary....... Hello and welcome to the forum!! Well congratulations on the first step of putting in your application. :D the process is simple.... They will take some time to go through your wife's eligibility as a sponsor and if she has been approved which I'm sure she will be, CIC will send you/her and email in which they will give her a UCI number which she can use to check all the updates online. Your file will then be transferred to wherever your application will be processed and then you wait again till they contact you. You will not be able to get any info on your application until they update the status online. It depends on the country how long they take to process your application. If the application in filled out properly and is complete I think they go through it quick. If they need any more information, they will contact you and request the required info, and give you a time frame by which you have to submit it. That's it!!! Just be patient, wait and pray....they will contact you and give you your own UCI number or file number so you as well as your wife can check!! Good luck!!! Inshallah you will be fine ;D keep us posted. We have to help each other through these times!!! Happy holidays everyone!!!

Aliasghary

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hi thanka alot dear freind for your kind information and me and my wife just waiting just pray it get approved soon inshallah i will post

Lou1009

Jan 7, 2015
Hi everyone, I submitted my permanent residency application in November. cIC received the application on the 19 of November. It is for me, my daughter who was born in the states and my husband who is currently residing in Tanzania. I am just wondering what would follow next?Really anxious for my husband to join us here but I hear the Nairobi offices take a very long time :(. I am a protected person. Is the process longer for this category?

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
zainy said:
Hi all,

I have tried searching for any posts relating to the NAIROBI OUTLAND APPLICANTS, but do not see any recently updates ones. I am in the process of applying for my PR and have almost filled out my inland application but was advised to look into an outland for Nairobi due to shorter processing times and since I hold a Kenyan passport.

The current processing time for the Nairobi office on CIC is bordering at 21 months after the 44 days of first stage approval. I was told that these times vary significantly, so I should ask applicants of their "real processing times" through the Nairobi office.

If you have applied through the Nairobi office, would you be kind enough to list down your timeline so I can make a final decision about which route (inland or outland) to pursue.

P.S: If there is a post on this, please feel free to direct me to it as I know how cumbersome redundant posts can get.

Thank you all for your help. It is much appreciated!

Hi, according to your inf u waited for two months by now they should have issued the visa usually takes a month but some cases have taken up to four months for the visas to be issued depending on whose handling your file..have tried sending them an inquiry email

rajwan

Sep 23, 2014
waiting.......

hi guys,

just letting everyone know. I am in the process of sponsoring my wife from kenya. My package was received at cic mississauga office on july 30th. Sponsorship approval- September 28th (file transferred to nairobi).

I have not heard anything yet from CIC ecas shows

Application Received

Medical results received. has not changed since september. im getting worried. I have booked time off from work for end of april to visit my wife with my family and i am praying everyday that she can return back with me. this whole process is very stressful.

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hello rajwan. We just went thru the whole process and got our visa early tgis year. There is jo need to worry. After they say medicals recieved it will be a while before ecas changes. In our case it also said medicals recieved for a few months and then bom all of a sudden it said decision made. After decision made in a few weeks we got the visa with the COPR. Which is comfirmation of permanent residency which ur wife will have to ahow upon arrival. They are peocessing within 6 months if all ur info is sufficient. If they require additional info they will email ur wife for it. Keep your eye out on your emails and on ecas. If you dont hear anything its usually a good sign. When and if you hear from them they will advice you on what to do. I know it can be stressful but it will be alright. Be positive and look forward to your time in nairobi. I too will be in nairobi in april. Just be patient. These things cannot be rushed. Good luck

rajwan

Sep 23, 2014
Hi asher,

Thank you for your comforting words. I do see that they requested a passport in your case in october. We have yet to hear about a passport request. That is the cause of worry. I see you received your visa in january and the PPR was october. Should I be worried they have not requested the passport?

Regards,

Raj

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Hi Rajwan. Please please dont worry. Sometimes because of holidays in between they fall behind. You are not too far from us. Just be patient. They have to go through everything you have submitted. Ok let me put it this way. They cannot reject your application without giving you enough time and a c 8) ;Dhance to submit any ADDTIONAL information if it is required. They will write to you and cery clearly tell you what they want from you. If you dont hear anything from them its good. They are working on your application together with all others that were put in at the same time. I understand the waiting can be frustrating but look on the bright side they are working on it. ;D when they are close to finalizing your application they will inform you if rhey need anything else from you. If they dont need anything, just wait for passport request. They usually try to process fast so you dnt need to do the medicals again. Your wife will be with you before her medicals expire. Dont panic and stress yourself over things you cant control. Remember every application is different. People post their timelines to give others an idea of what theirs was like. You seem like ur on track so dont worry. You will hear from them soon. Keep us informed. Remember jab life ho out of control hoto koh karke gol, hoto koh karke gol siti bajake bol " ALL IS WELL" 8) ;D

rajwan

Sep 23, 2014
hey asher.

my gut instinct tells me i shouldnt worry. my employment status changed from employed to self-employed for the last few months. not sure if that would effect it at this stage since the SA is done. we are doing a wedding eremony in nairobi april 26th. everything is booked. shopping done from india. all the expenses have been made. it would really suck to not bring my wife back. do u think it would be wise at this point to email cic a copy of my plabe tickeets advising them that i am coming with family in april? or just hang in there?

Ashsher

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22. 2014
AOR Received.
September 9th, 2014
File Transfer...
October 2014
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
October 10th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 06th 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
My friend rajwan cic most times does not acknowledge your emails. The fact that you are travelling will not make the process any faster unfortunately. I would maybe just wait it out. They are processing quite fast so just hang in there. I think you will be fine by april. If you feel you should email you can try but im sure you will either get an automated response saying they will get back to you in 28 days or if your lucky someone will write to telling you what you already know. Your application is still in process and within the processing time. We will inform you of the decision once your application has been processed. I tried during my processing time when it said in process and thats the reply i got. So i would just wait. But its your choice. Coming from a very recent experience with them. They are processing fast so just hang in there. Good luck my friend