AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
Just a question for those who've gotten passport requests, does the sponsor get the email or does the sponsored person?

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Dimshin said:
Guys I have good news today :D! They requested my wife's passport yesterday and it seems they waived the interview. our Ecas still says application and medicals received thought, but I know Ecas is not the best thing to rely on; some times they don't even update.

Nrbi VOs are silent but I believe they are working behind scene and I hope every one will hear from them soon.
HI Dimshin,
Congratulations to you and your beloved wife. Thats really good news and soon before xmas you will be with your wife.
Its also a good sign that our VO Nairobi is working but silently. Imagine me when they cancelled my Interview in Sept up to now am waiting for another dated to be set. Me and my hubby are waiting eagerly for a communication. God should really have mercy on us so that xmas finds us united with our partners.
Congs once again!!
Rose13

shastaz

Nov 10, 2011
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
App. Filed.......
22-5-2013
Doc's Request.
13-6-2013/prof relationship again 15 June 2015
AOR Received.
30-5-2013
File Transfer...
5/09/2013-CSQ APPROVED N SENT TO NAIROBI 25-OCT 2013
Med's Request
all documents sent in june 2014 lost
Med's Done....
7TH FEV 2013#remd 22 nov 2015
Interview........
24-05-2016.passed .documents req: remedical.appendx A on 2nd June 2016 sent 9 th . E case changed 24 th June 3 lines medical results received
Passport Req..
26-12-2016:Background checks done re do medicals and csq for Quebec 30 days notice then waiting for passport request oh God
VISA ISSUED...
Passport request 27/ oct/2017 waiting for visa
LANDED..........
Soon november
congrats dear as for me iv paid fr copr done everything just waiting for ppr hope soon goodluck everybody connecting through nrbi.

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
December/25/13...Insh A Allah.
Thank you all for your kind words.
@ Solange, they do either or; in our case they sent the email to the applicant and I noticed in this forum that some times send the ppr request to the sponsor.
@ Rose, I know how it feels in this uncertainty-waiting game but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and we should hope for the best! hopefully your will hear from them before they go for Xmas.

nigelo

Oct 28, 2013
I just got "application in queue for final review" from nairobi office. I already sent them all documents including passport, except that my medical exam is going to expire very soon.

Anybody knows how much time they take for final review and will I need to do medical exams again?

Solange

Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 14, 2013
AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
Did they send you an email or did your e-cas status change?

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
I sent the Nairobi VO an email to update the contact info and inquire about the status of my application and in one of the lines (after 4 wks of course), they had this to say "If the application is complete and it is decided that an interview is not required, we will send medical instructions".
Well, I sent medical info with the application as it is the standard procedure right now and on ECAS it says, "Medicals Received". On my recent GCMS notes it says " Medicals: Passed".
Has anybody had any correspondence with them where they only send standard messages to your querries without looking at the application or is there a real mix up somewhere?
I am wondering if I should be concerned or simply ignore this as an erroneous message.

Solange

Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 14, 2013
AOR Received.
August 27, 2013
File Transfer...
September 6, 2013
Passport Req..
December 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 8, 2014
hey Soon2b,

How do you order GCMS notes? My E-Cas just says application received, so I'm getting worried as to why the medicals aren't showing up. When did you apply?

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
Solange, you can order your GCMS notes online via this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
It takes about a month to get them and you pay only $5 to order.

Anybody with an idea on my question/concern?

shastaz

Nov 10, 2011
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
App. Filed.......
22-5-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
30-5-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-05-2016.passed .documents req: remedical.appendx A on 2nd June 2016 sent 9 th . E case changed 24 th June 3 lines medical results received
Passport Req..
26-12-2016:Background checks done re do medicals and csq for Quebec 30 days notice then waiting for passport request oh God
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon november
thanks soon 2b for the link i just filled out for the gcms waiting fr 30 days n see wat happens almost 2 months ecase just says.in process we have reseived ur file if an interview is required will notify you.then the second pragraph shows decision made, we have received ur medicals,then ur application of permanent residence has been received you will be noticed in writting of ur application,if approved will let u know the next step.the 3rd pharagraph in green written complete on your arrival in canada you will need to meet an immigration officer n will verify your documents if all in order 2 months now any body as same or what does tht mean im confused up in process with red 2nd decision made in blue 3rd complete in green :-[

shastaz

Nov 10, 2011
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
App. Filed.......
22-5-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
30-5-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon november
MY ECASE GIVES ME THIS INFO ALMOST 2 MONTHS NOW CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN TO ME NO INTERVIEW YET NO PASSPORT REQUEST. ease contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.

Status of your application

Explanation

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN

(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Date modified:2013-07-11
Footer
Terms and conditions Transparency
About us
News
Contact us
Stay connected
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME N IS THERE ANYBODY WITH THE SAME INFO THANKS IN ADVANCE.

farida58

Dec 5, 2013
Hi Guys,

I recently applied for my PR through Nairobi office back in June 19, 2013. My husband was approved as a sponsor on July 10,2013. And they sent my application to Nairobi & it was received on July 15, 2013. Now i always check my eCAS but there's no activity except it says Application Received..and when i click on that tab. It says 1.my application was received and just recently about two weeks ago.. i noticed a new entry 2. Medicals received. This was around Nov 24, 2013.I've been following your posts on this blog filing everything as you say and i assumed maybe the next step is they will ask for an interview or PP..well i received a letter dated for Nov 11, 2013 asking for additional info 1.proof of communication(pics, emails, telephones, letters) & 2. police cert from Kenya.

I am confused because i've lived in canada for 4 yrs and i met my husband in canada. we have dated for 2 yrs, been married for a year and half now. And we sent them a cover letter explaining details of how we met & where we met. I just recently moved back to Nairobi in January 2013. We submitted a police certificate from Canada and pics of our weddings and a few pics of us. and now they're asking for proof of communication- i don't really keep logs of calls or texts but i have pictures of us. I thought that since we had dated for 2 yrs in canada and lived together for about a yr that would be sufficient proof.

Please advise me on what i should do...I can produce the police cert from Kenya..but they also said to send all those docs within 90days or they will close my case. I am worried its xmas holidays in Kenya..and the embassy does close for holidays for about 2 or 3 weeks..by the time i submit everything..when they receive it, do you think they will start working on my application immediately? my medicals expire on Dec 20,2013. from your posts here, they process everyones case before medicals expire.

please advise me on what i should do..how long do you think it will take for them to process it? will they ask me to do another medical exam? i am soo confused about this whole process...we already sent them pics of us..and a police cert and now 6 months later they're asking for another police cert when i already submitted everything in the begining.
what should i do guys..i am soo stressed about this

soon2b

Oct 15, 2013
farida58,

just try your best to send them what they request.
1) if you exchange emails, or make direct phone calls. send them samples. Calls from Nairobi would be recorded on your spouse monthly phone bill statements in Canada and those could provide evidence of communication.
2) as you said, get them police certificate from Kenya as well.

From what i gather from this forum, they are on the last stage of your application and a final decision will follow soon. i doubt they will make you redo medicals, if anything, they are trying to finalize your application prior to your medical expiry. They can extend your medical validity if necessary.

Dimshin

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April/28/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/05/2013
AOR Received.
May/17/2013
File Transfer...
May/28/2013
Med's Done....
February/11/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov/19/2013
VISA ISSUED...
December/02/13
LANDED..........
December/25/13...Insh A Allah.
Hello Nairobi folks,
I'm very happy to tell you that our E-cas changed today to DM, and also Nairobi CHC sent my wife's passport today to Ethiopian as per courier company's tracking number:
here is our timeline once again.

Medicals done on Febr/12/13
App sent to Mississauga on April/28/13
OR received on May/17/13
Sponsorship approved and transferred to Nairobi on May/28/133
Additional documents requested (proof of communication and financial assistance for my wife) on Aug/05/13; even though those documents were already at the High commission. I sent those documents to Nairobi after the app was transferred to Nairobi in June. Sent them again on early September and told them I sent these docs already giving them the tracking # of the package. They emailed me in mid October telling me they found those docs.
App went to IN PROCESS on November/19/13 and they asked for the passport on the same day.
App went to DM on December/06/14

After they got those doc's they seemed to be very fast and I hope every one of you going through this waiting game will hear from them soon.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hey Dimshin

Congrats, we are so happy for you that you are finally done.

About passport, did you send them the DHL prepaid envelope or are they going to deliver it to the Addis Ababa embassy?