+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

naija folks

folasade

Sep 9, 2005
Nigeria
hi badmus, aysomtin and other naija folks?
Have anyone actually gotten thru with this stuff?
I heard some are doing HSMP... i'm tryin to do that but i'm a lil lost. How long does that one take? is it this stressful?
i'm at folasadefemibanjo@yahoo.com

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
HSMP

Folashade,

the HSMP thing is equally stressful but does not take as long as Canada stuff, for more info you can visit www.workingintheuk.gov.uk,
it is more involving as you will have to send your original certificates, not notorized copy as you have in Canada processing.
Folashade, I put in for it but I dont think I would want to go again, anyway it's personal.

Plenty igbadun.

mile2

Jul 13, 2005
Happy New year to all Naijas in the house.
Folasade it works.!It is however "turn by turn".Right now 2001 applicants are collecting their visas.

My friend who works with May n Baker has received his and is taking off in May.

Badmus we go wash ur new status o!

We will get there.

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Mile2,

I am also in Naija, applied in 2001, did medicals Dec 4 2005, submitted additional documents and paid RPRF last month.

Can you share the timeline of your friend in May & Baker.

Any other naija folks got it recently?

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Hi Fellow Naijas,
I am also a 2001 applicant and got letter last month for medicals, police certificates and proof of fund.

I also know of friends here who were asked to submit police certificates and proof of fund.

All the very best to everyone

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Folashade/Mile2/Busdare?etc,

though the waiting time is frustrating, but like mile 2 said were are getting there, I wish I had applied 2001 when I first learnt about it, maybe I would have been there by now or in busdare stage.

My friends, we would there!!!!!

Folashade how far did you check the website? is it of any help.....

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Guys,

It's so good to have you in this forum, I'm also in Lagos, applied April 2005 and thus still have a long way to go...

I also applied for HSMP that April and got an approval letter in August 2005, just that I still feel Canada will be a better place than U.K

let us keep in touch.

chevchenckho@yahoo.com

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
folasade, there is no offence in trying the hsmp. Got mine within a year, settling down gradually to life in UK, though am still following up on my private business and currently in USA for business opportunities.

HSMP is faster

Naija guys - Badmus, mile12, does Ghana conduct oral interview at the point of taking decision or would they just require that u mail ur internationa passport to them for the visa to be sticked on it?

This questn is crucial to some decision making, please

mile2

Jul 13, 2005
Hi,Ayosomtin,
My friend did not attend any interview.He paid his visa fee,showed proof of funds but went physically to Ghana to get his passport stamped with the Visa[Same day]

Hope this answers your question. Others who have had different experience should let us know please.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Guys,

Nice to hear from all the naija folks here.
We are all in the same shoes waiting for the 'inivitation' to Ghana.
I applied in March 2004 and got my AOR in May 2004 and as at the time I got my AOR I was told that the whole process would take an average of 24 months but when it was time to add my new born baby to the list I was told again that 'we are currently processing applications since 2001'...........like somebody said 'How I wish I had applied since then...........' well I think the wait is worth it as long as staying at home in naija is itself not worth it just that one is doing this for the kids.

Perhaps with stories one hears now maybe the baklog will be cleared very soon I think the Canadian govt is determined to do that.

Another point I noticed is that almost 'every 2001 nigerian applicant' I know going to Ghana for passport stamping is actually getting an interview waiver, does anyone know the trick or just God's favour..........?

Let us keep in touch please and also share experiences as well

Thanks guys

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Fellow Naijas,
I don't think Ghana accepts posting of International passport for Visa Stamping. A friend of mine who got his own had to go there physically to get the passport stamped.

I guess Interview waiver is gotten if there is no problem with all your documentations and God's favour cannot also be ruled out.

Let us pray that Harper will keep to his election promises and make the process faster so that people like yemkik, folasade, Badmus and co will not have to wait for so long as we are doing now.

tee2canada, I guess you are warming up to travel soon, a friend that sent his medicals got PPR after three months of doing his medicals.

let us keep in touch.

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Busdare,

I do hope they will make their decision soon. As it is, I want to go as soon as possible. Although, more importantly I want this wait to be over.

It seems the Accra people do not reply to emails again.

Your friend that got his PPR, when did he do his medical?

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
Hi tee2canada,
He did is Medicals August 2005 and and got PPR November 2005. Did you call the Doctor to confirm the result had been sent? I don't think it is bad to do that. It is just to keep track of things.

If you ask for the status of your application within 90 days of a previous enquiry, they may not reply you. Just relax your mind and hope to read from them soon.

Where do you intend to stay in Canada?

Busdare

tee2Canada

Dec 5, 2005
Hi Busdare,

I know that the medicals have reached France cos I tracked the fedex number.

Thanks for the information, I will just relax and let them get back to me when they are ready.

Trust

Oct 31, 2005
Nigeria
Hi to all Awa egbe Naija,

Nice to hear that all (or most) 2001 Naija applicants are getting interview waiver! By the way, how did Accra inform them to go for medicals - email, mail or telephone? I would like to know.

Yes, as someone said, I hope (in fact pray) that Harper will keep to his election promise of speeding this process up. That means those of us who applied in 2004 will go soon too!

YOu know, (I am very serious) we can actually add constant prayer to our waiting. I am doing so, and I am looking forward to testifying on this forum. Prayer moves the HAND that moves the world.

Cia