+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

naija folks

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Those of us who are awaiting a call to Ghana for interview or visa stamping are in for a long wait, instead of the processing time reducing it is actually increasing.

Initially for Accra:
it was 53 months (approximately 4.5 years) a couple of months ago but now
it is 61 months which is approximately 5 years maybe by the next couple of months it would be 70 months (almost 6 years)!

source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html

I thought Mr Happer did promise a reduction in processing time, didn't he?

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
Hi, Fellow Naija,

The processing of my PR started in Nov. 2001 at CHC, Accra, Ghana. In Oct. 2005, a letter was sent to me that I have been selected for accelerated processing of my case and that I should write IELTS which I did with a band score of 7.

After a whole year of no response from Ghana, I decided to e-mail them. A reply from them is that my application is in queue for interview which will come up soon. I have requested for my CAIPSNOTE from CIC to enable me know what exactly is the reason for the interview.
I am yet to go for medicals. It is being delayed as a result of the Interview yet to be conducted.

busdare

Jul 15, 2005
I believe in what Cia said and will advise everyone to support your applications in Ghana with prayers. I did that and I can say it works. I am now in Canada for the past six months.

Guys, pls be prepared before coming. People in the IT industry should try as much as possible to do the latest certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle etc). Programming is selling very well too. There are many jobs here too for people in Folashade's field.

Banky

Aug 28, 2006
I had a successful interview at the CHC,Accra, Ghana last wednesday (Nov. 15, 2006). The officer congratulated me for the success of the application process. I was also given the letter to procreed for the Medicals. The interviewer only asked a few questions and the originals of my credentials. I have quickly scheduled for the medicals for nrxt monday.

Whoever is attending an interview should please review all information already submitted to the high commission and be welldressed, friendly and positive. Good luck to you all. See you in Canada.

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Bros Congrats. I wish u the best of luck in the remaining process. I submitted in October 2004, and still waiting. How does it feel like to pass the first hurdle? What we need is just prayers to scale through.

chevchenko

Jun 3, 2005
Nigeria
Enviable banky,

Congratulations, wishing you all the best in canada. don't forget to share your landing experience, job market situation and any other relevant conditions observed that may be peculiar to your Naija folks.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Banky,

Congrats man and wishing you all the luck you can get in the world!
What can I say? A new life in a new and different world.
Please don't stop contibuting to this site, be like busdare and share with us life in the new world, job situations, 'fertile fields' etc. You are helping those of us on the way, all I know is that no matter how long the process takes we'll surely get there someday!