Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Just seeing all these posts.

kulikuli said:
Hi Jada,

Was just wondering. For your case and these other people, are you saying their e-cas status changed to "In Process" without AOR or they are still on the "App Received" stage?

Thanks, Kuli
When initial application is sent to Sydney Nova Scotia, AOR is received via email with a file number which when checked on ecas shows "application received at sydney etc", then when full documents are sent to Accra visa office, the status should change to 'Received by visa office". That is what I took as my AOR as I did not receive any physical AOR. My status is yet to change to "in process".

bennyameh said:
All visa office including Accra issue AOR after receipt of full docs.You will need the file no issued to you in the letter to track your application.Kindly check your e-mail and delivery address.Happy xmas.
I checked and did not receive AOR from Accra, in fact the only way I became aware of my new file number was when a request for information was sent to me. If Accra is issuing then somehow people are not receiving it because I received the hard copy of their request.

tito said:
Ha! Thread derailed? :eek: :eek:

Can't update anymore.. 8) :) :)
Sorry. :'( Please continue to update.

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided
Jada said:
Just seeing all these posts.
When initial application is sent to Sydney Nova Scotia, AOR is received via email with a file number which when checked on ecas shows "application received at sydney etc", then when full documents are sent to Accra visa office, the status should change to 'Received by visa office". That is what I took as my AOR as I did not receive any physical AOR. My status is yet to change to "in process".
I checked and did not receive AOR from Accra, in fact the only way I became aware of my new file number was when a request for information was sent to me. If Accra is issuing then somehow people are not receiving it because I received the hard copy of their request.
Sorry. :'( Please continue to update.

Jada, Thank you. I believe we are on the same page now.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
My people, happy New Year!

Wow! Events of the past days have been depressive but still give thanks to God for His grace. Great idea we seized the opportunity when we did.

The snow is here big time! No be small thing, am not finding it funny at all. Anyhow, won ti gbalejo. Na me and them forever and ever, in snow and in rains, spring and fall...
My favorite car rental is closed, not sure why but must be the weather/snow. Will have to try another one. The drivetest strike is over since August 2009! Wahala full this life, now I have to do driving test in winter. God must contend with those contending with me!

Have appointment with my bank tomorrow; I no dey borrow pass wetin I fit pay, make dem no put me for wahala. House search still ongoing, the down payment is resolved but evaluating if the bubble will bust soon so I don't go carry avoidable luggage. These houses are so freaking expensive, man go move go Nunavit area! Will see what happens.

Still having fun, plotting the next big thing. I can't work for no man here, they can't even afford my charges at all.

Aluta continua, Victoria acerta.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Hi tito,

Happy new year to you. Pele for the snow, you signed for it. I'm sure your skin will soon adapt. My advise, eat plenty of garlic. I hear they get frost bites - may that not be your portion. Anyway, how is the bank able to give you credit with a history. are you borrowing for down payment as well or can you even do that?

All the best.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
mot said:
Hi tito,

Happy new year to you. Pele for the snow, you signed for it. I'm sure your skin will soon adapt. My advise, eat plenty of garlic. I hear they get frost bites - may that not be your portion. Anyway, how is the bank able to give you credit with a history. are you borrowing for down payment as well or can you even do that?

All the best.

Happy new year, we hope to be there too in due cause

tito

Feb 10, 2007
mot said:
Hi tito,

All the best.
my brother,
Thanks. Can naija man get frost bite? Am kind of loving the snow, makes people drive more carefully. This your garlic theory is amazing, what does garlic do aside helping to boost immunity?
Am declaring income for the bank to give me the mortgage for a house. This not dependent on credit history. The down payment is my personal money, not borrowed. In simple language, it is almost difficult to borrow that; you also don't want too much debt load.

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Hello my Nija people, happy new yr. hope dis yr will bring lots of joy to us.

Congrats Tito. hope u find d best u hope for.

My nija people, im moving on with my life and hoping dat by his Grace I will get there wen the Lord says ok.

Im still with u my Nija people. Just want to tell u guys to be patient and hope on the Lord, He will definately do it.

All the best.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
fathertee said:
Hello my Nija people, happy new yr. hope dis yr will bring lots of joy to us.

Congrats Tito. hope u find d best u hope for.

My nija people, im moving on with my life and hoping dat by his Grace I will get there wen the Lord says ok.

Im still with u my Nija people. Just want to tell u guys to be patient and hope on the Lord, He will definately do it.

All the best.
Fathertee,

What is your timeline, it's like you been on it before me. Weldone.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Ok, finally got my G license via miracle! God work pass pastor own. The drivetest folks resumed work on Jan 4th and commenced road test at 1pm, just 1hr 15mins after my scheduled time. So my test got canceled! I narrowly got a slot at an out of town center last Thursday (most centers are booked till March), used the opportunity to do the test despite being discouraged by folks not to go to that center. The rest is history!
Why all the gists about ordinary driver's license? Well, it's not an ordinary thing, driver's license is a big deal here; used as solid ID and you can't get auto insurance and a vehicle plate number for your vehicle (G1 license is pretty easy to get but can only fetch you auto insurance with monthly premium of between $450 - $500).

My vocabulary is increasing too! Have acquired new words such as fixed, variable, closed, prime, accelerated payment, etc. I am learning the pros and cons of resale vs new homes.

Aluta Continua!

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Tito,

Glad to know you're making progress. May God continue to be the wind beneath your sail. Cheers.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Hi Tito, SOJ and other naijas in Canada already,

I am a 2004 applicant under the Canadian permanent residency visa. I had almost forgotten about it until I received a mail late last month that I should update my documents, send in my back account details in a 12-month period and do police clearance/certificate and my spouse's school transcripts.

Dear Veterans, please what is the implications of this? has it reached my turn? What is the time frame for finally getting a visa. I did the IELTS test in 2004 as well.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to provide all the documents required to enable them continue with your case.It is you turn but all depends on you.
You will have to re-take the IELTS because the 2004 result is no longer valid.
PCC as you know is valid for only 3months,that is why there asking for a new one.
Bank statement is to confirm your liquidity.
Good luck
Benny

tito

Feb 10, 2007
yemkik said:
Hi Tito, SOJ and other naijas in Canada already,

I am a 2004 applicant under the Canadian permanent residency visa. I had almost forgotten about it until I received a mail late last month that I should update my documents, send in my back account details in a 12-month period and do police clearance/certificate and my spouse's school transcripts.

Dear Veterans, please what is the implications of this? has it reached my turn? What is the time frame for finally getting a visa. I did the IELTS test in 2004 as well.
Hi yemkik,
Its been a while but glad to know you are well. Joining you in praying for quick conclusion, pls quickly send the docs as requested so they can finish it up for you one time. It has indeed reach your turn! The time frame to get the visa cannot be predicted but is dependent on how fast you can send in those docs. Hope you submitted the IELTS result in 2004 otherwise it is no longer useful.

All the best chief.

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
SOJ and Tito,

Thanks for the valuable advise, very well appreciated. By God's grace we will be joining you guys very soon. Calgary is my destination by virtue of my profession but the cold and 'snowy' story one hears about Calgary is very scary, anyway wetin man go do? Anything to get out of here is worth it if nothing but for the sake of the kids.

About the IELTS my attorney, David Cohen have not told me I need to re-take the test so I assume all is well in that area.

Please guys keep this forum alive by sharing your stories and experiences, the waiting years has made one to lose interest both in the forum and the whole immigration thing but this has been revived by this sudden development.

Cheers

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
yemkik said:
SOJ and Tito,

Thanks for the valuable advise, very well appreciated. By God's grace we will be joining you guys very soon. Calgary is my destination by virtue of my profession but the cold and 'snowy' story one hears about Calgary is very scary, anyway wetin man go do? Anything to get out of here is worth it if nothing but for the sake of the kids.

About the IELTS my attorney, David Cohen have not told me I need to re-take the test so I assume all is well in that area.

Please guys keep this forum alive by sharing your stories and experiences, the waiting years has made one to lose interest both in the forum and the whole immigration thing but this has been revived by this sudden development.

Cheers
Yemkik, Congrats it your time really, we are seriously praying here for your successful conclusion..