Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
tito said:
Hey Jada,
The policy here is to ensure kids start school at the age already determined to support proper learning, the kids starts junior KG at 4 and KG at 5 then move to Grade 1 at 6 years of age. The junior KG and KG classes are only 2.5 classes per week (the child goes to school on Mondays, Wednesdays and alternating Fridays), I think Ontario is planning to make this a daily affair. Kids below 4 goes to daycare at the expense of the parents.
That sounds so strange but we shall do as the Canadians do. I really love the idea about getting a place with mortgage.I'm looking forward to your reply on mot's latest query.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
mot said:
Tto,Thanks for your response. With regard to your advise to buy on landing, is it possible considering the fact that you dont have a job and therefore, no documents, credit history etc to show the bank. Is there a way round this? I really would like to take that route when we get there. Secondly, is there a website that can tell you the more secured areas, to aid your decision on location? Thirdly Tito, which province has the least cold weather. Thanks for your response.
mot,
It is possible, they want your money! I mentioned secondary lender in one of my stories up there, you use them if the big boys (TD, BMO, RBC, etc) wont attend to you. Seriously, you should look at the map and start contacting brokers (though they would want you around to show you properties). Your letter of employment, pay stubs, letter from your bank in naija can be used.

You have to 1st decide on the province, I used to think it is ok to stay near people I know but not anymore. Come prepared with international driver's licence and GPS to drive around any new community. Google up the map of the province you like and look at the different cities, tons of info are available on the web about review of most cities. Consider basic factors such as job (if you will be looking for one), kids school (although there is a school in almost every neighborhood) in choosing a location.

The least cold weather in Canada???? You made me laugh in pidgin. Ok, try British Columbia. It is also cold but with less snow and more rain and you have to battle with crazy property prices except if you move to certain suburbs. BC is a solid tourist haven..I don't really like cold but there are jackets, heaters, cars, etc. We survive naija, we go survive here too.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Thank tito.

What's GPS. Can a broker not get you a deal from one of the big boys? I dont like the idea of secondary lenders - cos they'll be far expensive. And I'd like to also ask you this question? Where else would you have lived apart from Toronto, especially if you are not looking to apply for job. I hope this is not personal.

2 have you found a job yet? Lastly Tito, which province is the Birmingham of UK - catch my drift?

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Tito,
We shall always be grateful to u here. U are more than lecturer.
Can u please respond to the mot on his question, its related to what i had wanted to ask u. We hope for the best too. Thanks.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
mot said:
Thank tito.

What's GPS. Can a broker not get you a deal from one of the big boys? I dont like the idea of secondary lenders - cos they'll be far expensive. And I'd like to also ask you this question? Where else would you have lived apart from Toronto, especially if you are not looking to apply for job. I hope this is not personal.

2 have you found a job yet? Lastly Tito, which province is the Birmingham of UK - catch my drift?
(1) GPS is global positioning system used to navigate your way from one point to the other, it is a small device made by many companies (Garmin is very popular) and I think it's in naija now. The brokers can't help you, you actually should get pre-approved before looking for a house. The folks here are still pretty conservative which is good otherwise Canada would have gone the way of the US. Imagine home sale increasing despite about Cad$400,000 average price!! The secondary lenders will initially cost more but that will be in the beginning as they are also taking risk lending you money without being sure of your creditworthiness.
I like living cheap, so I would have picked places like Saskatchewan, Halifax or some other places but there are too many factors to consider. Those places have their downsides, integration may not be as easy as in Toronto (Toronto is like Lagos), imagine a southerner in naija moving to one remote place in Damaturu? Again, it makes sense to buy property where you can get good appreciation and can also sell off easily. Snow in some other provinces are worse than in Ontario except for BC.

(2) My job search is hung, no longer looking for one. This one na long story but I am using naija back up for support, I have a business in naija so I am in and out every now and then.
Its hard to tell which one is Birmingham of UK here but everywhere is so beautiful you may have challenges choosing except if you are locked down by job search. Winter is about the major concern for many people but I will choose snow over blackout, armed robbery, potholes, dead hospitals and general uncertainty of life in naija. Don't get me wrong oh, I am naija to the bone and love that country with all of me.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
I am putting up this link, it's a brilliant post and I hope people will learn a lesson or two.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-how-you-succeed-in-canada-t29170.0.html

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello Tito,
I have read through the link and it was great indeed. I thought of all the points in it, cos if one make a mistake in life, i was told no return match for the mistake u made. I have the reasons that one need to go solo and should try learn one or two things here before leaving, and on landing go straight for the certification. Like i always say here,having u (Tito) here online ,there's no problem. One need to think more than twice oooo, so that one should not have course, causing his date of birth. To get this mortgage for the accommodation would be the best, can u be on the look out for the easiest approach to this please? cos Naija is not suitable for this generation- i think!

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Basindoo,
How far? Abi a dey lie? Se this Naija dey okay for this generation ni? Man must survive o ---

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hello,
Quite an age for the fellow Naija. Whatz up all.
I guess all the senior are busy to put us tru, or wetin?
Liketo read from Tito and others.
Thanks

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys. Can anyone advice me about the timeline for AOR from Accra once full application is submitted? I mean recent average for 2009 applicants? Cheers.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abbytula,

Just go through this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Also ensure that you have perform significantly a lot of the functions of a project manager in construction.

Regards,

Barsindoo