+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Naija - Aluta Continua!

megastu12

Jul 23, 2007
Thank you oceana,

I had indeed retained the services of david cohen and co, who have been my advisors on this application. I spoke with them last night, and i understand that, my more than one year permit was not issued once, it was in stages, and because the rules says One, uninterruptable year permit, then they were right to send it to accra.

Then again, like you rightly said, i believe that for intergrity issues, the file would have still been sent to accra anyway, as all my documents indicate that i have lived almost all my entire life in naija. So, i even had a feeling that it would have still been sent to accra office.

My only dissapointment is that i knew about this program since 2003, and i was not interested because of the loooong timelines. However, when i was studying in Holland, i saw it as an opportunity to file my application and get over with it in 3 years.

I appreciate comments.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Hi All,

Apologies for MIA, have been traveling and couldn't check back here earlier than now.

Will attempt to answer all of the questions raised; hopefully somebody can find something useful here.

tito

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Neyo said:
Nice one Tito, your story line is excited and funny, I can't wait to move on as well.
Also a naija, married with 3 kids but live in Finland.

Victoria ascerta!!!!

Which province are you?

All the best
Neyo,

Am in Ontario.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
don_c said:
Thanks for this. What issues are you having with jobs? As in when you apply what do they say? Are you in I.T? I am in the Uk and hope to be landing in October with a wife and three kids.What will you do about the Canadian experience?I have some former colleagues there who said they got jobs within one month of coming.Need to know in advance.
don_c,
I personally don't have issues yet but some of my friends have been attending interviews and hearing comments on Canadian experience. Am not in IT, my field is natural science. Yes, some folks do get jobs in record time but it depends on the field. Trust me that nurses have jobs waiting and can start working almost immediately.
I shouldn't generalize on the Canadian experience, am sure you will find something if you are good and can show it.

All the best.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
mot said:
Hi Tito,

so ggod to hear from you. Been wondering what's up with you guys. Congratulations on yr final landing. May God make it a land of honey and milk for you guys and may He speed things up for you. We're still on the queue, hopefully before the end of this century, by His Grace, we will join you. Where exactly are you located? why didn't you buy a house instead or is it that its not possible? What were you able to take with you? Furniture, pots, T.V etc and how? Warm rgds
mot..
Yes. its been a while but we are keeping the faith. Thanks for your prayers, your PR visas will come sooner than you expect.
Am in Ontario, living in the city above Toronto! I rented a place to have the flexibility of looking around, understanding Ontario before deciding on where to settle. Buying a house will lock me down to a location without the benefits of proper assessment. Also, renting provides the opportunity to understand the art and science of house purchase, believe me, it's not like in naija.
I took almost everything except furniture, tv and vehicle. We had 8 boxes allowed by the airline; that's a lot!

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
Tito,are u in toronto.i heard that alberta gives free health from day one unlike ontario.My wife wld probably deliver our second baby when we come early next yr.
soj,
It's been a while but trust that you are doing well with your family. Yes, am in Ontario but not living in Toronto. Decided against Alberta because it's further West, will cost more from naija and generally colder than ON. The free health care from day 1 couldn't buy me over, I waited 3 months in ON and have been registered for the OHIP. Thank God that Canada has excellent public health system; my kids didn't even have the simplest of ailment for the 3 months we waited.
Your case is different though, you must have the health coverage from day 1 if your wife is pregnant. You may pay through your nose if you don't have coverage; you can check with the private health insurance providers if pregnancy is covered in their policy. The premium is affordable. Otherwise proceed to Alberta.

All the best..

tito

Feb 10, 2007
canadaforsure said:
that is really encouraging but then what happens to those of us who filed since oct 2006? it seems they have forgotten us or they dont want us anymore. the recent applicants are just being answered within a flash that i feel they dont need us anymore
canadaforsure,
Hey man! You gotta live up to your name..you will be in before you even know it.

All the best.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Odeks said:
Hello Tito,
Its great to read all these. If i may ask u, whenever one get across to Canada,one can as well come back to Naija to arrange things for a period of time --- like u stated! Also what and what is ideal to get across to Canada cos u are SENIOR! lol! The minimum rent in BC is what? Though na suburb me wan go ooo.(Butter no be food for monkey), na interior i wan go to hustle.
Thanks.
Odeks,
Sure, you can come back to naija to arrange things...I mentioned in an earlier response that we took everything except furniture, tv and vehicles. Not sure of the minimum rent in BC, I live in ON. Forget about the plan for the suburb except if you and your wife wont be working, there are few to zero opportunities in the suburbs of most cities. It's a slow life in the suburb, nobody hustles there!

All the best.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Hi megastu12,

You almost derail my thread! Ok, I will think of what to fine you..how about longer processing time for a start? Don't try me oh, am a prophet.

Seriously, just move on with your life and let them transfer your file as they like. They must answer you and give you what you applied for! Applying for the PR visa is the simplest of the entire plan, actual relocation is more challenging and expensive. Focus on the long term and your smile will be deep when the visa is finally granted.

All the best..

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tito,

Encouraging comments. My spirit was lifted up. As per jobs the Lord shall remember you speedily.

Regards,

Barsindoo

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello Guys,
Can you guys please offer your piece of advise.I am from 9ja also but based in Jamo now since the past one year plus.I am married to a Jamo wife and we both intend moving to canada permanently.We have not submitted our application yet but intend doing so soon.I was waiting for the schools to resume in Nigeria which i heard hopeful that that might be next week.I studied accounting from Yaba Tech and Economics from Lasu while my wife is a Licensed Pharmacist from Jamo.Unfortunately she cannot be the principal applicant for now but i can be since i have even worked two years before leaving 9ja in the accountant's capacity.I just have a few questions i guess for now.Considering the ease of laying hands on necessary documents from 9ja and looking at the 9ja factor issue i want to know who to address our documents to at the respective embassies,like i will have to use Jamaica but i believe it will be addressed to same persons there ie documents like transcript,PCC,letters from Employer etc.
Also,i want to know if the money that we need must have been in our account for a long time or they just want to see the money there cos we intend borrowing the money and you know the lender will only give the money when its close to us sending all necessary documents.
Do i have to get letters from all my former employers or can i just use the last one that i am still in touch with cos i can't reach the others at all.
Also,i used to collect my salary in cash hence never really had a bank account or salary account so i hope they will not request for an account to show the movement of my salary then.
At the moment am not yet working but studying for my ACCA exams,am i still safe?
Do i need to send my wife's passport data page when am sending mine too at the first instance?

I guess these are the few questions i have for now till more questions comes up should the need arise.

Thanks all.

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello Guys,
I am a Nigerian also but reside in Jamaica and would like to apply for PR in Canada soon.I have some few questions to ask.

1)Is there anybody here that is either handling the application process personal or the usage of a Lawyer or a consultant and if so,would you say which is better?
2)I want to know if you consider it wise for me to start applying for school transcript now from 9ja and also police clearance certificate considering the epileptic flow of the 9ja system,and if so where or who should the documents be addressed,though i know in my case i will end up using Kingston Canadian Embassy but which officer do they normally address the documents to?
3)Is the six to twelve month new process policy still effective now?
4)The fund i need in my account,i intend borrowing and this will be given to me at the very point that i need to print the bank document.Is the money suppose to have been in my account for a longer time or does it really matter if it just shows that the money was just lodged into the account?

These are the few questions i think i have for now.

Thank you all.

megastu12

Jul 23, 2007
Dear Tito,

Sorry about the thread delay. I have relaxed and let them transfer as they like, after all i am still enjoying life in naija and travelling the world on vacations.

Patience is the key in this PR battle.

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
aner777 said:
Hello Guys,
I am a Nigerian also but reside in Jamaica and would like to apply for PR in Canada soon.I have some few questions to ask.

1)Is there anybody here that is either handling the application process personal or the usage of a Lawyer or a consultant and if so,would you say which is better?
2)I want to know if you consider it wise for me to start applying for school transcript now from 9ja and also police clearance certificate considering the epileptic flow of the 9ja system,and if so where or who should the documents be addressed,though i know in my case i will end up using Kingston Canadian Embassy but which officer do they normally address the documents to?
3)Is the six to twelve month new process policy still effective now?
4)The fund i need in my account,i intend borrowing and this will be given to me at the very point that i need to print the bank document.Is the money suppose to have been in my account for a longer time or does it really matter if it just shows that the money was just lodged into the account?

These are the few questions i think i have for now.

Thank you all.

I suggest you start your case on a new thread so that you can get a quick and good advice.

All the best!