Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Hello My 9ijas

I have a very interesting question, I applied in July 2007 awaiting them to call for update of records whenever they are ready at accra but we just had a baby in USA.

The baby got his US pali and BC, As i heard Americans do not need visa to enter Canada. Do I need to include my baby when they ask for the update in future??

I was thinking that, since the baby do not need visa to go to Canada, I may not need to include him/her.

Please egbons, kindly advise.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
yemkik said:
SOJ and Tito,

Thanks for the valuable advise, very well appreciated. By God's grace we will be joining you guys very soon. Calgary is my destination by virtue of my profession but the cold and 'snowy' story one hears about Calgary is very scary, anyway wetin man go do? Anything to get out of here is worth it if nothing but for the sake of the kids.

About the IELTS my attorney, David Cohen have not told me I need to re-take the test so I assume all is well in that area.

Please guys keep this forum alive by sharing your stories and experiences, the waiting years has made one to lose interest both in the forum and the whole immigration thing but this has been revived by this sudden development.

Cheers
Forget the cold and snow, just get down here quick! You know how we react and adapt to heat in naija? Its the same here, you will adapt fine; with heaters at home, in the car and every offices you go into.
Btw, whats your profession? I have a reason for asking, I am supposed to be in Calgary but changed my mind. We may be able to share ideas that can help you later, you can pm me.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Right said:
Hello My 9ijas

I have a very interesting question, I applied in July 2007 awaiting them to call for update of records whenever they are ready at accra but we just had a baby in USA.

The baby got his US pali and BC, As i heard Americans do not need visa to enter Canada. Do I need to include my baby when they ask for the update in future??

I was thinking that, since the baby do not need visa to go to Canada, I may not need to include him/her.

Please egbons, kindly advise.
I think you should add the baby ASAP; Americans do not need visa to enter Canada but they cannot enter and stay/live here endlessly! At the minimum, your baby must have the PR status for long term stay if you don't want to run foul of the law.
Not sure what the current situation is but it used to be that the baby must be added ASAP so you are not suspected of playing games.

All the best!

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
tito said:
I think you should add the baby ASAP; Americans do not need visa to enter Canada but they cannot enter and stay/live here endlessly! At the minimum, your baby must have the PR status for long term stay if you don't want to run foul of the law.
Not sure what the current situation is but it used to be that the baby must be added ASAP so you are not suspected of playing games.

All the best!
Tito is correct, you need to add the baby ASAP to make you history complete even if the baby wont be needing the PR for anything.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Ok, the license, auto insurance and vehicle plating are sorted out. Next on the agenda is filing for tax..have had discussions with people on how to proceed..considering whether to declare all my world income or not because Canadian system is so different and I must do something that is sustainable...ok wont discuss this further.
But I need the notice of assessment for mortgage application...I can't afford paying cash for a CAD$600,000 house, am not a politician in naija! The catch is the mortgage is calculated based on the gross income shown on the NOA. If you declare like CAD$50,000 gross income, you can only get a mortgage of about CAD$200,000. This is not enough to buy a townhouse in my area!
Anyway, will work with the tax people here to sort it out.

Hoping to take a drive around tomorrow, need to check out locations good for a naija bro to live.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
tito said:
Ok, the license, auto insurance and vehicle plating are sorted out. Next on the agenda is filing for tax..have had discussions with people on how to proceed..considering whether to declare all my world income or not because Canadian system is so different and I must do something that is sustainable...ok wont discuss this further.
But I need the notice of assessment for mortgage application...I can't afford paying cash for a CAD$600,000 house, am not a politician in naija! The catch is the mortgage is calculated based on the gross income shown on the NOA. If you declare like CAD$50,000 gross income, you can only get a mortgage of about CAD$200,000. This is not enough to buy a townhouse in my area!
Anyway, will work with the tax people here to sort it out.

Hoping to take a drive around tomorrow, need to check out locations good for a naija bro to live.
Good update, you are making us fell being in Canada already, thanks for the details, Wishing you great success in all your endevour

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Dear Tito, Badmus & Co

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I appreciate.

Do I need to write them now or wait till when they ask me for update????

Your prompt reply again will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi, Barsindo
Well, I guess the movement in Accra is a bit slow, They just requested for our pali after about 2 months of doing my baby's medicals. I hope things will move faster this year
Cheers

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sir K. I sincerely hope so.

Congratulations and good luck on the last leg.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Sir K,

What was your time lag? I heard they are speeding up the rate of processing now as if they have just swallowed a catalyst!

Well we hope soooo my bros and sis or what do u think???????

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Tito,

Thanks for sharing yor experience and timeline in canada.

Ig

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Right said:
Sir K,

What was your time lag? I heard they are speeding up the rate of processing now as if they have just swallowed a catalyst!

Well we hope soooo my bros and sis or what do u think???????
I think they are usually fast at the beginning of the year when they are starting to give out the quotas for the year but start slowing down when the quota is exhausted.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
Sir K said:
Hi, Barsindo
Well, I guess the movement in Accra is a bit slow, They just requested for our pali after about 2 months of doing my baby's medicals. I hope things will move faster this year
Cheers
When/where should we meet for drink?

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..