+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC link application issue

missancheta

Oct 13, 2017
if my PR is already linked - I dont have to link my OWP? I've received the physical document but don't see anything in my online account about it?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I tried to link and make almost all combination but still no luck.

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
Help me. I am in this situation. Just received an email from cic :

Just for the information. I became PR this year January. I send my spousal application to Sydney but this email is from Mississauga (system generated anyways). I am the sponsor & representative for the application. I tried to link the application online today without success. I tried to link it to my account (sponsor). Please share any information you have about linking application online. I am a bit confused with the reply of waking.

Thank you in advance

UCI: ******** same uci number of sponsor
Application No.: F**********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ********* sponsor name

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/09/28 on behalf of the following member(s):

Principal applicant Name

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Help me. I am in this situation. Just received an email from cic :

Just for the information. I became PR this year January. I send my spousal application to Sydney but this email is from Mississauga (system generated anyways). I am the sponsor & representative for the application. I tried to link the application online today without success. I tried to link it to my account (sponsor). Please share any information you have about linking application online. I am a bit confused with the reply of waking.

Thank you in advance

UCI: ******** same uci number of sponsor
Application No.: F**********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

Dear ********* sponsor name

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/09/28 on behalf of the following member(s):

Principal applicant Name

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
I use gckey

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi guys. After reading all the messages, it's not clear for me yet. Who can link an application - a sponsor or PA? Or both? And then if there is any communication from CIC, say Sponsor Approval letter or something, to what account that letter would go (if say both sponsor and PA linked an application to their accounts)?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
You
Hi guys. After reading all the messages, it's not clear for me yet. Who can link an application - a sponsor or PA? Or both? And then if there is any communication from CIC, say Sponsor Approval letter or something, to what account that letter would go (if say both sponsor and PA linked an application to their accounts)?
You can only link the application 1 one account, but you can both access it. You just need to give your partner the username and password. Either b one of you can create the account and link it. The information it ask for, is The PA

Reactions: alaria

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you shalenabennie. I was just confused with the information here https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#All_about_MyCIC

I know that information is not official, but still it covers lots of topics pretty thorough. So for mycic it says "Note that both (or either) the sponsor and the principal applicant can link, but that each will only see the communications relevant to them. For example, the Sponsor will be advised of Sponsor Approval while the PA will not."

Caroliner1978

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! I read through the posts and the information was really helpful! I linked my account and this is what I did:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-Category: Family Class (Spouses)

I used - Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name (the applicant's family name)
I copied and pasted exactly how it was from the email no spaces at the end
- It didn't work when I used the Application Number and UCI
- It also didn't work when I used the Application Number and family

I entered my Passport information exactly how it is on my passport. (Do not enter city/town of birth and country -- leave both blank)
- It didn't work when I used the city/town of birth and country instead of my Passport Info)

I entered the province and city where we intend to live - exactly how it was on the application

Number of family members, including the primary applicant - I entered 2 (for me the applicant and my spouse, the sponsor). We do not have any dependents or parents included on the application.
This was the key that finally allowed me to link because at first I entered 1 (only for myself). You must include the sponsor in the total.

Following this exactly worked for me. Thank You

uberkarl

Mar 10, 2019
Hello,
Wanted to share my results as well for attempting to link the application to my account.

The combination that worked for me:

Family Name / UCI (used the PA's UCI, not sponsor)
Birth Details (I could never get Passport to work!)
Marital status: married (single never worked for me)
Number of applicants: 2 (sponsor and PA)

Hope that helps! Took 14 tries.

karanbedi

Mar 26, 2019
Hi All,

We did this in India.

I create a Canadian TRV application for my father online and provided all the documents...Unfortunately the application got locked after trying repeatedly to unlock it.

On the advice of my immigration consultant, we create a new application. This time, We got a Biometrics invite and got it done within a week. 2 Days, we got a notification saying the following

This is in reference to your application for a temporary resident visa.
According to our records, your initial application for a temporary resident visa XXXXX was approved
on 2019/04/05. Consequently, our office is unable to process this subsequent application for a temporary resident visa.
Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place.

So, the initial application was approved and the second application was withdrawn. At this point, the passport needs to be stamped.

I have sent the passport with the letter that states that the intiial application was approved but the new one was disapproved.

For the most part, the actual passport submission message would have been pushed towards the original application, which we still can't unlock.

I think the Visa Officer should easily find the application via the UCI. But I worry he might send it back without any stamp. Now, question is, if that does happen, we will have to unlock the original application.

What would be the best way to do that?

Sep 11, 2019
Hello I was having the same issue for like a week now and I followed through exactly what you stated and it worked. Im so happy. Thank you so much <3<3<3

Thank you! I read through the posts and the information was really helpful! I linked my account and this is what I did:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-Category: Family Class (Spouses)

I used - Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name (the applicant's family name)
I copied and pasted exactly how it was from the email no spaces at the end
- It didn't work when I used the Application Number and UCI
- It also didn't work when I used the Application Number and family

I entered my Passport information exactly how it is on my passport. (Do not enter city/town of birth and country -- leave both blank)
- It didn't work when I used the city/town of birth and country instead of my Passport Info)

I entered the province and city where we intend to live - exactly how it was on the application

Number of family members, including the primary applicant - I entered 2 (for me the applicant and my spouse, the sponsor). We do not have any dependents or parents included on the application.
This was the key that finally allowed me to link because at first I entered 1 (only for myself). You must include the sponsor in the total.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I want to share my experience with Gckey: I sent letter in web form with scans. The technical service used my information instead of form 0008 (the country of Belarus), they used the info from the birth certificate (Republic of Belarus) - they answered that this was a mistake. I was able to attach to Gckey, without changing anything, but apparently they changed something there (my country`s name). Conclusion: write them with screenshots if you do everything according to the instructions, but only after receiving AOR1!:cool:

AlphansoJ

Jan 2, 2018
Hi my wife had entered 1 in the original application for 'How many people are in this application' question. Now we have got AOR, and i am trying to link online. Many say we should add 2 in the last question. Also CIC has clearly mentioned that the online we enter should exactly be same as the application form. So will that be a problem if I put 2 now to link online?