+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC link application issue

Afgboy_2017

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi all, I am trying to link my application for 2 hopeless days now, tried all suggestions in this forum, is there anyone who just recently was able to link it? If yes, can you please share your experience on how you did it?
Leaving city of birth blank (one space bar) is not working, filling our city of birth exactly as ob application is not working.
Thank You all and Happy New Year!
I am stuck in the same situation. You cannot leave the place of birth blank anymore.

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
Hi
I created another account with my wife's (sponsor) email account and try to link. Then it worked. Now application has linked to new account. I think it is ok. What is your opinion? PLease let me know
Congrats it worked for you! I still can not link it :( You are the most recent one who was able to link it from what I can see, can you please share your experience, what did you enter and how did it work? I tried almost all combinations already. Did you enter 2 in the number of applicants or 1?
I will really appreciate your reply!
Thank You

Afgboy_2017

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi, did you find any solution yet? No luck here :(
I keep on trying and will let you know if any luck
Thank You
Still no luck. I received an email to link in 7 days otherwise there will be delays. The email has letter that say to put number of applicant as 2 even though I put 1 in the original application. I will call them tomorrow morning.

Nov 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Unknown
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2017
If it helps, I've not been able to link my account. I've emailed CIC and was given this reply:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your online account.

There could be different reasons why you faced these difficulties. We invite you to take a look at the list of common issues encountered when linking an application, and their resolutions.

• Your application hasn’t been entered into our system yet (paper applications)
Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for an application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.
  • The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application
The information you enter to link your application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account.

• You have a Sponsorship application and are entering the sponsor information instead of the principal applicant.
You may be experiencing difficulties linking the application because you are the sponsor. It is important to note only the principal applicant’s information can be used to link an application to an online account.
  • An immigration representative is handling your file
If you have hired a representative, only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your application to your account.

If you chose to do so, please upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

• Our online system could be down
Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

• All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this: once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
page preceding the error, and
error message.

We will be pleased to follow up on your request within 10 business days following reception of the above information.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Obviously this email doesn't actually help anyone having issues. My only point to make out of this is that you should try to message technical support with the exact steps you took when entering your information. They may be able to enter and link it manually on their end.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
If it helps, I've not been able to link my account. I've emailed CIC and was given this reply:

Good day,

We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties linking your application to your online account.

There could be different reasons why you faced these difficulties. We invite you to take a look at the list of common issues encountered when linking an application, and their resolutions.

Following its reception at our Case Processing Centre, it will take some time for an application to be entered into the system. Once the application is entered in our system, you will be able to link it to your account.
  • The information you have entered is different from what you submitted on your application
The information you enter to link your application must match what you had on your application when you submitted it. If you have updated your information after submitting your application, please enter the most recent information we would have on file.

You can only try to link an application five times. If you are unsuccessful after five attempts, you will be locked out for 24 hours.

For sponsorship applications, it must be the sponsored person’s (principal applicant) online account.

• You have a Sponsorship application and are entering the sponsor information instead of the principal applicant.
You may be experiencing difficulties linking the application because you are the sponsor. It is important to note only the principal applicant’s information can be used to link an application to an online account.
If you have hired a representative, only that representative can access the application status through the Authorized Paid Representatives Portal. You would need to remove the representative from your file to link your application to your account.

If you chose to do so, please upload the Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to your online MyCIC account and select the option I am cancelling the appointment of a representative. Once that information is processed (within 10 business days following reception of the form), you will be able to access information about your application.

If you need to update your representative information, please visit our website.

Please visit our website for more details on the different planned and unplanned outages.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please write back to us using the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Also add the following information:

• All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this: once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
Any error messages. To do this, provide us with screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
error message.

We will be pleased to follow up on your request within 10 business days following reception of the above information.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Change of address
  • Help Centre
Sincerely,

Obviously this email doesn't actually help anyone having issues. My only point to make out of this is that you should try to message technical support with the exact steps you took when entering your information. They may be able to enter and link it manually on their end.
I linked first time with application number, PA name, place of birth, no passport info, 2 people in application.

Putting 1 instead of 2 is a common trick to get it linked. So is putting single instead of common law/married.

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa

Good day,

error message.

• Change of address
  • Help Centre
Sincerely,

Yes, I got the same email from them which is not helpful to me at all. I send them the Web Request Form with all the info and will see if it will help.
Thank You for your input.

Nov 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Unknown
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2017
I linked first time with application number, PA name, place of birth, no passport info, 2 people in application.

Putting 1 instead of 2 is a common trick to get it linked. So is putting single instead of common law/married.
IT WORKED! You sir are a true gentleman.

It looks like, even though I'm going for a Common-law partner sponsorship, CIC thinks I'm single. Also, there are 2 family members as part of the application apparently, even though only I'm going over.

I've listed what I put below. Anything starting and ending in ** is personal information, and will be different for you.

Here's what I entered:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Common-law partner)

Application details
Please select one: Application Number and Family Name
Application Number: **MY_APPLICATION_NUMBER**
Family Name: **MY_FAMILIY_NAME**

Place of Birth
City/town of birth: **MY_CITY** (the city shown on the 4th out of 5 lines of my address in correspondance with CIC)
Country/territory of birth: England

Passport
Passport Number: LEAVE BLANK
Country of Issue: LEAVE BLANK
Issue date: LEAVE BLANK
Expiry date: LEAVE BLANK

Other Application Information
Where does the application intend to live in Canada?
Province: Ontario
City/Town/Village: Toronto
Current marital status: Single
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: 2
Good luck!

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
IT WORKED! You sir are a true gentleman.

It looks like, even though I'm going for a Common-law partner sponsorship, CIC thinks I'm single. Also, there are 2 family members as part of the application apparently, even though only I'm going over.

I've listed what I put below. Anything starting and ending in ** is personal information, and will be different for you.

Here's what I entered:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-category: Family Class (Common-law partner)

Application details
Please select one: Application Number and Family Name
Application Number: **MY_APPLICATION_NUMBER**
Family Name: **MY_FAMILIY_NAME**

Place of Birth
City/town of birth: **MY_CITY** (the city shown on the 4th out of 5 lines of my address in correspondance with CIC)
Country/territory of birth: England

Passport
Passport Number: LEAVE BLANK
Country of Issue: LEAVE BLANK
Issue date: LEAVE BLANK
Expiry date: LEAVE BLANK

Other Application Information
Where does the application intend to live in Canada?
Province: Ontario
City/Town/Village: Toronto
Current marital status: Single
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: 2
Good luck!
So happy to have helped!

And that's Ms. "sir" to you! :D

PurnimaVK

Jan 3, 2018
Hi i am unable to link my application to the new gckey as the previous gckey got revoked
tried everything and all combinations but the error i see is No aplication found
i have sublited my documentsand pid the fees also

please help

At last I could LINK the applications SUCCESSFULLY!

Here are the points:

- You just need a MyCIC account (any kind). It doesn't need to be related to the applications. Names don't have to match.

- At least applications that are passed SA (sponsor approval) can be linked. I had two applications for my parents and my in-laws and could link both. One of them was forwarded to LVO and had received IME and the other was sent to LVO then back to Ottawa and no IME or anything so far.

- Maybe applications earlier than SA can be linked however I am not sure as mines were both pass SA.

- Enter the detail of your main applicant parent. It cannot link to the spouse of the main applicant. So if the main applicant is your father, your mother's detail won't work.

- I used "Family name" and "UCI" for it to work. The other times I used UCI and App# but didn't work.

- Left "Place of birth" empty

- Entered Passport Information accurately

- "Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada?" should match IMM0008(11-2015)E question 5 (where do you intend to live in Canada).

- "Number of ..." should match IMM5768 (Financial Evaluation) box #7 (Total numbber fo persons for the purpose of ...).
am

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi i am unable to link my application to the new gckey as the previous gckey got revoked
tried everything and all combinations but the error i see is No aplication found
i have sublited my documentsand pid the fees also

please help

am
Have you received AOR? When did you submit your application?

Shane_M

Jan 6, 2018
URGENT!!! I'm received the AOR on 4th Jan 2018, was trying the method that the members shared on this forum to link my sponsorship paper application to my online account. But none of the methods worked. HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

Shane_M

Jan 6, 2018
I'm able to link my application to my online account. You can fill everything as requested but make sure the City/town of birth is exactly like the passport. For example in the application form City/town place of birth: Abc

And the city "Abc" is in the Province of "Def".

Even though I filled City/town place of birth: Abc But my passport showed the City/town place of birth is "Def". When I key in the "Def" as the City/town place of birth. It's worked after 3 days of trying. Hope this can help and you guys can understand what I'm trying to explain.

Sponsormyhusband

Nov 15, 2017
Ottawa
I'm able to link my application to my online account. You can fill everything as requested but make sure the City/town of birth is exactly like the passport. For example in the application form City/town place of birth: Abc

And the city "Abc" is in the Province of "Def".

Even though I filled City/town place of birth: Abc But my passport showed the City/town place of birth is "Def". When I key in the "Def" as the City/town place of birth. It's worked after 3 days of trying. Hope this can help and you guys can understand what I'm trying to explain.
Thank You for your advise, I will try today, after they unlock my account.
Appreciate it and yes, I understand what you are saying.
Thanks, again.

PALWINDER SINGH

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone.....
I successfully linked my file with online account in 13th try...
In my case....Problem was in Birth Place/town field..
So I tried it this way..

- > Application number and UCI
- > Didn't enter Birth details fields
- > Entered Passport fields
- > Entered Province and City intend to live
- > 1 in field(Number of family members that are part of application)