Med's Done....
04-11-2019
Passport Req..
12-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2020
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
help my account is locked due to wrong identity questions. i have sent a message through technical report. do you think i should create a new online account and link my old account to it. please note my application is an online application.
Yes mine was an online one too. you can create a new GC key and link your old application to this new one. Mine worked.

hsgoodarzi

May 10, 2020
hello
i have a problem:
"You have answered all of your security questions incorrectly.
Your account has been locked. You are no longer able to recover you account online."
what should i do?

thanks

el.jalalpour

Apr 27, 2020
hello
i have a problem:
"You have answered all of your security questions incorrectly.
Your account has been locked. You are no longer able to recover you account online."
what should i do?

thanks
Hi, Did you figure out a way to solve this? I have the same issue.

NehaG

Sep 9, 2017
Hi
My account is also locked and not able to reset new password even after answering recovery questions correctly. Also tried creating new account and linking it but not working it says ur file not found :-(
Any idea is this happening because my Express Entry profile expired on May 4h 2020 and m trying to login now?

aly082

Jun 24, 2021
Just to update as per the new rules, CIC has stopped transferring calls to their technical department and they definitely don't unlock MYCIC accounts over the phones anymore. Instead they send out email forms and/or instructions with a timeline of 10 business days. Eventually you will need to create a new account.

So if AFTER logging in using your GC Key and password successfully, you see the following message: "your account has been locked, you are no longer able to recover your account online":

1. Goto MYCIC ---> Register for a new GCKey.
2. Create new user ID (GC Key), password, new security questions.
3. Once your new account is created successfully, click on "Link Application to this account" button.
4. Use your existing EE Profile # or other personal details to fetch and link your earlier EE profile/applications.

Hope this helps.

I created my express entry profile under FSW and and received a letter of interest from a certain province from it. Then it got locked since i answered the security questions wrong.

I created a new profile and when they ask me to select the "program" i applied under, which category shall i select (in order for them to link my previous application to this the new account):
a) citizenship
b) eTA
c) permanent residence
d) permanent resident card
e) temporary residence

your assistance would mean a lot.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I created my express entry profile under FSW and and received a letter of interest from a certain province from it. Then it got locked since i answered the security questions wrong.

I created a new profile and when they ask me to select the "program" i applied under, which category shall i select (in order for them to link my previous application to this the new account):
a) citizenship
b) eTA
c) permanent residence
d) permanent resident card
e) temporary residence

your assistance would mean a lot.
(Woah!!! That post of mine is 6 years old!)

Select option c) permanent residence
All the best! :)

Vladiszlav

Oct 5, 2022
Hello

can someone help me? my account is blocked:rolleyes:

You have answered all of your security questions incorrectly.

Your account has been locked. You are no longer able to recover you account online.

What can i do now?

winnietsa

Aug 3, 2023
hello
I wish to get help here please.
I got an email about the outcome of my application but I don't remember the login details to my GCkey nor the answer of my recovery questions I do not know what to do now. please help.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
hello
I wish to get help here please.
I got an email about the outcome of my application but I don't remember the login details to my GCkey nor the answer of my recovery questions I do not know what to do now. please help.
Hi - You will need to create a new GCKey first and after that link your application ID to that account to view details.
Please follow instructions as per this link to create new GCKey.