AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Don't create a new account to resolve this issue, since it might worsen your case.

Only log in with your username and password then file a complain using "Techical report" option somewhere at the top on the cic page.

You will need your enter your name and email is its not automatically generated for you, date of birth, UCI number, your application number, a screen capture of the page of your technical issue, a column to type the nature or decription of your problem.

Thats all you need.

I got made a technical report today and got it resolved before today even ended.
I decided to enter my account again and guess what my security questions were resetted.

Its simple as that.
@Gissellrf

VJ5

Oct 14, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
21-09-2018
Med's Done....
08-09-2018
Hi Everyone,

This experience is disastrous...the entire Application process flow was smooth until unless my dependant decided to Log In and check out....and Bammm...Account Locked...now from what I read is that u can open a new profile and and link. However, it seems that's not a safe option.

So if u click Help and fill up the Technical Help Form, it is mandatory to insert the UCI (Unique Client Identifier) code. Well well well...it's been more than 4 days my account is locked and I cannot even write to CIC/IRCC because it is mandatory to fill up the UCI Code. After a little research it seemed that apparently UCI code is given in every correspondence. However, PLEASE NOTE that neither the ITA and nor the e-APR letter has the UCI mentioned. All that is mentioned is the Form No. UCI code can be seen only once people log in and are able to view their Application (Should have taken a snapshot of that).

CIC/ IRCC should take note of this and also work on this feature. They should atleast unlock profiles after 24hrs/ 48hrs. This waiting time for PPR is no less stressful that we are now put to additional stress of finding a solution for just entering the Security Question incorrectly.

I will write back once I find answers and a solution to this.

itunu207

Apr 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,

This experience is disastrous...the entire Application process flow was smooth until unless my dependant decided to Log In and check out....and Bammm...Account Locked...now from what I read is that u can open a new profile and and link. However, it seems that's not a safe option.

So if u click Help and fill up the Technical Help Form, it is mandatory to insert the UCI (Unique Client Identifier) code. Well well well...it's been more than 4 days my account is locked and I cannot even write to CIC/IRCC because it is mandatory to fill up the UCI Code. After a little research it seemed that apparently UCI code is given in every correspondence. However, PLEASE NOTE that neither the ITA and nor the e-APR letter has the UCI mentioned. All that is mentioned is the Form No. UCI code can be seen only once people log in and are able to view their Application (Should have taken a snapshot of that).

CIC/ IRCC should take note of this and also work on this feature. They should atleast unlock profiles after 24hrs/ 48hrs. This waiting time for PPR is no less stressful that we are now put to additional stress of finding a solution for just entering the Security Question incorrectly.

I will write back once I find answers and a solution to this.
Hello, were you able to get this resolved and how?

@lli

Jun 21, 2019
Don't create a new account to resolve this issue, since it might worsen your case.

Only log in with your username and password then file a complain using "Techical report" option somewhere at the top on the cic page.

You will need your enter your name and email is its not automatically generated for you, date of birth, UCI number, your application number, a screen capture of the page of your technical issue, a column to type the nature or decription of your problem.

Thats all you need.

I got made a technical report today and got it resolved before today even ended.
I decided to enter my account again and guess what my security questions were resetted.

Its simple as that.
What if the response was your you

Prav@24

Jul 18, 2019
Hi All,

I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong.

I have filled technical issue form 3 days back and sent an email to question@cic.gc.ca as well. I haven't received any response. I am hoping that by next week i will get an update about my visa status as its been already 3 weeks that i applied. So please let me know if there is anything else that i can do.

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Aug 20, 2019
Hi All,

I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong.

I have filled technical issue form 3 days back and sent an email to question@cic.gc.ca as well. I haven't received any response. I am hoping that by next week i will get an update about my visa status as its been already 3 weeks that i applied. So please let me know if there is anything else that i can do.

Appreciate the help. Thanks
Hi,
I was in the same situation and sent an email to them as well but on the web they said it takes 2-5 days to reply my mail. I tried creating a new GCKey account then linked all the files to my new account. Fortunately, it worked.
Hope it can help.
Goodluck.

Nisuelie

Aug 25, 2019
Just to update as per the new rules, CIC has stopped transferring calls to their technical department and they definitely don't unlock M
I had almost similar issue, I applied for PR not TRV and I was asked to create an account and link my application, I was trying to link the application and it was always wrong data provided so they blocked my account after trying 5 times (here is the similarity ) I just created a new account and went to link my application, this time I carefully read the instruction of linking the application and all went well got new account linked.

my advice to you create a new account and before you link the old application read the instruction carefully http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp also refer to the top question in the link it was very helpful for me.

hope you all can manage to get into your accounts
Thanks my friend am trying to link my application and they are asking me "when did the program started or ended year,date&day but am confused about what they are asking can you please assist me?
Or can I trust you and give you my accounts' details and Link it for me?
YCIC accounts over the phones anymore. Instead they send out email forms and/or instructions with a timeline of 10 business days. Eventually you will need to create a new account.

So if AFTER logging in using your GC Key and password successfully, you see the following message: "your account has been locked, you are no longer able to recover your account online":

1. Goto MYCIC ---> Register for a new GCKey.
2. Create new user ID (GC Key), password, new security questions.
3. Once your new account is created successfully, click on "Link Application to this account" button.
4. Use your existing EE Profile # or other personal details to fetch and link your earlier EE profile/applications.

Hope this helps.

Nisuelie

Aug 25, 2019
How did you do that?me too am trying to link my online account and they are asking me "when did the applicants program started and ended but am not getting the exact meaning can I get your WhatsApp number if you can help me?

Hi,
I was in the same situation and sent an email to them as well but on the web they said it takes 2-5 days to reply my mail. I tried creating a new GCKey account then linked all the files to my new account. Fortunately, it worked.
Hope it can help.
Goodluck.

Nisuelie

Aug 25, 2019
How did it
Dear,
Please HELP me in this situation as my CIC is locked and I have 4 messages waiting I cant do anything I sent emails to them on all IDs, I called them but not working as they only accept emails, I tried to link my old application in new but failed every time some bad error 505 (something like this)
Please give me you number to contact you please...... or send me email (rizwan@kjuffali.com) I am based in Saudi
:(:(:(:(
works?

Nisuelie

Aug 25, 2019
Hello brethren av unfortunately answered those security questions incorrectly what can I do to recover my online account? I was tracking about my study permanent and my admission letter will be valid on 6th Sept ☹☹☹ any one to help me?can I get his or her WhatsApp number or e-mail? Mine is (nisuelie@gmail.com)

Hope I'll get an answer from you thanks in advance

roshandenis

Oct 28, 2018

My issue got resolved today.Please follow the below steps:-
1)Fill the web form(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry.
2)

Please include:

• Screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
    • page where you are experiencing problems/trying to log into your account,
    • error message(s) you received, and
  • Specify the date and time when the problem occurred.

IRCC resolves issues within 5 business days.

Reactions: swatzpotter14

swatzpotter14

Aug 26, 2019
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2019
Doc's Request.
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-11-2019
Passport Req..
12-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2020
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I just did this myself, it worked and I'm so relieved, please try to create a new GC key and link your existing application by providing information such as UCI, date of birth, passport details, IELTS test form number etc. Mine was found and it is all intact and I can continue to furnish my application.

Good luck to you guys!

oyukuwife1234

Sep 13, 2019
help my account is locked due to wrong identity questions. i have sent a message through technical report. do you think i should create a new online account and link my old account to it. please note my application is an online application.