+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC - Identity Validation, 3 security questions - account locked

Nilugajjar

Sep 27, 2017
Process has changed. They don't unlock via calls. I tried everything for days and days before I figured out what worked. You'll have to fill a web form with your complain.

Search for IRCC web form and fill it with Application Type: Technical difficulties. They unlocked mine in 2 days. You'll receive an email when they unlock.
Boss what is the web form name and how can I get this form please answer

Juditha17

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
My application is approved as confirmed by customer care but I can not access my accounts to check the message since it is blocked.
Now I need to submit the passport with that letter of approval.
I am not able to do it . Please please advice how to unblock it as its very urgent to see that message. or is there any other way out .
Hello did you unlocked your gckey pls help waiting for passport request pr application i cannot check my application in gckey

Nilugajjar

Sep 27, 2017
Hey
I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong :eek:

I have contacted GCKey support - but the problem is not GCKey, as I'm still able to log in with username and Password. But when I proceed to my application and the questions should pop up - I now just see the message, that account is locked. I've actually recieved something from CIC today and now I'm not able to log into that to see what that is. Currently, I'm awaiting my TRV and Passport request, so it's quite important to see the content.

I contacted webmaster on web-tech-support AT cic.gc.ca. I've also contacted question AT cic.gc.ca

Whom do you think I also should contact? Am I able to call to CIC and ask what they wrote me if I provide them with specific application number?
My application is proccessed in London. I may also call them directly.

Maybe there's someone who had same issue?

Thank you in advance
Dear how can solve your GCKey problem can you tell me

Rizwan123456

Nov 1, 2017
Hey
I've accidentally somehow answered those 3 security questions wrong :eek:

I have contacted GCKey support - but the problem is not GCKey, as I'm still able to log in with username and Password. But when I proceed to my application and the questions should pop up - I now just see the message, that account is locked. I've actually recieved something from CIC today and now I'm not able to log into that to see what that is. Currently, I'm awaiting my TRV and Passport request, so it's quite important to see the content.

I contacted webmaster on web-tech-support AT cic.gc.ca. I've also contacted question AT cic.gc.ca

Whom do you think I also should contact? Am I able to call to CIC and ask what they wrote me if I provide them with specific application number?
My application is proccessed in London. I may also call them directly.

Maybe there's someone who had same issue?

Thank you in advance
Dear Liluu3, Would you mind to please help me in this situation also as my CIC is locked and I have 4 messages waiting I cant do anything I sent emails to them on all IDs, I called them but not working as they only accept emails, I tried to link my old application in new but failed every time some bad error 505 (something like this)
Please give me you number to contact you please...... or send me email (rizwan@kjuffali.com) I am based in Saudi

Rizwan123456

Nov 1, 2017
Just to update as per the new rules, CIC has stopped transferring calls to their technical department and they definitely don't unlock MYCIC accounts over the phones anymore. Instead they send out email forms and/or instructions with a timeline of 10 business days. Eventually you will need to create a new account.

So if AFTER logging in using your GC Key and password successfully, you see the following message: "your account has been locked, you are no longer able to recover your account online":

1. Goto MYCIC ---> Register for a new GCKey.
2. Create new user ID (GC Key), password, new security questions.
3. Once your new account is created successfully, click on "Link Application to this account" button.
4. Use your existing EE Profile # or other personal details to fetch and link your earlier EE profile/applications.

Hope this helps.
Dear vvarma, please tell me the solution please as I have messages waiting and I cant do anything as my CIC is locked.
Please help me out ASAP I am based in Saudi kindly email me the solution as I tried all sent emails to them called them and filled form online spoke in Canada in GCKEY but no use.... (rizwan@kjuffali.com)

Rizwan123456

Nov 1, 2017
Dear,
Please HELP me in this situation as my CIC is locked and I have 4 messages waiting I cant do anything I sent emails to them on all IDs, I called them but not working as they only accept emails, I tried to link my old application in new but failed every time some bad error 505 (something like this)
Please give me you number to contact you please...... or send me email (rizwan@kjuffali.com) I am based in Saudi
:(:(:(:(

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Don't create a new account to resolve this issue, since it might worsen your case.

Only log in with your username and password then file a complain using "Techical report" option somewhere at the top on the cic page.

You will need your enter your name and email is its not automatically generated for you, date of birth, UCI number, your application number, a screen capture of the page of your technical issue, a column to type the nature or decription of your problem.

Thats all you need.

I got made a technical report today and got it resolved before today even ended.
I decided to enter my account again and guess what my security questions were resetted.

Its simple as that.

anupdas1975

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,
I applied for tourist visa, application no.: V323158578 & V323158580. I received confirmation email to submit the passports. But unfortunately I answered some of the security questions wrong (spelling mistakes) my online account is blocked now. Need your assistance to open it as I need to print the letter for submission of Passport.
I sent emails to the concerned, I also filed a technical report. No response yet!
Please note that I am a frequent traveler and I have scheduled travels next week. This issues needs to be resolved today as the passport submission and visa process from South Africa takes 5 working days.
Your early assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks & regards,
Anup Das

Last edited:

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Hi,
I applied for tourist visa, application no.: V323158578 & V323158580. I received confirmation email to submit the passports. But unfortunately I answered some of the security questions wrong (spelling mistakes) my online account is blocked now. Need your assistance to open it as I need to print the letter for submission of Passport.
I sent emails to the concerned, I also filed a technical report. No response yet!
Please note that I am a frequent traveler and I have scheduled travels next week. This issues needs to be resolved today as the passport submission and visa process from South Africa takes 5 working days.
Your early assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks & regards,
Anup Das
Kindly follow this link to help resolve your situation:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

And also with technical issues, they resolve it just that confirmation via email comes late. So try revisiting your online account, you should meet "a reset security questions and answers" as you attempt to sign in.

If all approach is to no avail, send the passport in person if you are in the country processing your visa or post it with vivid elaboration on the nature of your issue. Don't forget to add your application credentials like application number, UCI etc when going by this means.

Best of lucks!

Cheers!
Liquid.

Ogun5851

Jul 13, 2018
Hi, my own case is also similar, I logged in but I answered the questions incorrectly and my account say"your account is locked you cannot recover online" but I sent an email to the technical department but they have not replied me , I don't want to open a new account yet and link the old one .in case its unlocked ,where else can I mail? And has anyone been able to get this problem solved?

Liquid_231

Star Member
May 9, 2018
Hi, my own case is also similar, I logged in but I answered the questions incorrectly and my account say"your account is locked you cannot recover online" but I sent an email to the technical department but they have not replied me , I don't want to open a new account yet and link the old one .in case its unlocked ,where else can I mail? And has anyone been able to get this problem solved?
You have to send a technical report on the cic page. It should be resolved in 24hrs. But you will have to enter your credentials for this to fruitful.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

naini

Jul 31, 2018
You have to send a technical report on the cic page. It should be resolved in 24hrs. But you will have to enter your credentials for this to fruitful.

Cheers!!!
Hi

I have sent a web form under technical issue with all required details. Its been 3 days for now and there is no response. Still my account remains the same and the same error of application not found exists. Should I call them or raise another request via email ???
What is the option available to me. I am in a very desperate situation to withdraw that profile. What to do. Please help.