+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My work experience not continuous for 1 year ?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hey here are my exact dates of Hours and Months I worked

Job A - Company A - Sept 2007 - Feb 2008 - 40 hrs/week
Job B - Company B - May 2008 - Aug 2008 - 40 hrs/week
Job C - Company C - Oct 2008 - Aug 2009 - 40 hrs/week

can this be considered continuous ?

Nope. Not continuous.

And you have commitment issues :p

jeevsid

Aug 13, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I need some help with my work experience calculation. I worked as a School Psychologist in School A from 07/31/17 to 06/14/18 (10.5 months) and then worked in School B as a School Psychologist from 08/19/18 to present. Summer vacations are a part of my job just like they are for teachers and my job contracts follow the academic year. So all together I have more than 1 year of experience without counting summer and other school vacations.

How should I state my experiences in my EE profile? My job was full time and I worked 40 hours per week. I secured my job in School B before my contract ended with School A. I want to make sure my EE profile does not get rejected.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

florbv77

Nov 19, 2018
Hello! My husband is a seaman and his contracts are only 6-7 months on board and then 3-6 months vacation. But he has been in maritime industry for more than 20 yrs now. How can he calculate his work experience? Will he qualify for EE? Will that be considered as continuous or not? Hope someone can shed light on this.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020

Tahsina89

Oct 16, 2019
I dont think gaps matter as i had them and got my copr.

As for the 1 year - like i said i had a run of over 1year continuos so cant be definate on that for you. If you do go for it then I also think it would be worth putting a paragrapgh into your letter of explanation (this accompanies your application) and just be upfront about it saying you have 2.5yr experience and its made up of 4 different periods. Plus in your very first role (and possibly third even) you exceeded the required hours for CICs 1 year full time. (Hope you did)
I worked full time during my Post grad diploma. Will it count as a full time work experience?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I worked full time during my Post grad diploma. Will it count as a full time work experience?
As long as the work experience accrued was not Canadian and you were not in Canada, were paid and the employer is willing to provide you a reference letter.

Rajdeep37

Dec 10, 2018
Hi buddy yes I did exceed the hours as I worked 40 hrs weekly in the u.s but I m reading in different places that 40 hrs don't count only 30 hrs do. Is that true ?? My first job of 11 months I exceeded 1500 hrs and the letter clearly states it. But I m reading the job has to be continued over 1 year. I m now confused do I qualify or not ?
You won't qualify for Canadian PR under federal skilled worker program but you are eligible for PNP program. If any province nominate you then you are good to go..

Aug 16, 2020
So I have total 16months work experience after my masters. With 2 different employers under the same NOC.
Can I apply/not apply for Canada PR?
Please guide

matt2232

Nov 2, 2020
That's not true, I combined 10 months + 2 months in different jobs of the same NOC and it worked out fine. There were no gaps in between though.
can you define no gaps? if you left a job in 10 months on friday and started another on monday, would that be counted as a gap?

matt2232

Nov 2, 2020
That is fine as there is no gap. Gaps are weeks or a month. Must be the same NOC.
thank you so very much. do i need to specifically mention this on my LOE? that it was saturday and sunday and not leave it to the officer's discretion?

ar.armeet

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Canada
Hello
My work experience (NOC B) in January, 2020 and after 8 weeks of work, lost the job due to COVID lockdown. Then in Nov, 2020 I got another job (NOC A). My question is: will I be able to use my 8 weeks of work experience in my "continuous 1 year experience" for PR application?
*Canadian Experience Class*

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
My work experience (NOC B) in January, 2020 and after 8 weeks of work, lost the job due to COVID lockdown. Then in Nov, 2020 I got another job (NOC A). My question is: will I be able to use my 8 weeks of work experience in my "continuous 1 year experience" for PR application?
What stream are you applying to?