+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My work experience not continuous for 1 year ?

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
So I have 3 years of experience but I dont have continuous 1 year experience in any job. Is it possible they aggregate my work experience and consider me ?

1st job - 11 months
2nd job - 3 months
3rd job - 10 months
4th job - 5 months

So can I not apply for Canadian PR under skilled worker /Express entry ?

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
You should be able to, depending on what you did in between those jobs. For example, if you changed job after your first 11 months, and then started job 2 right away, you are good to go.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I'm not 100% certain, but the requirement is 1 year of continuous work experience in a particular NOC (not employer). If your start/end dates of 2 or more of your jobs overlap to form 1 year, I think you should be fine. Can you mention the exact dates?

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I'm not 100% certain, but the requirement is 1 year of continuous work experience in a particular NOC (not employer). If your start/end dates of 2 or more of your jobs overlap to form 1 year, I think you should be fine. Can you mention the exact dates?
No I have many breaks...

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
You should be able to, depending on what you did in between those jobs. For example, if you changed job after your first 11 months, and then started job 2 right away, you are good to go.
I have gaps.. and I dont have continuous 1 year experience...

Redrock

Sep 1, 2017
RH1983. Have a look at your total hours that you worked for each job as you may be over the minimum of 1560 hours for it to be classed as one year of full time work experience.

As you did 11 months in your first role and most people work 40h per week that would be about 1900h in total.

I just got my COPR with an equivalent of 4 years of work experience from lots of different jobs some full time some not. None of which lasted more than 10months. (They were all under the same FSW NOC code). But i did have a run of more than 1y in one type of job. I also had 2.5yrs in the middle where i was back at uni and then had a different career completly.

I got complete reference letters showing all the requirements for 2.5yrs of work experience. Then for the other jobs i used old contracts, job descriptions, payslips and governement tax letters to prove that they were real.

They look at work experience over the last 10 years so i reckon if youve got more than 1560h in one role then you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: shatakshi26

Aherman

Aug 12, 2017
I have a question regarding NOC work experience. I am in the US, and I have rejected asylum case. Because of my situation, I don't have work experiences related with my education. I am in my last semester completing undergraduate degree in accounting (I have an associate degree before transferring to university). In the past, I worked as a full-time manager in Japanese restaurant and also work several years as a server. Can I put work experiences under NOC (restaurant manager & server) in my application even though my education is accounting major? I am worry that I am not eligible because my education & NOC are not related at all......

Also, I am thinking to study for graduate school in Germany. I cannot get student visa in Canada, UK, Australia, & New Zealand since the US sharing immigration data with those countries. As far as I know, Germany doesn't have an agreement with the US about sharing immigration data. I want to start fresh in other country (Germany) as a graduate student while I am also applying for Canadian EE. Does anyone know about this fact? I want to make sure if I am not gonna have problem to apply for a student visa in Germany.

If anybody can give me good information and answering my questions above, I will be so grateful! Thank you in advance!

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
RH1983. Have a look at your total hours that you worked for each job as you may be over the minimum of 1560 hours for it to be classed as one year of full time work experience.

As you did 11 months in your first role and most people work 40h per week that would be about 1900h in total.

I just got my COPR with an equivalent of 4 years of work experience from lots of different jobs some full time some not. None of which lasted more than 10months. (They were all under the same FSW NOC code). But i did have a run of more than 1y in one type of job. I also had 2.5yrs in the middle where i was back at uni and then had a different career completly.

I got complete reference letters showing all the requirements for 2.5yrs of work experience. Then for the other jobs i used old contracts, job descriptions, payslips and governement tax letters to prove that they were real.

They look at work experience over the last 10 years so i reckon if youve got more than 1560h in one role then you should be good to go.
Hey thank you so much. That gives me hope so are you saying gaps don't matter ? I have gaps + less than 1 year each job.

Redrock

Sep 1, 2017
I have a question regarding NOC work experience.....answering my questions above, I will be so grateful! Thank you in advance!
I have 2 masters in engineering and i applied and got my copr under the NOC as a cook. From my experience the two (degree and trade) are unrelated and just seem to tick boxes to get you points.

The rest of your post i have no idea about soz.

Redrock

Sep 1, 2017
Hey thank you so much. That gives me hope so are you saying gaps don't matter ? I have gaps + less than 1 year each job.
I dont think gaps matter as i had them and got my copr.

As for the 1 year - like i said i had a run of over 1year continuos so cant be definate on that for you. If you do go for it then I also think it would be worth putting a paragrapgh into your letter of explanation (this accompanies your application) and just be upfront about it saying you have 2.5yr experience and its made up of 4 different periods. Plus in your very first role (and possibly third even) you exceeded the required hours for CICs 1 year full time. (Hope you did)

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I dont think gaps matter as i had them and got my copr.

As for the 1 year - like i said i had a run of over 1year continuos so cant be definate on that for you. If you do go for it then I also think it would be worth putting a paragrapgh into your letter of explanation (this accompanies your application) and just be upfront about it saying you have 2.5yr experience and its made up of 4 different periods. Plus in your very first role (and possibly third even) you exceeded the required hours for CICs 1 year full time. (Hope you did)
Hi buddy yes I did exceed the hours as I worked 40 hrs weekly in the u.s but I m reading in different places that 40 hrs don't count only 30 hrs do. Is that true ?? My first job of 11 months I exceeded 1500 hrs and the letter clearly states it. But I m reading the job has to be continued over 1 year. I m now confused do I qualify or not ?

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hey here are my exact dates of Hours and Months I worked

Job A - Company A - Sept 2007 - Feb 2008 - 40 hrs/week
Job B - Company B - May 2008 - Aug 2008 - 40 hrs/week
Job C - Company C - Oct 2008 - Aug 2009 - 40 hrs/week

can this be considered continuous ?