+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My medicals expired but my visa counterfoil is valid

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
Yes, I can.I will think on it since it's too late for me to get this confirmation. My visa expiring in few days.

But for you, it's really happy news and I hope for you also they might extended medical automatically. That's the reason I reached you to convey this news.

Please order gcms notes and within month you will get it. So you can plan for your journey.
Ill order GCMS right away. Thanks so much buddy!!

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
All the best.
Hey. Did you fly to Canada yet? I heard about a couple of cases where people were sent back from Greece and Doha airport as their visa was invalid however counterfoil was still valid. Not sure about this information as it is not first hand.

But i also know of someone who successfully reached Canada with a situation similar to ours.

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
@bpur87 I am in similar situtation my medical expired 2 months back but my document status is valid, did u fly or u got any further information regarding the matter.

rraj25

Oct 4, 2021
Your patience will reward you soon
Anyone travelled with expired medical but with a valid counterfoil. Even I'm in same situation my medical is expired and I took my second medicals 45 days ago but still no update from IRCC.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hey. Did you fly to Canada yet? I heard about a couple of cases where people were sent back from Greece and Doha airport as their visa was invalid however counterfoil was still valid. Not sure about this information as it is not first hand.

But i also know of someone who successfully reached Canada with a situation similar to ours.
No I didn't. I applied for new work permit and awaiting for progress from visa office.

I didn't risk myself in traveling based on my luck.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
@bpur87 I am in similar situtation my medical expired 2 months back but my document status is valid, did u fly or u got any further information regarding the matter.
Please do upfront remedical and update through webform. In parallel, apply for gcms notes, Ircc might extended your medical already that's why your counterfeil still shows valid.

Even after all these, it's purely our luck to travel without any issues, since we have some confusion in our file. So, please take good decision and take risk if it's highly required.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Anyone travelled with expired medical but with a valid counterfoil. Even I'm in same situation my medical is expired and I took my second medicals 45 days ago but still no update from IRCC.
I was in same situation. Counterfeil was valid even after medical expiry. As per gcms notes, IRCC extended my medical for 1 more year due to covid. But still, I didn't took risk. I applied for new visa since my existing visa was about to expire and having this confusion.

Coming to the point, IRCC didn't update your medical even after 45 days. That's their trend now.

They are opening new application only when it crossed it application processing time until then they aren't bothering on our webform or mail

dpg

Jun 20, 2023
I have a similar scenario, where my correspondence letter shows the validity of my medical as the 6th of June 2023, but my counterfoil is still valid. I am skeptical about whether or not I should initiate my travel. Note: I did take my medicals again yesterday and I plan on traveling around the 8th of July.

Could anybody tell me if I should book my tickets or wait for IRCC to update?

ran12jan123

Sep 18, 2021
I have a similar scenario, where my correspondence letter shows the validity of my medical as the 6th of June 2023, but my counterfoil is still valid. I am skeptical about whether or not I should initiate my travel. Note: I did take my medicals again yesterday and I plan on traveling around the 8th of July.

Could anybody tell me if I should book my tickets or wait for IRCC to update?
Hello,

What I did was contacted ircc office to confirm whether I was eligible for travel, and fortunately they gave me a green flag. I did travel even though my medical file was not updated.

I think you could also call them using TextNow app or something like that and they would provide the required info.

It will take a long time to connect so try to be patient.

Regards

dpg

Jun 20, 2023
Hello,

What I did was contacted ircc office to confirm whether I was eligible for travel, and fortunately they gave me a green flag. I did travel even though my medical file was not updated.

I think you could also call them using TextNow app or something like that and they would provide the required info.

It will take a long time to connect so try to be patient.

Regards
Thank You for Your response, looks like TextNow isn't available in India, and hangouts have stopped their calling services :( , Are you aware of any other apps that might work?