India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hi,

I have spousal open worker TRV but I yet to land in canada.

My medical expired 4 months back but still my medicals showing passed and visa counterfoil shows valid in ircc gckey.

What should I do?

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Hi,

My medical expired 4 months back but still my medicals showing passed and visa counterfoil shows valid in ircc gckey.

What should I do?
@canuck78 could you please help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

What should I do?
AFAIK, if the visa status still is explicitly mentioned as "Valid", I think you should have no issues landing in Canada. I would let others answer this as well.

Reactions: ram22mar

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
AFAIK, if the visa status still is explicitly mentioned as "Valid", I think you should have no issues landing in Canada. I would let others answer this as well.
Thanks for your support. Others , please let me know your suggestion

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
hey there. I am in the same situation. I just got my counterfoil stamped and the document shows valid. However, my medical had expired in June, so I renewed it and sent them the acknowledgment. They haven't really updated that and it still shows that the old medical is valid.

I find it risky to fly though. Should I wait for the new medical to be validated? What did you do?

Last edited:

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
hey there. I am in the same situation. I just got my counterfoil stamped and the document shows valid. However, my visa had expired in June, so i renewed it and sent them the acknowledgement. They havent really updated that and it still shows that the old medical is valid.

I find it risky to fly though. Should i wait for the new medical to be validated? What did you do?

As per many, medicals updation in gckey taking more than 1 month due to covid delay. So, please wait.

Since my visa expiring soon, I applied for new one.

What's your visa expiry?

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
As per many, medicals updation in gckey taking more than 1 month due to covid delay. So, please wait.

Since my visa expiring soon, I applied for new one.

What's your visa expiry?
I am sorry I wrote v'isa' expired in my last post instead of medical.

My medical expired in June. My visa is valid till September 2022. My counterfoil says it is still valid somehow, so i am wondering what does this mean!

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
I am sorry I wrote v'isa' expired in my last post instead of medical.

My medical expired in June. My visa is valid till September 2022. My counterfoil says it is still valid somehow, so i am wondering what does this mean!
Earlier itself, I understood your typo in your question.

In my case, my medical expired 8 months ago but still my counterfoil status is valid. Some people said ircc might extended my medicals automatically due to pandemic.

I tried reaching ircc multiple times, they never answered clearly for my situation. But I got generic answer stating medicals are valid for only 12 months. So I doubt that valid counterfoil status is due to technical glitch.

Many told indian immigration officer stopping us in airport if our visa medical status is invalid.
So, I decided not to take risk by planning my travel with that visa.

I think in your case since your visa will be expiring only on sep 2022 , you can wait for couple of months for medical to update and then plan your travel.

I hope ircc will process faster and pandemic will gradually decrease. All the best for your travel

Reactions: bpur87

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
Earlier itself, I understood your typo in your question.

In my case, my medical expired 8 months ago but still my counterfoil status is valid. Some people said ircc might extended my medicals automatically due to pandemic.

I tried reaching ircc multiple times, they never answered clearly for my situation. But I got generic answer stating medicals are valid for only 12 months. So I doubt that valid counterfoil status is due to technical glitch.

Many told indian immigration officer stopping us in airport if our visa medical status is invalid.
So, I decided not to take risk by planning my travel with that visa.

I think in your case since your visa will be expiring only on sep 2022 , you can wait for couple of months for medical to update and then plan your travel.

I hope ircc will process faster and pandemic will gradually decrease. All the best for your travel
Thanks for the reply. I will also not risk it by flying. Will wait.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Your patience will reward you soon
FYI, my medical associated with current TRV was expired in Nov 2020 but even my counterfoil status shows valid till now.

I reached IRCC multiple times but they never answered clearly and stated medical valid for 12 months as general answer. I applied gcms notes a month ago and received it now.

As a suprise, my medicals was renewed for one year due to covid crisis.

Reactions: bpur87

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
FYI, my medical associated with current TRV was expired in Nov 2020 but even my counterfoil status shows valid till now.

I reached IRCC multiple times but they never answered clearly and stated medical valid for 12 months as general answer. I applied gcms notes a month ago and received it now.

As a suprise, my medicals was renewed for one year due to covid crisis.
Oh wow. Does that mean you can fly now? This is good news. I am thinking of ordering GCMS notes for myself as well.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Yes, I can.I will think on it since it's too late for me to get this confirmation. My visa expiring in few days.

But for you, it's really happy news and I hope for you also they might extended medical automatically. That's the reason I reached you to convey this news.

Please order gcms notes and within month you will get it. So you can plan for your journey.