+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience - Feb 2019

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Many people did mention about the "goods to follow" form. In my case visa officer asked about it verbally and I didn't have anything so said I don't have anything and that was it. She also asked how much Canadian dollars we have in cash to make sure it was not more than $10000.
And regarding “Goods accompanying” list how detailed it should be ? What’s the temporary insurance you’re using till you get the health card ? And just curious, where did you find the Pearson Airport’s Service Canada working hours ? I couldn’t find any online. Pardon for the long list.

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
And regarding “Goods accompanying” list how detailed it should be ? What’s the temporary insurance you’re using till you get the health card ? And just curious, where did you find the Pearson Airport’s Service Canada working hours ? I couldn’t find any online. Pardon for the long list.
1. Better list the valuable things(like gold,silver etc,..)
2. Manulife Insurance(many health insurance companies are available too)
3. I didn't find anywhere , it was just by common sense(generally all the offices in canada work M-F 9-5)

Reactions: imeandwhat

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
Yes it is but no one will really ask you about it!
Thanks, but I’ve heard they ask you to show how much funds we are bringing in form of cash, travel cheque, draft or forex/travel card etc... as there is minimum amount required as proof of funds to support ourselves for initial months.. like for two members it is around 15.5K CAD..
So to fulfill that condition I have got Forex card and some cash.. but now someone told me that they are not accepting forex card and cases of rejection are there from border while landing.. so please suggest forex card are valid/acceptable or not for POF condition.. as I have already made the forex card and now changing it to draft will again take conversion charges.. CAD to INR and again INR to CAD :( please help

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks, but I’ve heard they ask you to show how much funds we are bringing in form of cash, travel cheque, draft or forex/travel card etc... as there is minimum amount required as proof of funds to support ourselves for initial months.. l
I'm afraid you are partially correct but entirely misunderstanding the requirement here. So, yes they ask you "how much cash you are carrying" but that is because there is a limit of 10,000 CAD. Anything above that needs to be declared. And hence the question.

Yes, in some very rare cases some people have been asked proof of funds BUT it is not required to be with you. You can always show bank statements in a bank in your home country. So, there is no need to carry either that much cash, or draft or forex travel card. Not sure who advised you that was the requirement.

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
- Also, Is it necessary to get pre-insurance from India. As I plan to get one from Canada once I land there..

- Do I need to make a list of things added in my luggage or cabin bags ?

- Any issue or thing to be followed for the jewellery we will be wearing or carrying with us ?

Reactions: GaurriMangaonkar

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
Thanks yeah misunderstanding or misguidance was there, thank you very much for clearing this. but now as I have already taken out the whole bank amount INT and made Forex card (CAD) of the same, so will that Forex card be acceptable in case they ask for POF, as bank statement will not be there as the account balance is low now..

I will have forex card bank statement to show the balance in the card.

I'm afraid you are partially correct but entirely misunderstanding the requirement here. So, yes they ask you "how much cash you are carrying" but that is because there is a limit of 10,000 CAD. Anything above that needs to be declared. And hence the question.

Yes, in some very rare cases some people have been asked proof of funds BUT it is not required to be with you. You can always show bank statements in a bank in your home country. So, there is no need to carry either that much cash, or draft or forex travel card. Not sure who advised you that was the requirement.

Reactions: Canada Frenzy

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks yeah misunderstanding or misguidance was there, thank you very much for clearing this. but now as I have already taken out the whole bank amount INT and made Forex card (CAD) of the same, so will that Forex card be acceptable in case they ask for POF, as bank statement will not be there as the account balance is low now..

I will have forex card bank statement to show the balance in the card.

It should be fine.

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
- Also, Is it necessary to get pre-insurance from India. As I plan to get one from Canada once I land there..

- Any issue or thing to be followed for the jewellery we will be wearing or carrying with us ?

1.Getting an Insurance in Canada in advance is a good thing. Take it for you and your dependents for first 3-4 months.
2.It would be a good idea.
3.Take bills for all the Jewelry you carry.

GaurriMangaonkar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017

Hey... Even I was thinking of getting an insurance after I land. What have you decided to do?

GaurriMangaonkar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Also, had another silly question. What address do you put in the goods to accompany and follow lists and fund declaration e677 form? Since you won't have a permanent address of Canada before you land..

Also what do you tick from 4 option below in classification type - it won't be former resident nor seasonal, I'm not sure what's beneficiary and settler exactly?

Any advice on this would be really appreciated!

TIA!!

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
Also, had another silly question. What address do you put in the goods to accompany and follow lists and fund declaration e677 form? Since you won't have a permanent address of Canada before you land..

Also what do you tick from 4 option below in classification type - it won't be former resident nor seasonal, I'm not sure what's beneficiary and settler exactly?

Any advice on this would be really appreciated!

TIA!!
I just put my friend’s address as i was going to stay with him. Better you give such address where it will remain same for few months as your card/documents will be sent there..