+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience - Feb 2019

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
When you land in canada, if you get your SIN number at the ariport, thats great, but if you are not in a hurry, go home and have some sleep or take rest. you can go to any Service Canada near your house and get your SIN card. After that, you can go to any Service Ontario and get your Health Card, 1st they will give a document (which will also act like your Health Card), and the Original Health Card will be delivered to you within 15 Days. Also you might consider to go for the G1 Test in designated G1 Test centres so that you can get your G1 Driving License. But you can't drive with G1 Driving License card, you need to have G2 Driving Test in order to Drive.
1 piece of advise, if you have a license in your home country, get a document from your RTC so that you can show that Document in the Test centre which will add that experience in your Canadian Driving License.

PR card will be delivered between 50-60 days in your canadian mailing address eversince you made an entry at the Airport..
Rest all the other cards like health and Driving license takes about 15 days to be delivered.

Enjoy !!
Is that G1 a beginner's driving license?

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
A few landing experiences on Vancouver and Calgary, I read that there is no Service Canada in these airports. I think even Montreal does not have one. It's surprising because Montreal and Vancouver are 2 of the biggest cities in Canada after Toronto and they don't have one.

It is only found in Toronto airport.
Okay

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
if suppose you want to get Services Canada done in Airport, then best suggestion would be to land first in Toronto and have atleast 5 hour transit time so you can catch your next flight on time to whatever city it is!!!
Ya anyway, i will go to Toronto only but there is no rule to land in toronto only for getting the SIN done, it can be done anywhere in Service Canada offices and it hardly takes any time from any city.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Ya anyway, i will go to Toronto only but there is no rule to land in toronto only for getting the SIN done, it can be done anywhere in Service Canada offices and it hardly takes any time from any city.
Exactly!! you can land anywhere as you wish but I am saying that some just prefer to land in Toronto to get that SIN so they can straight head to bank next day!!

I have noticed many prefer to land in Toronto, not surprised at all!!

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Exactly!! you can land anywhere as you wish but I am saying that some just prefer to land in Toronto to get that SIN so they can straight head to bank next day!!

I have noticed many prefer to land in Toronto, not surprised at all!!
I meant I will stay also in Toronto.

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
Weather is dynamic... It snowed moments ago and the sun is brightly shinning now... All I would say is to mentally prepare yourself for cold!!! We had a friend who was kind enough to share his house with us as he is temporarily out of town... so everythings great!
Hi Rajesh

congrats on ur landing. can you help me with my query

I have received my PPR in Feb and its asking me to submit confirmed travel tickets along with it. It also mentions that I must travel between Jan - March period. Is this normal or some rules changed recently? My medicals validity is till Sept 2019 so can I travel in May after I receive my COPR instead of march period ?

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Rajesh

I have received my PPR in Feb and its asking me to submit confirmed travel tickets along with it. It also mentions that I must travel between Jan - March period. Is this normal or some rules changed recently? My medicals validity is till Sept 2019 so can I travel in May after I receive my COPR instead of march period ?

Do you mean is it mentioned on your PPR email??? Seniors please help this person. I am hearing it for the first time!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Do you mean is it mentioned on your PPR email??? Seniors please help this person. I am hearing it for the first time!
Hi Rajesh

Agreed. I have never seen this before.

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
yes mentioned in the mail. is it possible for you to share your PPR mail (after hiding your personal information). Maybe I am just getting confused with the information in the PPR mail .
Although I followed the instructions and have booked the tickets and sent them along the passport and got my passport back with stamped visa. The expiry of the visa is same as my medical test expiry (Sept 2019). So was wondering if I can change my tickets now to the a later date to travel during summer time .
is there a way I can contact CIC (email id or phone) and confirm this ?

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
1.Yes You can. Its better you split the money into half($3K+$3K) for you and spouse. Regarding jewelry yes you can take a fair amount. In our case we took around 80 grams(10 sovereigns) but you can take more if you want. But make sure you don't take way too much... like 500 grams(even if you have) , if you do you ,may have to pay import duty. Make sure you carry bills for your jewelry, if you dont have them, please go to a nearby jeweler and get an estimate with their seal.

2. SIN is applicable for any one. Even if you have a baby. Cos my baby got SIN too.
Dear Rajesh,

Did you submit the "Goods to Follow" list to the Canadian Customs?
Is it necessary to submit this document if you are doing only a soft landing? Can we submit the "Goods to Follow" list later, when we finally shift to Canada?

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Dear Rajesh,

Did you submit the "Goods to Follow" list to the Canadian Customs?
Is it necessary to submit this document if you are doing only a soft landing? Can we submit the "Goods to Follow" list later, when we finally shift to Canada?

Many people did mention about the "goods to follow" form. In my case visa officer asked about it verbally and I didn't have anything so said I don't have anything and that was it. She also asked how much Canadian dollars we have in cash to make sure it was not more than $10000.

Reactions: gokul.chandran