NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2019
Passport Req..
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
11-09-2021
A big NO NO!
The whole point of EE is to allow people to settle in Canada ,not just to get a fiticious status that they won't use on the long term.

Now if you need to do a soft landing and return back home to finish some business, I mentioned above what you can do to return and kind of proof you can offer.

BUT, If you got a friend of yours or relative who you trust with this precious plastic piece, then you can notify IRCC of your address once you land in Canada and they can forward it to that address. Once they receive it they can push it to you in courier service overseas. Am not recommending this as it kinda twist the rules and regulations of IRCC but others have done it here in the forum , a simple search for their threads would open your eyes to their experience.
I had been under the impression that it was fairly alright to do that. I had initially thought of staying until I could get the PR card but then since I'd get like 2 weeks off from work for the soft landing, I thought I could ask my friend (I trust him to do it responsibly) to send it by courier and when my contract expires in a few months I can finally properly migrate. Reading your response, I think I'll have to search the forum again!

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks very helpful!! I'm actually impressed by Cathay Pacific. Seems like a great flight.

I am planning to land in Vancouver when I receive my PPR, I assume the procedure will be same there but I don't think there is a Services Canada in Vancouver Airport?

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Good evening guys!

I would like to write about my landing experience on Feb 15th 2019. You can find my detailed timeline below.

I started on Feb 15th @ 02:00 AM from India. I have booked my trip to Toronto via Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific) & the flight was great. My transit time in Hong Kong was just 1 hour. My first flight reached Hong Kong 30 minutes early(Great right?!!!). I just had to walk to my Toronto flight's terminal and board the flight. Flight from Hong Kong to Toronto was very looooooong and tiring. But still awesome. I reached Toronto 15 mins earlier than the promised time. Ok! enough flight stories! Let me come to the point.

The moment we landed in Pearson airport, there were 2 gates to choose. One is for people who are arriving and the other one is for people who are heading to their next flight.Obviously we have to go to the first option.I had to walk past few terminals and I came to immigration department. Automatic kiosk is the first step in the process. You need to scan your passports there. For people above 18 years , the machine will take a picture of you and you will get a receipt. Take that to the next counter where the officer will verify the passports and the receipt that you have taken from the kiosk.

Next head to the third and final counter where the officer will verify your passports and COPR documents and ask you basic questions like "Do you have more than $10000 in cash?" etc... Once you give answers and passports they will ask you to wait(for like 10-15 mins). Then the same officer will call you and take a signature from you on the COPR copies and retain one with them(the one with your photo) and give you the second one.They will warmly welcome you and your family to Canada and advise you that you , if you have to leave Canada before getting your PR card you would need a visa to enter again. That's it! we're done and we're in!

Next and most important step of all is the creation of your SIN number. But this is only applicable for immigrants who land during business hours. I have planned my travel such that I land during 9AM - 5PM Monday - Friday. Services Canada is adjacent to the third and final immigration counter. Just go there with your COPR and passports they will take care of the rest. You would get your SIN number in less than 5 minutes. Head to your check-in baggage counter and happily walk outside the airport to take a taxi to your temporary residence/hotel.

Overall I would say that the immigration process is fast and friendly. Sorry for too much details & hope this helps!
Congrats, and wish you all the best in your new home....

How did you find the weather to be? Are you finding it hard to go around (looking for long-term accommodation, settling down...etc) during this time of year in Toronto?

I am just hearing that the weather is really bad these days.

Thanks

Reactions: Rajesh Durai

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Good evening guys!

I would like to write about my landing experience on Feb 15th 2019. You can find my detailed timeline below.

I started on Feb 15th @ 02:00 AM from India. I have booked my trip to Toronto via Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific) & the flight was great. My transit time in Hong Kong was just 1 hour. My first flight reached Hong Kong 30 minutes early(Great right?!!!). I just had to walk to my Toronto flight's terminal and board the flight. Flight from Hong Kong to Toronto was very looooooong and tiring. But still awesome. I reached Toronto 15 mins earlier than the promised time. Ok! enough flight stories! Let me come to the point.

The moment we landed in Pearson airport, there were 2 gates to choose. One is for people who are arriving and the other one is for people who are heading to their next flight.Obviously we have to go to the first option.I had to walk past few terminals and I came to immigration department. Automatic kiosk is the first step in the process. You need to scan your passports there. For people above 18 years , the machine will take a picture of you and you will get a receipt. Take that to the next counter where the officer will verify the passports and the receipt that you have taken from the kiosk.

Next head to the third and final counter where the officer will verify your passports and COPR documents and ask you basic questions like "Do you have more than $10000 in cash?" etc... Once you give answers and passports they will ask you to wait(for like 10-15 mins). Then the same officer will call you and take a signature from you on the COPR copies and retain one with them(the one with your photo) and give you the second one.They will warmly welcome you and your family to Canada and advise you that you , if you have to leave Canada before getting your PR card you would need a visa to enter again. That's it! we're done and we're in!

Next and most important step of all is the creation of your SIN number. But this is only applicable for immigrants who land during business hours. I have planned my travel such that I land during 9AM - 5PM Monday - Friday. Services Canada is adjacent to the third and final immigration counter. Just go there with your COPR and passports they will take care of the rest. You would get your SIN number in less than 5 minutes. Head to your check-in baggage counter and happily walk outside the airport to take a taxi to your temporary residence/hotel.

Overall I would say that the immigration process is fast and friendly. Sorry for too much details & hope this helps!
Did you book temporary accommodation through airbnb? Have you sorted out a long term accommodation yet?

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
Congrats, and wish you all the best in your new home....

How did you find the weather to be? Are you finding it hard to go around (looking for long-term accommodation, settling down...etc) during this time of year in Toronto?

I am just hearing that the weather is really bad these days.

Thanks

Weather is dynamic... It snowed moments ago and the sun is brightly shinning now... All I would say is to mentally prepare yourself for cold!!! We had a friend who was kind enough to share his house with us as he is temporarily out of town... so everythings great!

Reactions: RR9187

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I had been under the impression that it was fairly alright to do that. I had initially thought of staying until I could get the PR card but then since I'd get like 2 weeks off from work for the soft landing, I thought I could ask my friend (I trust him to do it responsibly) to send it by courier and when my contract expires in a few months I can finally properly migrate. Reading your response, I think I'll have to search the forum again!
If you can manage to do this way ,then yes by all means do it . IRCC won't hold it against you If you went back after getting your PR card. However, don't forget about the residency obligations which is mandated by law and will be reviewed after five years when time comes for PR card renewal.

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
1.Yes You can. Its better you split the money into half($3K+$3K) for you and spouse. Regarding jewelry yes you can take a fair amount. In our case we took around 80 grams(10 sovereigns) but you can take more if you want. But make sure you don't take way too much... like 500 grams(even if you have) , if you do you ,may have to pay import duty. Make sure you carry bills for your jewelry, if you dont have them, please go to a nearby jeweler and get an estimate with their seal.

2. SIN is applicable for any one. Even if you have a baby. Cos my baby got SIN too.
what are the benefits of SIN like is it necessary for work or must for everyone who lives in Canada?
Another one is, how can you arrange your accommodation before arrivals and which affordable city in Ontario is best to live and work

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
what are the benefits of SIN like is it necessary for work or must for everyone who lives in Canada?
Another one is, how can you arrange your accommodation before arrivals and which affordable city in Ontario is best to live and work
SIN is like your ID in Canada, you use it to pay taxes, open bank accounts, receive social and health benefits. It's mandatory to have If you wana have a normal life like 99.999% of people. You can avail to it as in this thread or through any Service Canada location across the nation.

Airbnb have some hidden gems that you can rent for the first few months till you land a job , get your PR card. I always use it in my foreign travels and it never failed me.

Reactions: sweethoney

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
I've heard that when landing in Toronto it is a very long queue to immigration officer for making all immigration formalities and can take about 4 hours to wait for your turn. What was your waiting time?

Rajesh Durai

Dec 29, 2012
I've heard that when landing in Toronto it is a very long queue to immigration officer for making all immigration formalities and can take about 4 hours to wait for your turn. What was your waiting time?
Depending on the time you arrive. In my experience all my formalities including SIN creation completed in less than 3 hours.

shehzad_7866

Jul 30, 2014
When you land in canada, if you get your SIN number at the ariport, thats great, but if you are not in a hurry, go home and have some sleep or take rest. you can go to any Service Canada near your house and get your SIN card. After that, you can go to any Service Ontario and get your Health Card, 1st they will give a document (which will also act like your Health Card), and the Original Health Card will be delivered to you within 15 Days. Also you might consider to go for the G1 Test in designated G1 Test centres so that you can get your G1 Driving License. But you can't drive with G1 Driving License card, you need to have G2 Driving Test in order to Drive.
1 piece of advise, if you have a license in your home country, get a document from your RTC so that you can show that Document in the Test centre which will add that experience in your Canadian Driving License.

PR card will be delivered between 50-60 days in your canadian mailing address eversince you made an entry at the Airport..
Rest all the other cards like health and Driving license takes about 15 days to be delivered.

Enjoy !!

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks very helpful!! I'm actually impressed by Cathay Pacific. Seems like a great flight.

I am planning to land in Vancouver when I receive my PPR, I assume the procedure will be same there but I don't think there is a Services Canada in Vancouver Airport?
Why will there be no counter of Service Canada on Vancouver airport, i guess there is, Toronto & Vancouver are the hubs.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Why will there be no counter of Service Canada on Vancouver airport, i guess there is, Toronto & Vancouver are the hubs.
A few landing experiences on Vancouver and Calgary, I read that there is no Service Canada in these airports. I think even Montreal does not have one. It's surprising because Montreal and Vancouver are 2 of the biggest cities in Canada after Toronto and they don't have one.

It is only found in Toronto airport.