+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto (YYZ)

kvn20

Nov 17, 2017
U gave a very detailed explanation and covered all the points..thank u so much... I have a doubt,we are going with family pr,myself,husband and son.u mentioned few where asked some other documents,what was it? Our original marriage certificate is lost and has only the notary attested one which we had sent with the application.Will this be a problem? Will it be
P.S. Though I wasn't asked anything i carried every relevant document including all of the ones I used in my application. I noticed few others being asked to shows some documents so it's safer to be prepared.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
U gave a very detailed explanation and covered all the points..thank u so much... I have a doubt,we are going with family pr,myself,husband and son.u mentioned few where asked some other documents,what was it? Our original marriage certificate is lost and has only the notary attested one which we had sent with the application.Will this be a problem? Will it be
Marriage Certificate is generally not asked by CBSA agents. Carry photocopy/xerox or print out of scanned copy if you have one.

You might need it later so getting a duplicate would be a good idea.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Hi Rookiemistake,

One question if you an please answer that. I see a lot if people complaining that IRCC sent them a mail to say that their photographs do not match specifications. So my question is when do we submit our photographs to CIC. Is it at airport ? Or do we go to Service Canada later and submit an application.

Regards
Kuldeep.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Well, when I submitted our passport when I received the passport request from Canadian embassy in Delhi, I submitted 2 photos and both of them came back. One was affixed to the CoPR and the other came back in the same plastic pouch I sent it in. Wondering if they
No, the photographs for the initial PR card were submitted from you when you first apply. IRCC just didn't prioritize whether the photograph were up to specification before you land.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

thanks for sharing the landing experience. I am planning to land by the end of Jan. 18 and headed towards New brunswick as my final destinations. Your post will help indeed.

I am planning to do the soft landing for a week and then come back to dubai however my wife will stay in canada for the couple of months. The reason is to get the PR cards and then she can travel back. I have got the PNP nomination and will land in New brunswick and will apply for PR card however my wife will stay in Winnipeg with her friend.

1. Will there be an issue if i provide the address of Winnipeg and not any place of New brunswick keeping in mind the PNP restrictions, will they deliver the cards there?

2. Can we inform the officer at the airport that we are comming for a short stay and will move permanently later?

3. some body asked before also, i have a property in my wife's name back home in Pakistan which we have not declared when applying as doesn't think required since my bank balance was justifying the minimum requirement. Now we plan to sell this property and buy a house in NB, canada. This will take time to sell the property and transfer the funds, can i mention this on the goods to follow list that XXX amount will be transferred later during 2018 before i move permanently to canada. Do i have to pay tax and i hope this does not come under misrepresentation during the application stage.

would be grateful, if you can help in answering the above.

Best Regards,

Reactions: Ali.reze

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the details buddy! Planning for my landing in less than 3 months!

Reactions: Wandering Mind

tundysho

Sep 30, 2017
IS there a way to confirm if the passport we re submitting meets specifications in order to avoid the delays caused by requesting a new passports.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Well, when I submitted our passport when I received the passport request from Canadian embassy in Delhi, I submitted 2 photos and both of them came back. One was affixed to the CoPR and the other came back in the same plastic pouch I sent it in. Wondering if they
The photos were scanned before they were returned.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

thanks for sharing the landing experience. I am planning to land by the end of Jan. 18 and headed towards New brunswick as my final destinations. Your post will help indeed.

I am planning to do the soft landing for a week and then come back to dubai however my wife will stay in canada for the couple of months. The reason is to get the PR cards and then she can travel back. I have got the PNP nomination and will land in New brunswick and will apply for PR card however my wife will stay in Winnipeg with her friend.

1. Will there be an issue if i provide the address of Winnipeg and not any place of New brunswick keeping in mind the PNP restrictions, will they deliver the cards there?

2. Can we inform the officer at the airport that we are comming for a short stay and will move permanently later?

3. some body asked before also, i have a property in my wife's name back home in Pakistan which we have not declared when applying as doesn't think required since my bank balance was justifying the minimum requirement. Now we plan to sell this property and buy a house in NB, canada. This will take time to sell the property and transfer the funds, can i mention this on the goods to follow list that XXX amount will be transferred later during 2018 before i move permanently to canada. Do i have to pay tax and i hope this does not come under misrepresentation during the application stage.

would be grateful, if you can help in answering the above.

Best Regards,
1) not sure. If doesn't work, she can get a ups box, give the ups address to IRCC and have pr card deliver to Winnipeg through the box address.
2) sure
3) you cannot mention this in goods to follow form. You don't need to disclose this before you permanently moved to Canada. No tax and no misrepresentation. No worries!

sstarrgazerr

Jan 9, 2018
Hi @RookieMistake,

Thanks for such a detailed explanation. Toronto will be my POE in April. I have a silly question, perhaps someone on this thread know the answer. Since I have connecting flight to Calgary on the same day, what happens to my baggage? :) Normally, baggage is being transferred to the connecting flight automatically. How will I show it to the customs officer if so?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Hi @RookieMistake,

Thanks for such a detailed explanation. Toronto will be my POE in April. I have a silly question, perhaps someone on this thread know the answer. Since I have connecting flight to Calgary on the same day, what happens to my baggage? :) Normally, baggage is being transferred to the connecting flight automatically. How will I show it to the customs officer if so?
Even if normally you wouldn't see your luggage until your final destination, CBSA can request the airline to pull it for inspection before it is allowed to continue. This may cause you a small delay. Make sure you have a good amount of time between connections. I'm not familiar with Toronto airport. Others can speak to that.

Reactions: sstarrgazerr