+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

devssarkar

Sep 14, 2015
I will be doing my first landing next week in Toronto. I am hoping everything will be alright, after that I will update my experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
blacky said:
Raj, thanks for the "UPDATE"

Its our decision to migrate to Canada and no one has the right to discourage us.
A friend of mine landed around 1.5 months back. Ontario. He got a contract job for 6 months in his 2nd week as Permanent Resident but he rejected it (because the job was in Calgary). Today, he pings to tell that he has got a permanent, full-time job in his own field (the position completely matches his experience). He also said the job is "well paid" (I didn't ask him how much).

He is a winner and we can be one too! Remember the lyrics in the song "I believe I can fly"!

"If I can see it, then I can be it.
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly.."

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
A friend of mine landed around 1.5 months back. Ontario. He got a contract job for 6 months in his 2nd week as Permanent Resident but he rejected it (because the job was in Calgary). Today, he pings to tell that he has got a permanent, full-time job in his own field (the position completely matches his experience). He also said the job is "well paid" (I didn't ask him how much).

He is a winner and we can be one too! Remember the lyrics in the song "I believe I can fly"!

"If I can see it, then I can be it.
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly.."

Hello Raj,

Thanks for your positive, nice advice, updates and encouraging posts at this thread / forum.
Keep it up Bro. (+1 for you)

Thank you again and wish you all the best.

Regards,

hmisabpk

devssarkar

Sep 14, 2015
I finally completed my first landing in Toronto - it is a short visit (4 days). The immigration process was very easy and fast.

When I landed in Toronto, at the first immigration counter, I was asked to show the declaration form.

They asked what is the purpose of my visit, I said I have Canadian Permanent residency, and I am visiting, then they asked if I have any goods to follow, and I said yes. Then they asked me if it was my first time, in Canada, I said yes. Then they directed me towards the area where new immigrants were being registered. The queue was quite less, and all the counters had immigration officers, and in no time I was called by one of them.

The officer was very friendly and asked me to give him my passport, flight no. and COPR form. Then he asked me if it was my first time, in Canada, I said yes. He asked me what would be my local address, I gave him an address in Calgary. Then he asked me, if I am going to Calgary, I said yes. Then he asked me if I was married, I said no. His second question was, if I was having any criminal records, I said no. Then he asked me how much funds I was carrying, I said is had some in cash, and rest in bank statements and fixed deposit from India. He said he only wants to know how much cash I was carrying.

Then, he asked me to sign the COPR and welcomed me to Canada saying, I am officially a Canadian resident! :D (It took hardly 20 minutes!)

Then he directed me towards the SIN counter which was right behind. On my way, a nice lady at "New to Canada" counter asked if I was student, but I said I was immigrant, and she asked me what was my final destination - I said Calgary. Then she, took down my details from the COPR and asked what was my first language. Then she gave me a guidebook on new immigrants.

Then I went on to the SIN counter, the officer asked for my passport and my COPR. He asked if I was going to stay in Toronto, I said I was flying to Calgary, and he asked me the timings of my flight. While filling up the SIN form, he asked me if I had a twin brother or sister, I said no. Then, he printed my SIN details, and said only to share the number for employment purpose, taxation, but not for rent etc. This was over in 5-10 minutes only.

Then, I moved on to the customs, and they directed me towards the designated area for new immigrants. I had already filled 3 copies of B4 forms, one for first landing, and 2 for goods to follow later. The officer was very nice, and took the declaration form, and asked me what I had with me right then, and what was going to come later. I explained some of the stuff I had right now, which I will bring later again. Then, she asked whether I was going to use any cargo company to get my stuff sent to Canada later, I said I will carry them, if I can, but I can use an importer to get my stuff. So, she stamped both the papers of my "Goods to follow" list, and said next time I was coming to Canada, I should bring that form along with me.

And that was it! It hardly took an hour for me to get over with the entire process!! I am just thrilled! ;D

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
devssarkar said:
I finally completed my first landing in Toronto - it is a short visit (4 days). The immigration process was very easy and fast.

When I landed in Toronto, at the first immigration counter, I was asked to show the declaration form.

They asked what is the purpose of my visit, I said I have Canadian Permanent residency, and I am visiting, then they asked if I have any goods to follow, and I said yes. Then they asked me if it was my first time, in Canada, I said yes. Then they directed me towards the area where new immigrants were being registered. The queue was quite less, and all the counters had immigration officers, and in no time I was called by one of them.

The officer was very friendly and asked me to give him my passport, flight no. and COPR form. Then he asked me if it was my first time, in Canada, I said yes. He asked me what would be my local address, I gave him an address in Calgary. Then he asked me, if I am going to Calgary, I said yes. Then he asked me if I was married, I said no. His second question was, if I was having any criminal records, I said no. Then he asked me how much funds I was carrying, I said is had some in cash, and rest in bank statements and fixed deposit from India. He said he only wants to know how much cash I was carrying.

Then, he asked me to sign the COPR and welcomed me to Canada saying, I am officially a Canadian resident! :D (It took hardly 20 minutes!)

Then he directed me towards the SIN counter which was right behind. On my way, a nice lady at "New to Canada" counter asked if I was student, but I said I was immigrant, and she asked me what was my final destination - I said Calgary. Then she, took down my details from the COPR and asked what was my first language. Then she gave me a guidebook on new immigrants.

Then I went on to the SIN counter, the officer asked for my passport and my COPR. He asked if I was going to stay in Toronto, I said I was flying to Calgary, and he asked me the timings of my flight. While filling up the SIN form, he asked me if I had a twin brother or sister, I said no. Then, he printed my SIN details, and said only to share the number for employment purpose, taxation, but not for rent etc. This was over in 5-10 minutes only.

Then, I moved on to the customs, and they directed me towards the designated area for new immigrants. I had already filled 3 copies of B4 forms, one for first landing, and 2 for goods to follow later. The officer was very nice, and took the declaration form, and asked me what I had with me right then, and what was going to come later. I explained some of the stuff I had right now, which I will bring later again. Then, she asked whether I was going to use any cargo company to get my stuff sent to Canada later, I said I will carry them, if I can, but I can use an importer to get my stuff. So, she stamped both the papers of my "Goods to follow" list, and said next time I was coming to Canada, I should bring that form along with me.

And that was it! It hardly took an hour for me to get over with the entire process!! I am just thrilled! ;D
Wonderful! Thanks a lot for taking time to share your experience! +1

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devssarkar said:

When I landed in Toronto, at the first immigration counter,...........And that was it! It hardly took an hour for me to get over with the entire process!! I am just thrilled! ;D
Welcome !

Thank you for sharing your landing experience !

Sab

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Welcome Bro. To Canada

devssarkar said:
I finally completed my first landing in Toronto - I am just thrilled! ;D

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You can check the following step by step process if you are planning to buy a house.

Homebuying Step by Step

CMHC's Homebuying Step by Step guide is here to make things easier for you by providing the information you need to make a wise homebuying decision. This section provides examples and worksheets that will guide you through the entire homebuying process, from the moment you make the decision to buy your own home to the moment the movers carry the first box through the front door. It couldn't be easier!

In this Section:

Step 1: Is Homeownership Right for You?
Buying a home is one of the biggest emotional and financial decisions you'll ever make. Prepare by learning about the process of home buying and the responsibilities of homeownership.

Step 2: Are You Financially Ready?
This step guides you through some simple calculations to figure out your current financial situation, and the maximum home price that you should consider.

Step 3: Which Home is Right for You?
Once you have a good idea about your finances, you’ll need to think clearly about the home you’d like to buy. You need to think about your current and future housing needs and what characteristics are important to you in a home.

Step 4: The Buying Process
Before you start searching for a home you need to think about your current and future housing needs and what characteristics are important to you in a home.

Step 5: Now That You're a Homeowner
Practical advice for homeowners on their financial responsibilities as well as the importance of home maintenance and renovations.
Words to Know When Buying a Home
This glossary provides simple yet accurate definitions of certain terms you may encounter in the Homebuying Step by Step guide.
Worksheets
These user-friendly checklists and worksheets will help you all throughout the home buying process.

also visit https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/buho/hostst/
https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/odpub/pdf/60946.pdf

Credit Report :
https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/newcomers/pdfs/English/B13.pdf

We can also assist you in this regards, you can visit us at www.saweraproperty.ca or email info@saweraproperty.ca

hope that helps,

Sab

Esha Sri

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad04 said:
Rightly said bro!
Well said bro-Raj. I came here in Dec 2015 just with a suitcase leaving my husband and two sons back home. Hard work and persistence will never fail. I struggled for three months and landed in my first job. In all fairness, within 5 months my family was here in Canada. All is well now.

This white land did not let me fail! Well, if you don't plan then you are planning to fail. Please PM, I will do my best to refer you for a suitable job in Toronto.

Btw, I am here on a WP and my PR is in progress and will land soon in Gods grace.

Be optimistic,
Esha Sri

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
devssarkar said:

Just dreaming when I'll be able to pass through all these processes!!!

umassd

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (likely)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport on Jan 18, 2017 (short landing, stayed 4 days)

Completed the declaration card on the flight. Upon arrival at the airport the immigration officer asked the purpose for my visit. Since I had left the number of days I will stay in Canada cell blank, she was a little ticked-off. I explained her that I am here to complete the landing procedure so was not sure what to put. She entered a capital I. She asked me if I have a detailed list of good to follow; I answered affirmatively and she then directed me to the secondary. There was a small line so took me about 20 min before I was called by another officer. She was really nice and asked me why was I sent to secondary. I showed her my COPR and she updated my flight information on COPR and asked me to sign it. She asked why are my kids not accompanying me and if I have a spouse. She also asked about the funds I had on me. I told her that I have $500 CAD cash and a letter from my bank confirming I have sufficient funds. She did not bother to see any of that. She then asked for an address where they can send the PR Card. I provided her my friend's address. It took her a while to update in the system as GCMS at first did not accept the address. She asked for help and was able to figure it out. After few minutes she handed back to me my passport and a signed copy of COPR and welcomed me to Canada. She asked me to keep my COPR with my passport until I get my PR Card and after that put it away in a safe place as I will need for my citizenship application. I inquired about SIN and Service Canada desk; she informed me that they no longer have a service desk at the airport due to construction so I should just google nearest location once I get to my destination in Canada.

From there I was directed to customs, where I informed the agent that I have goods-to-follow so I was directed to secondary. There was no line so I was called right away. The officer asked for copy of COPR and list of goods to follow. Thanks to this forum, I had a detailed list and two copies. The officer quickly updated information in the system, stamped my list of goods-to-follow and printed a receipt that showed I owed no duty/taxes on the goods. It took about 15 minutes as due to error she had to create a second receipt. She then walked me to exit and wished me all the best.

Since I was staying downtown I took UP express to union station. Walked to my hotel and dropped off my luggage and took subway to city hall. Told the agent that I am here to apply for SIN. He asked me for papers; showed him COPR stapled to my passport. He gave me a number and a form to complete. My number was called within 20 minutes. It took 10 minutes to make sure my landing records were updated in the system. The agent generated a SIN for me and explained how it works.

I stayed in Toronto for four days; visited lot of places and found people to be really friendly. Spoke with many people and learned a lot about the city. Overall a very pleasant experience. I want to thank you all and this forum for sharing information and guiding me throughout this process.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
umassd said:
Landed in Toronto Pearson International Airport on Jan 18, 2017 (short landing, stayed 4 days)

Completed the declaration card on the flight. Upon arrival at the airport the immigration officer asked the purpose for my visit. Since I had left the number of days I will stay in Canada cell blank, she was a little ticked-off. I explained her that I am here to complete the landing procedure so was not sure what to put. She entered a capital I. She asked me if I have a detailed list of good to follow; I answered affirmatively and she then directed me to the secondary. There was a small line so took me about 20 min before I was called by another officer. She was really nice and asked me why was I sent to secondary. I showed her my COPR and she updated my flight information on COPR and asked me to sign it. She asked why are my kids not accompanying me and if I have a spouse. She also asked about the funds I had on me. I told her that I have $500 CAD cash and a letter from my bank confirming I have sufficient funds. She did not bother to see any of that. She then asked for an address where they can send the PR Card. I provided her my friend's address. It took her a while to update in the system as GCMS at first did not accept the address. She asked for help and was able to figure it out. After few minutes she handed back to me my passport and a signed copy of COPR and welcomed me to Canada. She asked me to keep my COPR with my passport until I get my PR Card and after that put it away in a safe place as I will need for my citizenship application. I inquired about SIN and Service Canada desk; she informed me that they no longer have a service desk at the airport due to construction so I should just google nearest location once I get to my destination in Canada.

From there I was directed to customs, where I informed the agent that I have goods-to-follow so I was directed to secondary. There was no line so I was called right away. The officer asked for copy of COPR and list of goods to follow. Thanks to this forum, I had a detailed list and two copies. The officer quickly updated information in the system, stamped my list of goods-to-follow and printed a receipt that showed I owed no duty/taxes on the goods. It took about 15 minutes as due to error she had to create a second receipt. She then walked me to exit and wished me all the best.

Since I was staying downtown I took UP express to union station. Walked to my hotel and dropped off my luggage and took subway to city hall. Told the agent that I am here to apply for SIN. He asked me for papers; showed him COPR stapled to my passport. He gave me a number and a form to complete. My number was called within 20 minutes. It took 10 minutes to make sure my landing records were updated in the system. The agent generated a SIN for me and explained how it works.

I stayed in Toronto for four days; visited lot of places and found people to be really friendly. Spoke with many people and learned a lot about the city. Overall a very pleasant experience. I want to thank you all and this forum for sharing information and guiding me throughout this process.
That's great! Congrats on your successful landing