Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
ali.naeem said:
I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.

My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & especially from US while heading towards to toronto?

Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.

Not for UK but surely u require visa for US even for transit also......

arp78

May 10, 2010
I got stamped PP. I am planning to land in May/June. Need guidance regarding further study in canada.

Do we need IELTS (academic) if we want to study further, since we have got PR?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thunder said:
Dear hmisabpk sir
should we need english id cards from pakistan while coming to canada?
Regards
Hi Thunder,

If you mean Pakistan National ID card (Nadra Card). You don't need for anything except Pakistani Passport or NICOP renewal. So it is not required to do English translation.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahen82 said:
Dear Hmisabpk
Ok. I will check with them for the letters. Just another query to you, once we do the Credential Assessment with WES, do we have to do the redo the assessment through CASW(Canadian Association for Social Workers) in order to get registered as Professional Social Worker in Canada. Please suggest.
Mahen82
Hi Mahen82,

One time Credential Assessment will work for both.

regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ali.naeem said:
Hi,
These days the processing time is 54 calendar days for New landed permanent residents. My question in general how much time these days CIC take to mail our PR cards to our mailing address.
Because I am planning to give my landing and return back as I have to settle-down my affairs. If I did not received my PR card within 30 days, so travel document is enough for me & my family to return & enter Canada as second time.
Thank you in advance for clarifying this point.
Regards,
Ali Naeem
ali.naeem said:
I want to travel from riyadh to toronto, from here there is no direct flight all are via london to toronto and in summer (July - august) all connecting from London to US & then toronto.
My question is do I need to obtain visa during my transit in london & especially from US while heading towards to toronto?
Please note that during this journey airlines is also getting change.
Hi Ali Naeem,

I second dubaiite.

1. PR card will take about 8+ weeks to arrive at your address.
2. You can give someone address and they can send your card to KSA
3. If no one to courier you than travel documents will work.
4. From Riyadh to Toronto via Landon (UK) you don’t need transit visa for USA sure you need it.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arp78 said:
I got stamped PP. I am planning to land in May/June. Need guidance regarding further study in canada.

Do we need IELTS (academic) if we want to study further, since we have got PR?
Hi arp78,

No your IELTS will be OK for 2 years, and will be acceptable for Study.

In case it is expire you can attend the college / university English assessment or Canadian benchmark or IELTS if they will ask you to do it again.

hope that helps,

himsabpk

bee10

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with the application to CIO
AOR Received.
28-February-2010
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
end of 2011
Hi hmisbpk!
We just landed in Toronto last feb 13..everything went out smoothly ..
In our home address in the declaration card we forgot to write EAST...it should be EAST TORONTO..the rest is complete, the apartment number, building number, zip code..
My worry is there might be a problem in the mailing of the PR card..
Please advise me what to do..thanks!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bee10 said:
Hi hmisbpk!
We just landed in Toronto last feb 13..everything went out smoothly ..
In our home address in the declaration card we forgot to write EAST...it should be EAST TORONTO..the rest is complete, the apartment number, building number, zip code..
My worry is there might be a problem in the mailing of the PR card..
Please advise me what to do..thanks!
Hi bee10,

Congratulation !!

No worry about address, by postal code they will send on correct address. (NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL)
If you will go for SIN card, your address will be automatically updated on Canada Service system (they are linked/ central)

N.B:
If in case any other issue regarding PR card you may contact or update information:
Should you have any questions, please visit website at
www.cic.go.ca or Contact Call Center at 1-888-242-2100
Postal Address:
Case Processing Center Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia,

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

bee10

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
sent with the application to CIO
AOR Received.
28-February-2010
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
end of 2011
Thank you so much!
So that means everything is ok I will not so anything as of this moment..that's a great relief..
How about health card application, do I need up apply it now or later on? And also the child benefit ??

arp78

May 10, 2010
Thanks

IELTS is expired long ago.

I think good idea is to attend English assessment or Canadian benchmark once we land in Canada than if required take IELTS.
regards
arpan

hmisabpk said:
Hi arp78,

No your IELTS will be OK for 2 years, and will be acceptable for Study.

In case it is expire you can attend the college / university English assessment or Canadian benchmark or IELTS if they will ask you to do it again.

hope that helps,

himsabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bee10 said:
Thank you so much!
So that means everything is ok I will not so anything as of this moment..that's a great relief..
How about health card application, do I need up apply it now or later on? And also the child benefit ??
Hi bee10,

If you have permanent lease on your name, you should apply for Health Card and Child Tax Benefit right-away, OHIP card will be effective after 90 days and CCTB will be also take the same time for process.

details and form on « Reply #917 on: 20-01-2013, 02:37:11 »
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.60.html

hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arp78 said:
Thanks
IELTS is expired long ago.
I think good idea is to attend English assessment or Canadian benchmark once we land in Canada than if required take IELTS.
regards
arpan
Hi arpan,

That is right !!

hmisabpk

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hmisabpk said:
(Reposted with more details)

What is the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)?

The CCTB provides money to eligible families to help them with the costs of raising children.
You have to be eligible to receive the CCTB. One of the requirements is that you are a Canadian resident for tax purposes. (This is not the same as residency for immigration purposes)

How much will I receive?
The CCTB includes a basic benefit, a National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) and a Child Disability Benefit (CDB).

The amount you receive is based on:
• The number of qualified children you have, and their ages;
• Where you live in Canada;
• Your adjusted family net income for the previous tax year; and
• Your child's eligibility for the disability amount.
You can use the Child and Family Benefits Online Calculator to get an estimate of the amount you may receive. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/icbc/simnet/cctbCurrent-e
Many community agencies can help you find information about child and family tax benefits.

Canada child tax benefit (CCTB)
The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. The CCTB may include the
• National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS)
• Child Disability Benefit (CDB)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/menu-eng.html

National Child Benefit (NCBS)
The National Child Benefit is a joint initiative of the federal, provincial, and territorial governments that will:
• help prevent and reduce the depth of child poverty;
• promote attachment to the workforce by ensuring that families will always be better off as a result of working; and
• reduce overlap and duplication of government programs and services.

In July 1998, the Government of Canada enhanced the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) by introducing the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS). This supplement is the federal government's contribution to the National Child Benefit initiative.
The pamphlet entitled Canada Child Benefits contains more information about the National Child Benefit Supplement.
At : http://www.nationalchildbenefit.ca/eng/home.shtml

Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
Use My Account to view specific payment and balance information related to your Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB), GST/HST credit and related provincial and territorial programs

Use Quick Access to view your tax return status, RRSP deduction limit, and the status of your benefit payments

The UCCB is designed to help Canadian families, as they try to balance work and family life, by supporting their child care choices through direct financial support. The UCCB is for children under the age of 6 years and is paid in instalments of $100 per month per child.

Enrolment for the UCCB is processed through the Canada Child Benefits application or by applying online on My Account by using the Apply for child benefits service.

For CCTB application package you will get at the time of landing, it is also available at all neighbourhood office, service Canada, CRA and can be download from like below:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
hello,
whats the procedure to apply for child benefits?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
hello,
whats the procedure to apply for child benefits?
Hi emamabd

If your kids are residing with you in Canada, you are illegible to apply.
Procedure is very simple:
1. Click on application package link : (You may have original form in your welcome package) http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html
2. Download the application form
3. Read instruction, Fill the required information
4. Mail to Sudbury Tax Centre ( if you are in Toronto, other area offices listed on form)
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 5C1

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk