Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
Can any senior forum member advice, safehomestay is ok for temporary stay(5week). I wanna stay in toronto for 5 week to get PR card.
or any other advice is highly appreciated.

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him that at this time I can't get may be it is inside in my luggage, but my consultant address was with me, he don't want the consultant office address. So He gives me the PR form and advised to fill later and send by fax on the number (which was on Form)

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. I then proceeded to customs and the officer checked my passports and asked me the list of the goods to be followed and the goods carried along list. He ask me about the fund how much I am carrying, and in which form, I told him it is cash, CAD $ 11700, then he ask me to take out from envelope and show to him. Then I kept back in my pocket. He checked the list of goods to follow there was jewellery's value about CAD $10k, so he ask me if I have the picture of the jewellery's, I was not having so he told me that get by e-mail and come tomorrow same building outside custom office and officer will stamp on the list and picture too for future use.

6. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 18:35 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and ask the porter to call my transport (Airport pickup) person and keep my trolley on mentioned place. After 20 minuets the car came and picks me and I was reach to my room within 30 minutes.

8. Next day with Gold / jeweler's, picture and goods to follow list I went to the Airport custom office. Officer asks me to use the original forms (I was having the print out download from web site, which was not so clear). I fill the form with totaling the value in CAD Dollar, and brought back to him, he went inside and brought with computerized CBSA printed form and copy of all forms (Luggage with me, Hand carry and Goods to follow List by Cargo and arrive later after 2 week with my spouse and kids)

9. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank CIBC bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant, She open the "CIBC Everyday Chequing account with standard benefits" (The account is Tax free savings account for once year). The debit card allows the CAD $ 500 per day cash withdraw and CAD $1000 purchases.

11. Next I went to Roger shop for Mobile Connection and got the SIM card for 10$ and 10$ air time credit, it prepaid only have to maintain the credit balance 20 $, no monthly fee, pay as you go rechargeable available in all stores, receiving and calling is same rate 39 cent and from 8pm to 8 am 1 cent including weekend (Saturday/Sunday). For International call use the calling card through your mobile or landline it is very cheap.

12. Checking for family apartment is going on in different areas.

13. Continued for the Job search (Please note you would need to modify your Resume to apply jobs in Canada refer www.settlement.org). This is the other side of the picture that our qualification and experience is not much valued, appreciated or accredited in Canada?? (Just my observation in few days)

14. You will start receiving interview calls once you have a Canadian Address and a Canadian contact number on your resume. (I received calls on my cell and the on land line / residence number).

15. Scheduled for an interview today (Saturday 9th May) with a company. But I was unable to attend because of too cold and chill, I requested them to reschedule for Monday. (It is a survival job not related to my profession, and still I don't know what they are going to offer me the job and salary)

16. Weather become very cold after rain, it is between 9-3 C, in Toronto, Good thing to have winter cloths with you before landing (wind chill is -4C and some areas of Ontario the Ice falling started again) .

17. Meet with many people those are straggling with housing and jobs problems, Dollar are flaying very fast from the packet and from hand every day. If you do not have any relative or friend in Canada It better to be go very economical. It will take some time to Adjust, Depend on your profession; it is taking about 6 - 12 month and more in some cases, to get settled properly. You may get survival job to manage but according to your qualification and profession it will take some time to get.

18. Apartments are in different rate from $ 800 – 1500, 1-2 bed room, it is better to see the location and neighborhood before you rent. Mostly People are living in the community, my advice do not rent through internet search because you do not know the area and neighborhood and on Google map every streets looks very beautiful (My personal opinion)
One more thing coming with family without any arrangement will have more expenses, better to come alone and arrange some house or apartment and then family can follow after few weeks, depend on your situation. (This is what I have done, because we do not have any friend or relative in Canada and Consultants are looking to get your all fund and saving at once for their great settlement help).

19. This was my Landing story, (still I am in the guest house, safehomestay, Good people and area is also OK),
please pray for me to get settled ASAP, I am getting tenses how to manages with very tough situation.
I pray for the success and best of luck for all forum members in their cases and future life in Canada.

20. HOPE IT WILL HELP TO THOS ARE PLANNING TO LAND IN FEW WEEKS. REMEMBER THAT IN TORONTO THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE (LIKE US) ARE COMING FROM HOT WEATHER COUNTRIES (GULF OR ASIA)
WITH BEST WISHES
:)

HMISABPK

how much did u spend on the room and how many days

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 send with application
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Brother Misbah !

When ever i think to write to you, Pakistani Cricket team captain Misbah Hits my mind first :D
Hope u dont mind.

Brother i have 2 question to bother you....

1. As you know i am very much close to my Landing at Canada by the Grace of Allah as i already submitted my PPR-1, while exploring things about Canada i reach a website "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca" and then immigrant settlement services center at "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/map/ontario-list.asp" , I just want to ask what is the difference between them and which one is better ?

Brother as i told you that i have no friends/relatives there .............so after a long hard search I finalized Thorncliffe park drive as my destination. I explore all ares of Thorncliffe park drive from maps.google.com and find popular places e.g Iqbal kabab and sweet center, Tim Hilton , toronto public libraty etc. and also enjoy the street view of this location :). Roads e.g Eglinton Ave, Lawrance Ave and Thorncliffe touch someroad name like "overlu bla" (forget the exact name) :) I hope my search/exploring is right ?...is it ?

Secondly i also get to some rooms offered for sharing at Thorncliffe park drive from kijiji.ca . Please find the link and let me know about the place and location. I mean close to subway/markets/some service center etc.
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-Brand-new-house-a-room-4-rent-400-00-only-W0QQAdIdZ400684876
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-480-dollars-lLooking-to-share-a-room-in-3-bedroom-apartment-W0QQAdIdZ395693639
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-ROOM-FOR-RENT-IN-A-TOWNHOUSE-W0QQAdIdZ393021145 (Best one)

These days i am just exploring n exploring n exploring............

Finally! brother will you please give me you cell number through PM and also the time so that i call you at that time. I already set Canada time on my mobile :), it's 1:06 AM there

Sorry for Long post

devu

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb2010
Doc's Request.
sent on may12h
AOR Received.
JUNE 9TH 2010
File Transfer...
march 30
Med's Request
JAN 26
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Princeroi22,

Thank you for comment.
Mentioned web site's content are also included in my reply it is good source of information.
Some time practical experience and observation are little different than webs surveys.

regards,

hmisabpk
YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL KIND PERSON...IN THIS WORLD... IWISH TO GET AN OPINION AFTER I RECEIVED MY MEDICALS..I AM A PRE JUNER ,NURSE FROM KERALA..SO..WAITING..THANX.. :)

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
anwar405z said:
Can any senior forum member advice, safehomestay is ok for temporary stay(5week). I wanna stay in toronto for 5 week to get PR card.
1) http://www.safehomestay.com/
2) http://www.staystudio6.com/

Both provide airport pick up services & are equally good. Safehomestay now demands advance payment before arrival. The payment should be made through PayPal. If your are from Pakistan you may find difficulty because Pakistan is not listed in PayPal country list.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Very useful information. +1 mate. Stay Blessed
canada1234 said:
Keep posting informative posts.
Thanks
Hi,Canada1234,
Thank you for nice words and appreciation.
hmisabpk

kml2706 said:
Dear kind fellow, people like u are always encouraging..
May God give u best reward..
WS
Hi, WS,
hmisabpk

anwar405z said:
Hi, anwar405z,
Yes it is OK to stay there. If you do have advance paymet problem as canada1234 mentioned. You may check other short term stays (Please check the reply # 493 dated 16-02-2012 and reply # 484 dated 05-02-2012)

Hope that helps,
hmisabpk

not sure said:
how much did u spend on the room and how many days
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Hi, notsure,
Room with inside washroom, $ 45 per night, I stayed about 10 days (But I’m sure it was 1 year ago rate)

Hope that helps,
hmisabpk

devu said:
YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL KIND PERSON...IN THIS WORLD... IWISH TO GET AN OPINION AFTER I RECEIVED MY MEDICALS..I AM A PRE JUNER ,NURSE FROM KERALA..SO..WAITING..THANX.. :)
Hi, devu,
You will be most welcome, check this link also may be helpful for you.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/becoming-a-registered-nurse-rn-or-licensed-practical-nurse-lpn-in-canada-t85454.135.html

Hope that helps,
hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
w3soul said:
Brother Misbah !
When ever i think to write to you, Pakistani Cricket team captain Misbah Hits my mind first :D
Hope u dont mind.
Brother i have 2 question to bother you....
1. As you know i am very much close to my Landing at Canada by the Grace of Allah as i already submitted my PPR-1, while exploring things about Canada i reach a website "http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca" and then immigrant settlement services center at "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/map/ontario-list.asp" , I just want to ask what is the difference between them and which one is better ?
2. Brother as i told you that i have no friends/relatives there .............so after a long hard search I finalized Thorncliffe park drive as my destination. I explore all ares of Thorncliffe park drive from maps.google.com and find popular places e.g Iqbal kabab and sweet center, Tim Hilton , toronto public libraty etc. and also enjoy the street view of this location :). Roads e.g Eglinton Ave, Lawrance Ave and Thorncliffe touch someroad name like "overlu bla" (forget the exact name) :) I hope my search/exploring is right ?...is it ?
3. Secondly i also get to some rooms offered for sharing at Thorncliffe park drive from kijiji.ca . Please find the link and let me know about the place and location. I mean close to subway/markets/some service center etc.
4. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-Brand-new-house-a-room-4-rent-400-00-only-W0QQAdIdZ400684876
5. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-480-dollars-lLooking-to-share-a-room-in-3-bedroom-apartment-W0QQAdIdZ395693639
6. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-ROOM-FOR-RENT-IN-A-TOWNHOUSE-W0QQAdIdZ393021145 (Best one)
These days i am just exploring n exploring n exploring............
7. Finally! brother will you please give me you cell number through PM and also the time so that i call you at that time. I already set Canada time on my mobile :), it's 1:06 AM there
Sorry for Long post
Hi, w3soul,

Not a problem, don’t let me to play like him, and then you will get reply after 1 week.
1. Both are governments of Canada’s patrol , first one will deal all issues including SIN, PR Cards, EI, RRP, CPP, CTBT, OAS, GIS, employment issues ….etc… many other services which you can see on their website, while second deal with citizenship and Immigration issues. Don’t worry about many webs site, get information from all sources.
2. Many of us don’t have, there a problem settling in Canada, you will find very friendly people.
3. I ‘m living in the same area, there is no problem to commutes. All information are on my thread.
4. As single person you will not be having problem to adjust, it 40- 46 Km from Toronto center city and 10 km from Mississauga center city, difficult to manage without own transportation
5. Same as above # 3
6. Same as above # 3
7. I will send you PM.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 send with application
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Thanks brother.
I dont want any single person to play like him....I am a big FAN of cricket myself
Thank you brother for you details answer. I will wait for you PM.

Good to know that you are from the same place. As you told it's difficult to manage without own transportation, it means that my choice of destination i-e Thorncliffe is not right.
Being new immigrant i can't afford own transportation.......so what did u suggest what is the right destination for me, where i can find job or survival job initially and also i can move easily on public transport.
I also need your help in finding some job. will you please ?

Seconly bro, will you please help me finding/booking a room in sharing for me with in a budget of CAD 400-450 per month.
I know i am bothering you again and again, I am really sorry but i need someone to help me in the initial days.

hmisabpk said:
Hi, w3soul,

Not a problem, don't let me to play like him, and then you will get reply after 1 week.
1. Both are governments of Canada's patrol , first one will deal all issues including SIN, PR Cards, EI, RRP, CPP, CTBT, OAS, GIS, employment issues ....etc... many other services which you can see on their website, while second deal with citizenship and Immigration issues. Don't worry about many webs site, get information from all sources.
2. Many of us don't have, there a problem settling in Canada, you will find very friendly people.
3. I ‘m living in the same area, there is no problem to commutes. All information are on my thread.
4. As single person you will not be having problem to adjust, it 40- 46 Km from Toronto center city and 10 km from Mississauga center city, difficult to manage without own transportation
5. Same as above # 3
6. Same as above # 3
7. I will send you PM.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
w3soul said:
Thanks brother.
I dont want any single person to play like him....I am a big FAN of cricket myself
Thank you brother for you details answer. I will wait for you PM.

Good to know that you are from the same place. As you told it's difficult to manage without own transportation, it means that my choice of destination i-e Thorncliffe is not right.
Being new immigrant i can't afford own transportation.......so what did u suggest what is the right destination for me, where i can find job or survival job initially and also i can move easily on public transport.
I also need your help in finding some job. will you please ?

Seconly bro, will you please help me finding/booking a room in sharing for me with in a budget of CAD 400-450 per month.
I know i am bothering you again and again, I am really sorry but i need someone to help me in the initial days.
Hi, w3soul,

I haven't mentioned about Thorncliffe is difficult to commute, in fact I have mentioned on my previous post on this thread. You can survive without transportation. I was saying about Erin Mills which is near to Mississauga. 34 Thorncliffe and 150 Leeward Glenway are good for you to deal.
Not a problem, I will assist you.

I have sent the PM with contact details.

Regards,

hmisabpk

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
@hmisabpk
How could it be possible if we wanna make payment through PayPal while living in Pakistan. Pakistan is not listed in Paypal countries. I'm asking this because safehomestay requires advance payment through Paypal, but from Pakistan it is not possible. Is there any other way out.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
@ hmisabpk
How could it be possible if we wanna make payment through PayPal while living in Pakistan. Pakistan is not listed in Paypal countries. I'm asking this because safehomestay requires advance payment through Paypal, but from Pakistan it is not possible. Is there any other way out.
Hi, canada1234,
Actually some time people will book without deposit and unable to arrive on booked date they will lose their other client and booking, that way they required advance deposit to make sure they will not lose if you fail to arrive or any delay happen because of flight cancellation, strike, weather etc... . These things can happen with any one (God forbidden)

I can book for you don't worry about deposit money, and I will send you the booking confirmation by e-mail. Please send me your booking details, I have talked with the owner (Thomas) it is peak time so please send your booking information to check the room availabilities.(PM only) :D
Check your inbox for my e-mail details.

With following information
1- Room Reservation:
Total number in Party:
Number of Children: (under 8years)
Check in date:
Duration of stay:
2 - Air port Pick up service
Airline Number:
Number of luggage:
Arrival Date:
Arrival Time in Toronto:
3 - Your Information
Title:
First Name:
Last name:
E-mail:
Phone number:
Notes:

Hope it help, :)

hmisabpk

waseem855

Mar 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi, canada1234,
Actually some time people will book without deposit and unable to arrive on booked date they will lose their other client and booking, that way they required advance deposit to make sure they will not lose if you fail to arrive or any delay happen because of flight cancellation, strike, weather etc... . These things can happen with any one (God forbidden)

I can book for you don't worry about deposit money, and I will send you the booking confirmation by e-mail. Please send me your booking details, I have talked with the owner (Thomas) it is peak time so please send your booking information to check the room availabilities.(PM only) :D

1- Room Reservation:
Total number in Party:
Check in date:
Duration of stay:
Airline Number:
Number of luggage:
Arrival Date:
Arrival Time in Toronto:
3 - Your Information
Title:
First Name:
Last name:
E-mail:
Phone number:
Notes:

hmisabpk
Dear hmisabpk,

What a wonderful and helping person you are, it make me so relax and comfortable that some one is there to take care, when I want to land, I will contact you and sure I will meet you in Canada.
Aap bahat achay hu our Aap tu humary liay umid ke keran hou, hmisabpk I salute you yar, kash sub asey he hujain.

I am always reading your post on all threads, very helpful.

God bless you and your family always,

:D :D :D :D :D
Waseem

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
waseem855 said:
Dear hmisabpk,

What a wonderful and helping person you are, it make me so relax and comfortable that some one is there to take care, when I want to land, I will contact you and sure I will meet you in Canada.
Aap bahat achay hu our Aap tu humary liay umid ke keran hou, hmisabpk I salute you yar, kash sub asey he hujain.

I am always reading your post on all threads, very helpful.

Waseem

I Second you, he is absolutely helping person.

God bless him and all those are helping others. :-*

CANPK

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
hmisabpk said:
Hi, canada1234,

1- Room Reservation:
Total number in Party:
Check in date:
Duration of stay:
Airline Number:
Number of luggage:
Arrival Date:
Arrival Time in Toronto:
3 - Your Information
Title:
First Name:
Last name:
E-mail:
Phone number:
Notes:

hmisabpk
Thanks a lot hmisabpk. Hats off for your generosity. I'm really impressed. I was just getting the information. I was not expecting so quick & comprehensive reply. It'd further take 3-4 months for me to get visa [Insha Allah]. I've kept safe your details & will definitely contact you before booking at Safehomestay.Thanks once again.

Stay Blessed!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beu75 said:
I agree with you guys,
We are always praying may God bless you and your family.
beu75
CANPK said:
I Second you, he is absolutely helping person.
God bless him and all those are helping others. :-*
CANPK
waseem855 said:
Dear hmisabpk,
What a wonderful and helping person you are...........
Waseem
Hi, Waseem, canpk, beu75

Thank you for your nice words and appreciation.It is not a big deal.
+1 for you

hmisabpk