15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Dear Hmisabpk

you have done a great job mate and i always read your posts which i think is useful when someone will
come to Canada. my concern is which place is good to stay for new immigrant and how about purchasing a house. is it easy and affordable. what is better house or Condo? . what about buying car or publich tyransport is better in canada ?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Dear Hmisabpk
you have done a great job mate and i always read your posts which i think is useful when someone will
come to Canada. my concern is
1. which place is good to stay for new immigrant and
2. how about purchasing a house.
3. is it easy and affordable.
4. what is better house or Condo? .
5. what about buying car or publich tyransport is better in canada ?
Hi, jamy,

Thanks for nice words.

1. If you mean which city of Canada, it is depend on your occupation, relative or friend in Canada etc.. For generally the biggest cities by populations : 1.Toronto, 2. Montreal, 3. Vancouver, 4. Ottawa, 5. Calgary, 6. Edmonton, 7. Quebec, 8. Winnipeg, 9. Hamilton, 10.Kitchener. If you mean place in Toronto (neighbourhood) than The Best Places to Live in Toronto: 1.The Beaches, 2. Bloor Village West, 4. Burlington 5. High Park, 6. Leaside, 7. Markham, 8. Oakville, 9. Richmond Hill and 10. Vaughan. If you want places to get easily job than, Toronto Downtown and nearby places, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, North York, East York, Markham, Richmond Hill etc..

2.Immediately buying a house is not a good idea. You may don't know the area / neighborhood well, you may don't know the laws, rules, tax system, mortgage etc.. And most important you don't know where you are going to get job, my opinion first settle your job and then think about buying the house according to are suitable for you.

3. Yes it is very easy and somehow it is affordable, because as first time buyer you have to pay only 5% down and rest will be the residential 95% mortgage

4.Follow the # 2 first. If you don't want to take care of your house by yourself, outdoor cleaning, landscaping, snow removing then Condominium is good just pay maintenance fee and the corporation / management company will do the rest. House will have the better appreciation comparing to condominium.

5. Public transport is the world class in Canada, if you are talking about Toronto it is having world's top class intercity subway and transportation system. Many are living without car and managing well. Buying a car is not a problem, the only hazel thing, as new immigrant with no Canadian driving experience the auto insurance premium will be too high $$$.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
helo everyone...

congrats(HMISABPK) for ur PR.

i am impressed by the overwhelmed dedication of ura for helping the newbie's.
THe best place to live in canada can be chosen from the following site too.

http://www.livingin-canada.com/best-places-to-live-in-toronto.html

rgds,

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princeroi22 said:
helo everyone...
congrats(HMISABPK) for ur PR.
i am impressed by the overwhelmed dedication of ura for helping the newbie's.
THe best place to live in canada can be chosen from the following site too.
http://www.livingin-canada.com/best-places-to-live-in-toronto.html
rgds,
Hi, Princeroi22,

Thank you for comment.
Mentioned web site's content are also included in my reply it is good source of information.
Some time practical experience and observation are little different than webs surveys.

regards,

hmisabpk

ipman

Nov 21, 2011
Hi Hmisabpk,

I am scheduled to arrive to Toronto on 4th aug. should i write POF which i will be carrying in B4 form? Or is there any other form required? Regarding gold, i took pictures, should i list each photo graph as annex? Meaning, i will write at b4 form as below

Gold (details in annex A) Total value x...CAD.

Then i will number photo and give the same header in the list, is it fine like that?

Regards
Linu

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipman said:
Hi Hmisabpk,
I am scheduled to arrive to Toronto on 4th aug.
1. should i write POF which i will be carrying in B4 form?
2. Or is there any other form required?
3. Regarding gold, i took pictures, should i list each photo graph as annex? Meaning, i will write at b4 form as below
4. Gold (details in annex A) Total value x...CAD.
Then i will number photo and give the same header in the list, is it fine like that?
Regards
Linu
Hi, Linu, Congratulation !!

1. You don’t need to write POF on B4, “ If you are entering or leaving Canada and are carrying $10,000 or more including any combination of coins, domestic or foreign bank notes, and securities, such as travellers cheques, stocks and bonds, you have to complete Form E677 (PDF, 41 KB), Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – Individual.”
2. Yes. This form is available in flight and at airport, however, if you need to fill in advance you can fill out this PDF form and keep print out with you. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf
3. You have to write the Description of all goods (include serial numbers, if applicable), Gold jewellery items should be specified on B4 form.
4. Example: Gold 4 ring, 2 chains, 4 bangles, and 4 ear rings etc... (80 gram – approximately)…. Total value …… $ …. CAD.
5. Attach photo graph only, if more than 1 page, number them.

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk

ipman

Nov 21, 2011
Thank you very much. Very helpfull info.

Please don’t be surprised to get some telephone call from me. Hope to meet you in Toronto.

regards
Linu

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipman said:
Thank you very much. Very helpfull info.
Please don't be surprised to get some telephone call from me. Hope to meet you in Toronto.
regards
Linu
You are welcome !! My pleasure !!

hmisabpk

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
hmisabpk said:
Hi, Linu, Congratulation !!

1. You don't need to write POF on B4, “ If you are entering or leaving Canada and are carrying $10,000 or more including any combination of coins, domestic or foreign bank notes, and securities, such as travellers cheques, stocks and bonds, you have to complete Form E677 (PDF, 41 KB), Cross-Border Currency or Monetary Instruments Report – Individual.”
2. Yes. This form is available in flight and at airport, however, if you need to fill in advance you can fill out this PDF form and keep print out with you. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf
3. You have to write the Description of all goods (include serial numbers, if applicable), Gold jewellery items should be specified on B4 form.
4. Example: Gold 4 ring, 2 chains, 4 bangles, and 4 ear rings etc... (80 gram – approximately).... Total value ...... $ .... CAD.
5. Attach photo graph only, if more than 1 page, number them.

Hope that helps, :)

hmisabpk
Very useful information. +1 mate. Stay Blessed

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Re: About Toronto Pearson

hmisabpk said:
Toronto Airport

About Toronto Pearson
Toronto Pearson is Canada's largest and busiest airport, in Canada's largest and busiest city. This architecturally stunning, completely functional and incredibly friendly airport is the hub for some 400,000 flights a year and nearly 32 million guests annually. When you consider that Canada's population is roughly 34.5 million, that's almost our entire country! Take a look at what goes on behind the scenes at this gateway to North American air travel.

http://www.torontopearson.com/en/AboutPearson/#

Become easily acquainted with Toronto and feel comfortable with the area, as you have found all the information you need when traveling to this city. Click on the links for the latest events, shopping destinations, attractions and the maps to get you there. Enjoy your stay by finding the places that are right for you!

http://www.torontoairport.com/

Toronto Airport video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDFLSUynr3Y&feature=related

Regards,

hmisabpk
Keep posting informative posts.
Thanks

kml2706

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011 , IP 10-08-11
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
2-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 20-08-12 Decision made 24-08-12 PPR2 17-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-12
LANDED..........
7th May,2013
Dear kind fellow, people like u are always encouraging..
May God give u best reward..

WS