hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nirmaan said:
Seniors
I need help please.
I was in Canada before getting immigrant visa then I came back to India as my work permit didn't extended, I am still having my bank acc there with TD. I also used this acc as PoF for filing my Immigration. Now when I land there I will b carrying just 1000 CAD cos I have enough money there in Canada to support myself.
1. would there be any issues if immigration officer ask me for PoF and I provide them the scanned copies of bank statements. (one of my friend is getting my bank statements at his mailing add, he can send me scanned copies)
2. second thing I will be carrying just clothes, shoes, a watch, guitar and wearing a gold chain with pendent. Do I need to prepare a list of all these items can someone provide me with a format of this please. Do I need to write a lump sum amount or should be accurate.
3. I have already printed out the PR card form and will fill it from here itself to avoid mistake in hurry at airport. what else should I take care of. As I was there in Canada for 2 yrs accommodation and all is not a big deal, just airport clearance is what I am nervous about.
Please Advise.
Hi, nirmaan,

1. There will be no issue as long as you have money in your Canadian account and proper documentation with you (Bank statement)
2. You can write the used cloths and other items as lump sum. For Gold you should write the approximately weight, description of the item, value in CAD $ and should have a clear picture.
3. COPR paper is carbonized copy after sign one they will keep and copy will give you, you don't need to fill any printed form at your own. There will be no problem at landing time clearance procedure will be very smooth, immigration, customs and airport staff and people are very friendly, welcoming and very professional.

There is nothing else required. You may check this link for other documentation and guide line for arriving to Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A VERY BRIEF AND SHORT MESSAGE FROM GOVERNMENT OF CANADA

It's never too early to open an RESP and start saving for your child's education after high school. Learn how to open an RESP in three easy steps and find out about money available to you from the Government of Canada, up to $7,200, (Your Child could get Government grant up to Total $9,200) ($ 7,200+2,000). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkD-dN9abfQ

The Canada Learning Bond is $500 offered by the Government of Canada to help you start saving now for your child's education after high school total up to $2,000. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlIueLa-YXc&feature=relmfu

Post-secondary education leads to better jobs and a more satisfying career. Whether you're 25 or 55, a brighter future awaits you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxxaYmJ18Og&feature=relmfu

For more info visit: http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/index.shtml

We can help you to get this [size=14pt]Government Grants $ 9,200
for your child's education, for more information PM me or visit. http://www.globalemc.com/

May it helps,
[/size] :)

[size=12pt]
hmisabpk
[/size]

ipman

Nov 21, 2011
Hi hmisabpk,

I would like to share my landing exp. It may help others as well. We landed in Toronto on 04 aug, it was quite hot. Everything was smooth and simple. We arrived by Turkish Airways flight. Note: dont trust counter staff, ask for the launch pass if you eligible. I had business class plus comfort class ticket, they changed my flight time and i had about 8 hr connecting time in istanbull and during the flight change it is told they they will provide launch access. When checked in, i asked for the pass and they told me user boarding pass is business class and so you dont need a seperate pass. But when i arrived in turkey they refused. Dont worry their is an airport hotel inside airport, you can rent room on hourly rate. So we got 7 hours very good sleep!

We arrived on time, immigration all process finished less than 10 min. I got bag with information leaflefts, health card form. Already our baggage was at the bay when we came out. We took 2 trolly, you can pay by credit card, so no worries. When we were passing at the customes gate they asked how much money are you carrying, i told the amount. He didnt asked me b4 form. I forgot even. We came out and my friend received at. But i forgot to get stamped the b4 form, b4a and gold list, photograph etc. i had a cargo to follow. It is a problem now to clear. Dont worry, take thr b4 and b4a form to the customs office at arrival. It is on left side of terminal 2. I explained him what happened and appologised. But he said it is not my mistake, it is his colleagues mistake. He should have asked me if anything to follow. He is very busy person, so be patient there. It will take about 20 min to get the form stamped with evaluvation report. Take this when you go to clear the cargo.

Now part 3: i applied for some positions before arrive.Basically i got 3 interview calls. All 3 rounds interviews i passed sucessfully with them. Mostly technical and hr interview. I decided who gives me first offer i will take. And i got job offer in 16 days! Preparation+skills+hardwork+good home work+prayers +luck=job offer. I prepared cvs for different positions matching skill, then attented IPSO job search and interview skills, writting skills workshops. It helped me what i should expect in interviews. How take lead role in the interview. How to market yourself. Very carefull with salary related questions. They offer me a salary which is more than 15000 i was expecting. What i did is i asked them to offer a salary, considering my skill and exp, and value i bring to the organisation. I will start my job next week. I highly advise everyone planning to come take CIIP workshop. Its free and sponsored by Canadain govt. if you have received request for medical reqest you can goto there web site and register. Its a full day workshop. They have online workshop as well.

It took about 25 days to rent a good house.

Last but NOT LEAST, thank you very much hmisabpk, for the support and timely reply.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Congrats ipman for Job,

Regards
Mayank

ipman said:
Hi hmisabpk,

I would like to share my landing exp. It may help others as well. We landed in Toronto on 04 aug, it was quite hot. Everything was smooth and simple. We arrived by Turkish Airways flight. Note: dont trust counter staff, ask for the launch pass if you eligible. I had business class plus comfort class ticket, they changed my flight time and i had about 8 hr connecting time in istanbull and during the flight change it is told they they will provide launch access. When checked in, i asked for the pass and they told me user boarding pass is business class and so you dont need a seperate pass. But when i arrived in turkey they refused. Dont worry their is an airport hotel inside airport, you can rent room on hourly rate. So we got 7 hours very good sleep!

We arrived on time, immigration all process finished less than 10 min. I got bag with information leaflefts, health card form. Already our baggage was at the bay when we came out. We took 2 trolly, you can pay by credit card, so no worries. When we were passing at the customes gate they asked how much money are you carrying, i told the amount. He didnt asked me b4 form. I forgot even. We came out and my friend received at. But i forgot to get stamped the b4 form, b4a and gold list, photograph etc. i had a cargo to follow. It is a problem now to clear. Dont worry, take thr b4 and b4a form to the customs office at arrival. It is on left side of terminal 2. I explained him what happened and appologised. But he said it is not my mistake, it is his colleagues mistake. He should have asked me if anything to follow. He is very busy person, so be patient there. It will take about 20 min to get the form stamped with evaluvation report. Take this when you go to clear the cargo.

Now part 3: i applied for some positions before arrive.Basically i got 3 interview calls. All 3 rounds interviews i passed sucessfully with them. Mostly technical and hr interview. I decided who gives me first offer i will take. And i got job offer in 16 days! Preparation+skills+hardwork+good home work+prayers +luck=job offer. I prepared cvs for different positions matching skill, then attented IPSO job search and interview skills, writting skills workshops. It helped me what i should expect in interviews. How take lead role in the interview. How to market yourself. Very carefull with salary related questions. They offer me a salary which is more than 15000 i was expecting. What i did is i asked them to offer a salary, considering my skill and exp, and value i bring to the organisation. I will start my job next week. I highly advise everyone planning to come take CIIP workshop. Its free and sponsored by Canadain govt. if you have received request for medical reqest you can goto there web site and register. Its a full day workshop. They have online workshop as well.

It took about 25 days to rent a good house.

Last but NOT LEAST, thank you very much hmisabpk, for the support and timely reply.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipman said:
Hi hmisabpk,
I would like to share my landing exp. ................................................................
Hi, ipman,

Well said & well written landing experience. Congratulation for good Job offer and good luck for your bright future in Canada.
Best advice for everyone is: Preparation + skills + hard work + good homework + prayers +luck=job offer

God bless you. :)

Regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Canada's Provinces and Territorities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=vmdBJpwTrn4

History of Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=c_dr0ZVRvR0

Regards, :)

hmisabpk

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him that at this time I can't get may be it is inside in my luggage, but my consultant address was with me, he don't want the consultant office address. So He gives me the PR form and advised to fill later and send by fax on the number (which was on Form)

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. I then proceeded to customs and the officer checked my passports and asked me the list of the goods to be followed and the goods carried along list. He ask me about the fund how much I am carrying, and in which form, I told him it is cash, CAD $ 11700, then he ask me to take out from envelope and show to him. Then I kept back in my pocket. He checked the list of goods to follow there was jewellery's value about CAD $10k, so he ask me if I have the picture of the jewellery's, I was not having so he told me that get by e-mail and come tomorrow same building outside custom office and officer will stamp on the list and picture too for future use.

6. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 18:35 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and ask the porter to call my transport (Airport pickup) person and keep my trolley on mentioned place. After 20 minuets the car came and picks me and I was reach to my room within 30 minutes.

8. Next day with Gold / jeweler's, picture and goods to follow list I went to the Airport custom office. Officer asks me to use the original forms (I was having the print out download from web site, which was not so clear). I fill the form with totaling the value in CAD Dollar, and brought back to him, he went inside and brought with computerized CBSA printed form and copy of all forms (Luggage with me, Hand carry and Goods to follow List by Cargo and arrive later after 2 week with my spouse and kids)

9. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank CIBC bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant, She open the "CIBC Everyday Chequing account with standard benefits" (The account is Tax free savings account for once year). The debit card allows the CAD $ 500 per day cash withdraw and CAD $1000 purchases.

11. Next I went to Roger shop for Mobile Connection and got the SIM card for 10$ and 10$ air time credit, it prepaid only have to maintain the credit balance 20 $, no monthly fee, pay as you go rechargeable available in all stores, receiving and calling is same rate 39 cent and from 8pm to 8 am 1 cent including weekend (Saturday/Sunday). For International call use the calling card through your mobile or landline it is very cheap.

12. Checking for family apartment is going on in different areas.

13. Continued for the Job search (Please note you would need to modify your Resume to apply jobs in Canada refer www.settlement.org). This is the other side of the picture that our qualification and experience is not much valued, appreciated or accredited in Canada?? (Just my observation in few days)

14. You will start receiving interview calls once you have a Canadian Address and a Canadian contact number on your resume. (I received calls on my cell and the on land line / residence number).

15. Scheduled for an interview today (Saturday 9th May) with a company. But I was unable to attend because of too cold and chill, I requested them to reschedule for Monday. (It is a survival job not related to my profession, and still I don't know what they are going to offer me the job and salary)

16. Weather become very cold after rain, it is between 9-3 C, in Toronto, Good thing to have winter cloths with you before landing (wind chill is -4C and some areas of Ontario the Ice falling started again) .

17. Meet with many people those are straggling with housing and jobs problems, Dollar are flaying very fast from the packet and from hand every day. If you do not have any relative or friend in Canada It better to be go very economical. It will take some time to Adjust, Depend on your profession; it is taking about 6 - 12 month and more in some cases, to get settled properly. You may get survival job to manage but according to your qualification and profession it will take some time to get.

18. Apartments are in different rate from $ 800 – 1500, 1-2 bed room, it is better to see the location and neighborhood before you rent. Mostly People are living in the community, my advice do not rent through internet search because you do not know the area and neighborhood and on Google map every streets looks very beautiful (My personal opinion)
One more thing coming with family without any arrangement will have more expenses, better to come alone and arrange some house or apartment and then family can follow after few weeks, depend on your situation. (This is what I have done, because we do not have any friend or relative in Canada and Consultants are looking to get your all fund and saving at once for their great settlement help).

19. This was my Landing story, (still I am in the guest house, safehomestay, Good people and area is also OK),
please pray for me to get settled ASAP, I am getting tenses how to manages with very tough situation.
I pray for the success and best of luck for all forum members in their cases and future life in Canada.

20. HOPE IT WILL HELP TO THOS ARE PLANNING TO LAND IN FEW WEEKS. REMEMBER THAT IN TORONTO THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE (LIKE US) ARE COMING FROM HOT WEATHER COUNTRIES (GULF OR ASIA)
WITH BEST WISHES
:)

HMISABPK
Safehome is ok for temporary stay(2month). how much time take for getting PR card?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anwar405z said:
Safehome is ok for temporary stay(2month). how much time take for getting PR card?
Hi, anwar,

It is safe home and no problem to stay as long you wish to stay.
PR card is taking about 6 - 8 weeks now days.

regards,

hmisabpk

drmahbub35

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
hmisapbk
thanks sir for so informaive post.i need ur help.1.can i carry kithcen knife set to canada with me?2.my wife didnt take ielts.as we have a lttle time in hour hand she wants to take it after coming canada?will it be so tough?i must add she is physician.another think we like research oriented job.can u tell me which ite may help us?i have asked u lot of ques sorry for that.hope u can undersstand what is going on in my mind as my i heard there is no job in canada for living well.
thankss
dr.mahbub

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
anwar405z said:
What u mean by safe home? is it hotel with low rate?