+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Journey to PR

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi All,

I am one of many folks who got benefited from this forum. In return I wish to share my experience from creating a profile to landing as a PR.

Although I thought of working out this on my own , I decided to take help of Immigration consultant in my home country to make sure that I am not missing any information which I could have done if applied on my own. I don't remember the exact timelines but below are the key take aways and events,

My Profile in short:

28Yrs -- Single -- Masters -- 6 Yrs of IT Exp as a SAP Certified Consultant-- 2173 -- IELTS 7.5 = CRS 400

>> Creating Profile : With this score I decided to hire Immigration consultant to make sure that I dont miss any information or process. I have less time to spend on my immigration process due to work pressure when I started this.

Take Away: All that Immigration consultant helped me is to arrange all the papers in order and proofread . At time they even misguided me.
Suggestion : If you have time to do this on your own there is lot of information in this forum with which could end you up in Canada

>> ECA :With 1 Yr Masters (after 3 yrs bachelor) in UK initially I had doubt if WES would recognize this as Canada Masters . My report is indeed given out as Canada Masters Equivalent .

>> OIPNP : I am one of those set of people to react early to OIPNP as soon as they launched this program . Had I not applied to this I wouldn't have been where I am now . I had doubts if OIPNP would accept me as I am just on border with 400 , but they did pick me .
Take Away :

**PEng License **- I asked questions earlier on this forum if we need to go for this PEng License as I am Software Engineer by title in my last job . My experience proved that this is not required

**Having Degree not relevant to work** - I am into Accounting by education where as I work as a Software consultant by profession . OIPNP officer asked how i am going to justify this in his interview call , having an SAP Certification really helped me to justify . Officer seems satisfied with my skills. I guess having SAP Certification helped me immensely to clear this stage .

>>** Role of Immigration Consultants** - My consultant discouraged me not to apply as the program is quite new and chances for my case are very low. I reacted early and took a chance to apply on my own , all credits to this forum .

>> Selected in the Draw : With 400 OINP helped me immensely to get closer to my Canadian dream . Now acquiring PCC and Medicals was another big
task to me as I have been in 4 different Countries ( Malaysia - Online , Singapore- Police Cantonment Complex , UK-Online , India - PSK) . I had done Family version of medicals which didn't get me into any trouble.

Quick rate sheet for medicals in the countries I have inquired (Note**prices might have changed **)
USA : USD 400 (Houston)
CANADA : CAD 200 ( Waterloo)
India : RS . 4000 ( Hyderabad)
Malaysia : MYR 300 (KL)

>>>** Reference Letters** I should feel myself as lucky in this regard. I was only able to submit reference letters signed along with business card by Supervisor for couple of companies . Although I managed to get others on Letter Heads in required form I was scared as I have to rely of officers courtesy for this . I managed to submit offer letters, pay slips to strengthen my case.

>>>**Marriage and PR** In my experience all I have done wrong is not timing my marriage . Applying single will boost score for sure, if one can wait I suggest to wait for marriage. From my experience the right time to marry is AFTER GETTING COPR but BEFORE LANDING. I missed to time my marriage due to LACK OF INFORMATION and personal issues . Now I am have to process Spousal Sponsorship and wait for regular 12 plus months like others with Indian residence. From my review getting a Visit visa for spouse almost impossible. Nevertheless as I my wife holds USA H4B ball game here would be slightly different I guess, but be prepared to wait for your spouse after PR if you screw it up.

>>>** JOB** I am truly lucky TO GET WELL PAID IT JOB BEFORE I GOT MY PR CARD from my home country. All that I did was applying in Indeed.ca and giving interviews . I applied to very few openings but I noticed that having a PR got closer in getting a job. I used Sonetel and took Canadian number. I noticed that if we have Non Canadian number and Address hardly companies are interested in us . People can take Sonetel number divert calls to your local number and attend Skype interviews from abroad without landing . I am scared when people in this forum wrote their stories about their hard time in getting white collar jobs without Canada Exp. , but from my experience if you have a niche skill and have demand we can get job without much wait.

>>>** Comparing USA and Canada** I hold a USA H1B and Canada PR both applied and got more or less same time. There are many things we can compare between USA and Canada but to my knowledge getting a job with PR in Canada is easy than getting one with H1B in USA. If you are tied up to consultancies in USA I suggest you ditch them and go for jobs in Canada. Doing a quick math proved me that I earn more or less same in Canada after considering that I have to pay 20-30% as consultancy share in USA. Moreover with the scary Trump era coming by I decided to settle down in Canada and eye on Canadian Passport as I feel Canada is much safer and secured.

I think I have covered all my notable experiences in this journey . Remember this journey is full of tensions, one needs to hold , wait , plan . From my experience Fortune not only favors the brave but also people who plan and do hard work.

All the Best ..

Reactions: gm2611 and ash17

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Thank you for sharing your story and I hope it helps out some members here, who are still on the process of applying.

I fully agree with your comments about consultants. I would say for the vast majority of people, it is just a waste of money. The Canadian system is fairly straight-forward and with a bit of help and information from a forum like this one, anybody should be able to fill out their own profile and submit the documents.

Better to save the money for the consultant and stay in charge of your own immigration process.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for details. useful +1

just a note on this:

>>>**Marriage and PR** In my experience all I have done wrong is not timing my marriage . Applying single will boost score for sure, if one can wait I suggest to wait for marriage. From my experience the right time to marry is AFTER GETTING COPR but BEFORE LANDING. I missed to time my marriage due to LACK OF INFORMATION and personal issues . Now I am have to process Spousal Sponsorship and wait for regular 12 plus months like others with Indian residence. From my review getting a Visit visa for spouse almost impossible. Nevertheless as I my wife holds USA H4B ball game here would be slightly different I guess, but be prepared to wait for your spouse after PR if you screw it up.

discussing marriage like this seems weird to me. Marriage timing is always determined by much different factors. I am single, landed, had no plans for marriage. Nobody should feel pressure from immigration process to
Why is obtaining visit visa for spouse is impossible? I've seen dozens of students on study permits (I was on one) whose spouses just applied "to get family together". and while students can't work freely on their permits, all spouses got open work permits!

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
wildemam said:
Thanks for details. useful +1

just a note on this:

discussing marriage like this seems weird to me. Marriage timing is always determined by much different factors. I am single, landed, had no plans for marriage. Nobody should feel pressure from immigration process to
Why is obtaining visit visa for spouse is impossible? I've seen dozens of students on study permits (I was on one) whose spouses just applied "to get family together". and while students can't work freely on their permits, all spouses got open work permits!

Yes , I do agree that marriage is determined by different factors more true particularly in the country I am from , probably this is one of the main reason I am not able to properly time my marriage although I married my girl friend :)
My point here is if people have any chance to time marrying before landing and after getting PR confirmation is right time .

Coming to why it is impossible , I have noticed that many people in family sponsorship forum reported about their failed attempts . This is applicable mostly for PR's who applied for visit visa to their spouses I guess .

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many many congratulation buddy, that 's really inspiring and interesting indeed which bossting morale to so many people on this forum.

Enjoy your time in Canada

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

I am one of many folks who got benefited from this forum. In return I wish to share my experience from creating a profile to landing as a PR.

Although I thought of working out this on my own , I decided to take help of Immigration consultant in my home country to make sure that I am not missing any information which I could have done if applied on my own. I don't remember the exact timelines but below are the key take aways and events,

My Profile in short:

28Yrs -- Single -- Masters -- 6 Yrs of IT Exp as a SAP Certified Consultant-- 2173 -- IELTS 7.5 = CRS 400

>> Creating Profile : With this score I decided to hire Immigration consultant to make sure that I dont miss any information or process. I have less time to spend on my immigration process due to work pressure when I started this.

Take Away: All that Immigration consultant helped me is to arrange all the papers in order and proofread . At time they even misguided me.
Suggestion : If you have time to do this on your own there is lot of information in this forum with which could end you up in Canada

>> ECA :With 1 Yr Masters (after 3 yrs bachelor) in UK initially I had doubt if WES would recognize this as Canada Masters . My report is indeed given out as Canada Masters Equivalent .

>> OIPNP : I am one of those set of people to react early to OIPNP as soon as they launched this program . Had I not applied to this I wouldn't have been where I am now . I had doubts if OIPNP would accept me as I am just on border with 400 , but they did pick me .
Take Away :

**PEng License **- I asked questions earlier on this forum if we need to go for this PEng License as I am Software Engineer by title in my last job . My experience proved that this is not required

**Having Degree not relevant to work** - I am into Accounting by education where as I work as a Software consultant by profession . OIPNP officer asked how i am going to justify this in his interview call , having an SAP Certification really helped me to justify . Officer seems satisfied with my skills. I guess having SAP Certification helped me immensely to clear this stage .

>>** Role of Immigration Consultants** - My consultant discouraged me not to apply as the program is quite new and chances for my case are very low. I reacted early and took a chance to apply on my own , all credits to this forum .

>> Selected in the Draw : With 400 OINP helped me immensely to get closer to my Canadian dream . Now acquiring PCC and Medicals was another big
task to me as I have been in 4 different Countries ( Malaysia - Online , Singapore- Police Cantonment Complex , UK-Online , India - PSK) . I had done Family version of medicals which didn't get me into any trouble.

Quick rate sheet for medicals in the countries I have inquired (Note**prices might have changed **)

>>>** Reference Letters** I should feel myself as lucky in this regard. I was only able to submit reference letters signed along with business card by Supervisor for couple of companies . Although I managed to get others on Letter Heads in required form I was scared as I have to rely of officers courtesy for this . I managed to submit offer letters, pay slips to strengthen my case.

>>>** JOB** I am truly lucky TO GET WELL PAID IT JOB BEFORE I GOT MY PR CARD from my home country. All that I did was applying in Indeed.ca and giving interviews . I applied to very few openings but I noticed that having a PR got closer in getting a job. I used Sonetel and took Canadian number. I noticed that if we have Non Canadian number and Address hardly companies are interested in us . People can take Sonetel number divert calls to your local number and attend Skype interviews from abroad without landing . I am scared when people in this forum wrote their stories about their hard time in getting white collar jobs without Canada Exp. , but from my experience if you have a niche skill and have demand we can get job without much wait.

>>>** Comparing USA and Canada** I hold a USA H1B and Canada PR both applied and got more or less same time. There are many things we can compare between USA and Canada but to my knowledge getting a job with PR in Canada is easy than getting one with H1B in USA. If you are tied up to consultancies in USA I suggest you ditch them and go for jobs in Canada. Doing a quick math proved me that I earn more or less same in Canada after considering that I have to pay 20-30% as consultancy share in USA. Moreover with the scary Trump era coming by I decided to settle down in Canada and eye on Canadian Passport as I feel Canada is much safer and secured.

I think I have covered all my notable experiences in this journey . Remember this journey is full of tensions, one needs to hold , wait , plan . From my experience Fortune not only favors the brave but also people who plan and do hard work.

All the Best ..
Congrats on your PR!

+1, Many thanks for sharing detailed information about your experience. I am sure this will be of help to many.

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

My Profile in short:

Take Away :

All the Best ..

Hi,

Thank you so much for your info. Will benefit so many..+1 for u..

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
I think there should be a sticky thread to share the member's PR story/timelines as there is much to be learnt from the experiences. imo losing these posts as more current stuff gets bumped will be a loss for everyone here.

For example, that marriage timing between CoPR and landing mentioned by the OP is really interesting coz it would have made a big difference to people from India going for an arranged marriage.

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

My Profile in short:

Take Away :

All the Best ..
Very very inspiring message. Thankyou very much!

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
That's really an inspiring story. Thanks Krishvasireddy for sharing your experience in such a detailed way.

Well,my wife & I,have also applied for PR and now waiting for a positive response from CIC. If everything goes well, I may have to soon start looking for opportunities in Canada.

I am working in an MNC in India,which also has offices in Canada. I work as a Consultant in the field of E-sourcing/Strategic Sourcing and primarily work on platform/tools like SAP Ariba. Can you guide me from your experience, as in,how would be possibilities of getting a job in a similar field in Canada?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Congrats & All the best!
Thanks for motivation! Too good :)

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank u for your story...its is interesting to know your experience here.

toludee

Sep 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
lovely, waiting for ppr as well so i can do my wedding before landing

aunty acid

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Thanks and appreciate your will to help others by sharing your experiences will give u a +1 as soon as i m able to :)

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....