+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Journey to PR

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi Saurav,

Please check how the openings are for your technology in Indeed.Ca . I guess this is the best way to go forward in any country.
Some say most jobs are filled by Employee Referalls in Canada but as long as there is demand you still tend to see them in job sites .

Recruitment and interviews take a month , from Tech rounds to Director round. If you have COPR or if you see that you are going to COPR soon ,
you better start applying ahead. By the time they give you job you need to be ready with SIN.

Regards,

info4sourav said:
That's really an inspiring story. Thanks Krishvasireddy for sharing your experience in such a detailed way.

Well,my wife & I,have also applied for PR and now waiting for a positive response from CIC. If everything goes well, I may have to soon start looking for opportunities in Canada.

I am working in an MNC in India,which also has offices in Canada. I work as a Consultant in the field of E-sourcing/Strategic Sourcing and primarily work on platform/tools like SAP Ariba. Can you guide me from your experience, as in,how would be possibilities of getting a job in a similar field in Canada?

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

info4sourav

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Dear Krishvashi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. Let's see,how things take turn in my case. Now,eagerly waiting for some positive feedback from CIC.

Regards,

Sourav

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Hi Krishvasireddy,
Your story is really an inspiring one.

I too got the PPR. i applied as a single applicant, but when I got the ITA from my province, I arranged a quick marriage and applied with my wife bringing my Score to an even lower 343. But thats the risk I took. And it paid off.

Regarding job, you suggest to take the service of call divert which is a good idea. But what if the employers see your CV and find that you are working on a job outside Canada. They would never call you in this case. Your suggestions required.

Regards
Akber

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi Akber,

Congrats on your PPR.

As long as you hold a niche skill and your job skill had less supply in Canada ,they would offer you job with Foreign experience . From my experience having zero Canadian experience wouldn't disqualify for the job . . Now a days almost all jobs require you to create profile in their career site and in that make sure you are including Canadian address and Canadian phone number.

Sonetel worked well for me and unlimited plan is around 10 usd pm, this is a kind of voip service so you can call back from the same Canadian number , there is no way employers can find out if this is a true Canadian number. You can tell them that you are in you home country for a vacation , all they are going to worry about is your performance in interview , background checks from this point on wards.

Regards,

Akberansari said:
Hi Krishvasireddy,
Your story is really an inspiring one.

I too got the PPR. i applied as a single applicant, but when I got the ITA from my province, I arranged a quick marriage and applied with my wife bringing my Score to an even lower 343. But thats the risk I took. And it paid off.

Regarding job, you suggest to take the service of call divert which is a good idea. But what if the employers see your CV and find that you are working on a job outside Canada. They would never call you in this case. Your suggestions required.

Regards
Akber

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Congrats @krishvasireddy !

Can you explain why between "COPR and Landing" is the best time to get married?

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi ,

If its possible ideally anytime between PPR and Landing is best time . This way we can include spouse and can get her PR in a month. Otherwise average wait time for spousal sponsorship after landing in around 12 to 15 mons depending on the VO location. You can see Family Sponsorship thread for more information, worst part is the success rate for TRV for spouse is 2 to 5 percent.

Regards,

deadbird said:
Congrats @krishvasireddy !

Can you explain why between "COPR and Landing" is the best time to get married?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
krishvasireddy said:
You can see Family Sponsorship thread for more information.
Can you share some links /pointers to threads? I have so far been unsuccessful in finding informative threads on the topic. Some of them actually warn against getting married between COPR and landing.

wales7479

Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
25-05-2016
Nomination.....
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
24-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
Interview........
17-May-2016
Passport Req..
13-12-2016
Congrats @Krishvasireddy!

Did you include your SAP certification in your Education or how did you include it in your application?

I have lots of IT certifications but there is no place to include it in my application.

Kindly assist.

Regards,

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi,

You can include your IT certifications along with your degree certificates. It adds a great value particularly if your area of work is different from what you studied.

During the interview with OINP officer ,I was asked to justify how I have the expertise to perform my work as I am from Non-IT backgroung. I then said I have SAP certification related to my work. He asked why I didn't include this as this is a critical qualification in my case. He then gave me a place in my EE profile to upload online .

If you think adding IT certification gets you value do so particularly for OINP. EE doesn't care as IT certification wont give you any CRS points.

Regards,

wales7479 said:
Congrats @Krishvasireddy!

Did you include your SAP certification in your Education or how did you include it in your application?

I have lots of IT certifications but there is no place to include it in my application.

Kindly assist.

Regards,

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi,

As I have mentioned few companies which I have worked for didn't provide me letters in required format. I have contacted my supervisors in those companies and asked to send me their business card and a printed letter including my responsibilities, work hours and my salary with their sign.

I supported this with my payslips, offer letters and reliving letters. Accepting these kind of letters depends on VO courtesy I guess.

raviprawat said:
But how did u manage to get reference letters? Many companies do not provide.

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi All,

I am very happy to inform that my wife has been granted with Visit Visa to Canada. This is another success probably the biggest than PR I have been waiting for . People following Family Sponsorship may know the significance of this success but to put it simple any spousal application after landing would take average 15 mos (spouse cant enter Canada in this period). Having a Visit Visa is a cheat code of having your spouse with you in Canada while PR processing happens in parallel

The major reason for this success I guess is her having a H4B and applying from USA.

Regards,

Kb1771

May 18, 2016
Hello,
I received my Oinp and i have a fiancé backhome.
What's the best way for me to get married and bring her here as soon as possible?
I did my engagement and we had more than 200 guests ceremony so i have some pictures that could prove i did wedding.
My question is if i go to Backhome, register marriage and come back. Would it beneficial for both of us to get easy Immigration?
Please suggest your valuable opinions.

Thank you