+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Journey to PR

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishvasireddy said:
Sonetel worked well for me and unlimited plan is around 10 usd pm, this is a kind of voip service so you can call back from the same Canadian number , there is no way employers can find out if this is a true Canadian number. You can tell them that you are in you home country for a vacation , all they are going to worry about is your performance in interview , background checks from this point on wards.
@krishvasireddy Congratulations :). I have couple of questions :-

1) How many interview calls you got and in how many days ?
2) How many rounds of interview you had on Skype, for the job you finally got ?
3) Did they ask you for PR card or COPR (as proof that you are indeed a PR) ?

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi,

Below are my answers

1) How many interview calls you got and in how many days ?

In a month I applied to 5 positions, out of them 3 i went to final stage, got offer from one.

2) How many rounds of interview you had on Skype, for the job you finally got ?
This depends on company, but it starts with HR round and all others will be on Skype. Two Tech rounds and Partner round

3) Did they ask you for PR card or COPR (as proof that you are indeed a PR) ?
No didn't ask me for any residency proof until I am offered a job and background check is done.

krishvasireddy

May 15, 2015
Hi ,

I think the best way is to get married after you get PPR and include her at that stage. You would need to wait for a month or two but as long as she has her documents right you both of you can get PR together. Looks like if you include her after you got PR she might need to go for Interview and wait for more time. You might need to compare my statements with other forums and other opinions as processes and timelines are changing.

Kb1771 said:
Hello,
I received my Oinp and i have a fiancé backhome.
What's the best way for me to get married and bring her here as soon as possible?
I did my engagement and we had more than 200 guests ceremony so i have some pictures that could prove i did wedding.
My question is if i go to Backhome, register marriage and come back. Would it beneficial for both of us to get easy Immigration?
Please suggest your valuable opinions.

Thank you

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
I think the best time to get married is at the time when you get an ITA from a province. I did the same.

raviprawat

Apr 1, 2016
Hi Krishvasi,

Thanks for your information.

I am SAP BW/BO consultant and following steps suggested by u.I also got calls from companies on my sonetel number. If I say to them that I have come for vacation then some day I need to tell them that I am waiting for my PR. These companies have to prove that they are not getting people in their country and hence hiring foreign national. What exactly we should do to tackle this.

If possible can u share ur email id so that I can get guidance on this. My id is 1985ravirawat@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ravi

krishvasireddy said:
Hi Akber,

Congrats on your PPR.

As long as you hold a niche skill and your job skill had less supply in Canada ,they would offer you job with Foreign experience . From my experience having zero Canadian experience wouldn't disqualify for the job . . Now a days almost all jobs require you to create profile in their career site and in that make sure you are including Canadian address and Canadian phone number.

Sonetel worked well for me and unlimited plan is around 10 usd pm, this is a kind of voip service so you can call back from the same Canadian number , there is no way employers can find out if this is a true Canadian number. You can tell them that you are in you home country for a vacation , all they are going to worry about is your performance in interview , background checks from this point on wards.

Regards,

Mrudul

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
11-11-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
Congratulations krishvasireddy and a wonderful post, extremely helpful.

I have couple of questions:

1. I created my profile in June and my CRS score is 478, and currently waiting for the score to go down. Do you think I should have gone for OIPNP or should go for the same whenever it opens.
2. Any tips of OIPNP application.
3. Did you start applying for Canadian jobs after you received ITA and before you got your PR.

Appreciate your responses on the above questions.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
krishvasireddy said:
Hi All,

I am one of many folks who got benefited from this forum. In return I wish to share my experience from creating a profile to landing as a PR.

Although I thought of working out this on my own , I decided to take help of Immigration consultant in my home country to make sure that I am not missing any information which I could have done if applied on my own. I don't remember the exact timelines but below are the key take aways and events,

My Profile in short:

28Yrs -- Single -- Masters -- 6 Yrs of IT Exp as a SAP Certified Consultant-- 2173 -- IELTS 7.5 = CRS 400

>> Creating Profile : With this score I decided to hire Immigration consultant to make sure that I dont miss any information or process. I have less time to spend on my immigration process due to work pressure when I started this.

Take Away: All that Immigration consultant helped me is to arrange all the papers in order and proofread . At time they even misguided me.
Suggestion : If you have time to do this on your own there is lot of information in this forum with which could end you up in Canada

>> ECA :With 1 Yr Masters (after 3 yrs bachelor) in UK initially I had doubt if WES would recognize this as Canada Masters . My report is indeed given out as Canada Masters Equivalent .

>> OIPNP : I am one of those set of people to react early to OIPNP as soon as they launched this program . Had I not applied to this I wouldn't have been where I am now . I had doubts if OIPNP would accept me as I am just on border with 400 , but they did pick me .
Take Away :

**PEng License **- I asked questions earlier on this forum if we need to go for this PEng License as I am Software Engineer by title in my last job . My experience proved that this is not required

**Having Degree not relevant to work** - I am into Accounting by education where as I work as a Software consultant by profession . OIPNP officer asked how i am going to justify this in his interview call , having an SAP Certification really helped me to justify . Officer seems satisfied with my skills. I guess having SAP Certification helped me immensely to clear this stage .

>>** Role of Immigration Consultants** - My consultant discouraged me not to apply as the program is quite new and chances for my case are very low. I reacted early and took a chance to apply on my own , all credits to this forum .

>> Selected in the Draw : With 400 OINP helped me immensely to get closer to my Canadian dream . Now acquiring PCC and Medicals was another big
task to me as I have been in 4 different Countries ( Malaysia - Online , Singapore- Police Cantonment Complex , UK-Online , India - PSK) . I had done Family version of medicals which didn't get me into any trouble.

Quick rate sheet for medicals in the countries I have inquired (Note**prices might have changed **)
USA : USD 400 (Houston)
CANADA : CAD 200 ( Waterloo)
India : RS . 4000 ( Hyderabad)
Malaysia : MYR 300 (KL)

>>>** Reference Letters** I should feel myself as lucky in this regard. I was only able to submit reference letters signed along with business card by Supervisor for couple of companies . Although I managed to get others on Letter Heads in required form I was scared as I have to rely of officers courtesy for this . I managed to submit offer letters, pay slips to strengthen my case.

>>>**Marriage and PR** In my experience all I have done wrong is not timing my marriage . Applying single will boost score for sure, if one can wait I suggest to wait for marriage. From my experience the right time to marry is AFTER GETTING COPR but BEFORE LANDING. I missed to time my marriage due to LACK OF INFORMATION and personal issues . Now I am have to process Spousal Sponsorship and wait for regular 12 plus months like others with Indian residence. From my review getting a Visit visa for spouse almost impossible. Nevertheless as I my wife holds USA H4B ball game here would be slightly different I guess, but be prepared to wait for your spouse after PR if you screw it up.

>>>** JOB** I am truly lucky TO GET WELL PAID IT JOB BEFORE I GOT MY PR CARD from my home country. All that I did was applying in Indeed.ca and giving interviews . I applied to very few openings but I noticed that having a PR got closer in getting a job. I used Sonetel and took Canadian number. I noticed that if we have Non Canadian number and Address hardly companies are interested in us . People can take Sonetel number divert calls to your local number and attend Skype interviews from abroad without landing . I am scared when people in this forum wrote their stories about their hard time in getting white collar jobs without Canada Exp. , but from my experience if you have a niche skill and have demand we can get job without much wait.

>>>** Comparing USA and Canada** I hold a USA H1B and Canada PR both applied and got more or less same time. There are many things we can compare between USA and Canada but to my knowledge getting a job with PR in Canada is easy than getting one with H1B in USA. If you are tied up to consultancies in USA I suggest you ditch them and go for jobs in Canada. Doing a quick math proved me that I earn more or less same in Canada after considering that I have to pay 20-30% as consultancy share in USA. Moreover with the scary Trump era coming by I decided to settle down in Canada and eye on Canadian Passport as I feel Canada is much safer and secured.

I think I have covered all my notable experiences in this journey . Remember this journey is full of tensions, one needs to hold , wait , plan . From my experience Fortune not only favors the brave but also people who plan and do hard work.

All the Best ..
Many thanks for this!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Krishvasi,

Thanks for your information.

I am SAP BW/BO consultant and following steps suggested by u.I also got calls from companies on my sonetel number. If I say to them that I have come for vacation then some day I need to tell them that I am waiting for my PR. These companies have to prove that they are not getting people in their country and hence hiring foreign national. What exactly we should do to tackle this.

If possible can u share ur email id so that I can get guidance on this. My id is 1985ravirawat@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ravi
i am with similar profile and experience..
can you please confirm which NOC you finally applied with? and did you get PR?