+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my citizenship grant take over 12 month

saeed4

Aug 11, 2019
Dear All,

my citizenship grant take over 12 month so far, and I did not even asked to do the citizenship exam (Applied from Toronto).

I sent my application Aug 07, 2018 and they started processing my application on November 20, 2018.

I did not get any update from them, I email them and they said:

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga, Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application as soon as possible.

I would like to know if anyone knows whats is going on, or any suggestion or recommendation what should I do, is there anyone else with the same situation?

Thanks you.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Dear All,

my citizenship grant take over 12 month so far, and I did not even asked to do the citizenship exam (Applied from Toronto).

I sent my application Aug 07, 2018 and they started processing my application on November 20, 2018.

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga, Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Although the estimated time may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application as soon as possible.

I would like to know if anyone knows whats is going on, or any suggestion or recommendation what should I do, is there anyone else with the same situation?

Thanks you.
Yes it a long time but I don’t think you should worry as many applications are talking much more time , it will hopefully come to good end soon

Reactions: saeed4

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Dear All,

Thanks you.
Most probably some of the checks (e.g. security checks) are pending. Those could take a long time to complete.

Reactions: saeed4

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Dear All,

Thanks you.
17+ months and still no test invite. :)