+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My CEC PR application takes long time.

ilovevin

Sep 26, 2014
My application was mailed to CIO on November 29th, 2012.
The date on AOR letter is January 22nd, 2013.
The request of NOA is November 1st, 2013.

It has been over 20 months since I submitted my application. The average processing time is showed about 13 months on website.

Until September 2014, I still wait for my application.
How do people count the process time on CIC web site?

------------------------
The reply of CIC is...

Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization at this moment.

Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

AC8222
Client Service Unit | Unité de service au client
Case Processing Center - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement - Ottawa

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
Re: How do we count the official process time??

ilovevin said:
My application was received by CIO on November 29, 2012. It has been over 17 months since I submitted my application.
The average processing time is showed about 13 months on website.

The request of NOA is November 2013.

Until September 2014, I still wait for my application.
How do people count the process time on CIC web site?

------------------------
The reply of CIC is...

Our office confirms that your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization at this moment.

Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

AC8222
Client Service Unit | Unité de service au client
Case Processing Center - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement - Ottawa
Application time starts when you get your AOR. Your application has exceeded typical timelines, and I recommend ordering GCMS notes and meeting your local MP to have the MP look at the case.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014

Yes exactly how maniac mentioned. Contact your local MP.

ilovevin

Sep 26, 2014

Thanks for all your advices!

I already booked the time of meeting with local MP,
and hope CIC more respect applicants and their life time.
Time merely goes once per life.

After MPs check my status of case, will my case be processed sooner?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

ilovevin said:
Thanks for all your advices!

I already booked the time of meeting with local MP,
and hope CIC more respect applicants and their life time.

After MPs check my status of case, will my case be processed sooner?
No, the MP can only get information, s/he can't influence CIC.

ilovevin

Sep 26, 2014
Re: Why does my CEC PR application take long time?

Thank you for reply.

Did anyone have similar experience, and please tell me the possible reason.
Will CIC explain the reason to MPs, and inform me why my case takes longer time than the normal?

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hi would you please keep us posted after getting your GCSM notes and meeting MP? We will all be learning from your case and provide you with our ideas after your next step is made.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
ilovevin said:
Thank you for reply.

Will CIC explain the reason to MPs, and inform me why my case takes longer time than the normal?
The MP's have a much better chance to find out the reason behind the delay than you do. Then again, CIC has no obligation to the MP to process your application faster. At times, applications have been asked for an update by an MP, and it did proceed normally after that, but one can never guarantee that.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Re: Why does my CEC PR application take long time?

ilovevin said:

1) if it is processing, it is usually because your background / security check takes a long time, depending on what country or countries you have lived in. (Some countries have better records and are more cooperative than others).

2) sometimes it's an oversight by CIC, files do sometimes get misplaced...

maybe.

ilovevin

Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for all advices, especially
for those people who have already got passport and still come back to answer questions.

Updating my situation after MP checks my application,
the CIC replied MP office regarding my current status. Because the RCMP record had been expired, my application is taking long time. They already requested for new police report again.

I think the process is really "effective." The new document in file has been old document. We still are waiting.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
ilovevin said:
Thank you for all advices, especially
for those people who have already got passport and still come back to answer questions.

Updating my situation after MP checks my application,
the CIC replied MP office my current status. Because my application is taking long time, the RCMP record had been expired. They already requested for new police report again.

I think the process is really "effective." The new document in file has been old document. We still are waiting.
Did they tell your MP the reason for the delay? RCMP certificate expiration occurred due to the delay in processing.

ilovevin

Sep 26, 2014
maniac2403 said:
Did they tell your MP the reason for the delay? RCMP certificate expiration occurred due to the delay in processing.
I heard the reason is my police record had been expired and will verify it again. CIC requested updating new police report, and noted they would come back to look up my file on Sep. 19, 2014. The police report is probably only valid for 6-12 months.

Besides, I had mailed the true copy of certificate of original country and Canadian notarized translation with application, almost lived in Canada except several days of travel within three years, and my record is clean. I had similar question, and asked why some people don't need to update police certificate, but some need. What a really unfairly odd procedure as a result of long-time process.

MP officer said CIC has filed the note of MP concerning this case, and wants me to follow this case with them every two months.

By the way,
How could we know the reason of delay from GCMS? Is it written on specific section of report?

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
ilovevin said:
I heard the reason is my police record had been expired and will verify it again. CIC requested updating new police report, and noted they would come back to look up my file on Sep. 19, 2014. The police report is probably only valid for 6-12 months.

Besides, I had mailed the true copy of certificate of original country and Canadian notarized translation with application, almost lived in Canada except several days of travel within three years, and my record is clean. I had similar question, and asked why some people don't need to update police certificate, but some need. What a really unfairly odd procedure as a result of long-time process.

MP officer said CIC has filed the note of MP concerning this case, and wants me to follow this case with them every two months.

By the way,
How could we know the reason of delay from GCMS? Is it written on specific section of report?
You can possibly find reasons of delay from GCMS notes. Whenever immigration officers work on your file and leave and note, that will be included in GCMS. Presumably you'll find things like "Checked Work Experience - Passed", "Called employer for verification", "Conducting Security Background check"... Once you reached the latest item, you'll find where they were stuck, and that gives you good information what delayed your application.

In my opinion it is worth spending extra few dollars to order GCMS.