+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Canadian citizenship experience

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,
Today I took my Canadian citizenship oath. Like to share my experience with people. I've applied for citizenship back in Jun 2017. Took almost 11 months to process. My test invite was quick within 3 months I got test invite.
After the test, I was anxiously waiting for DM and oath invite. It took them nearly 7 months after I passed the test. Also, I didn't get decision made right away. Before the send, the oath invite one week before that they changed the status to DM.

I was losing patience as I see other people from the same center got DM and oath before me. I contacted them through web form and start calling them. Surprisingly after few calls within one week, I got DM and within 2 weeks oath invite.

Anyways, my citizenship ceremony was at 10:30. I was there at 10:00. They asked to fill up the oath invite form which will give them permission to take photos. Bring a pen with you.
They only check the landing paper, PR Card and the oath invite form. make them ready.
Dress well. I wore a suit and tie but it was a little bit hot with 100 people in waiting area. Bring a folder to take everything. They also give you some paper, it will be comfortable to bring a little side bag which can carry them but not ruin your photos.

The ceremony was cheerful and enjoyable. The judge was happy and making few jokes here and there with little kids also give an eloquent speech.

I had to wait long to get my citizenship certificate as they made a spelling error. They corrected it and give it to me right away. Check everything once you received the citizenship certificate. If you leave the room you have to pay 75$ and wait to get the passport.

Hope you guys will find this experience helpful.

Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions. It will painful and worrisome if I don't know all the process. Those who are still waiting for oath invite it will come to you. Good things takes time.

I feel little numb and little safe as no one can kick me out of the country as I invested all my precious time here. Also feeling happy that I can travel many countries as all these doors are open to me now.

Go Canada!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Congrats! "Check everything once you received the citizenship certificate. If you leave the room you have to pay 75$ and wait to get the passport. "

Thanks for this useful information.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Guys,
Today I took my Canadian citizenship oath. Like to share my experience with people. I've applied for citizenship back in Jun 2017. Took almost 11 months to process. My test invite was quick within 3 months I got test invite.
After the test, I was anxiously waiting for DM and oath invite. It took them nearly 7 months after I passed the test. Also, I didn't get decision made right away. Before the send, the oath invite one week before that they changed the status to DM.

I was losing patience as I see other people from the same center got DM and oath before me. I contacted them through web form and start calling them. Surprisingly after few calls within one week, I got DM and within 2 weeks oath invite.

Anyways, my citizenship ceremony was at 10:30. I was there at 10:00. They asked to fill up the oath invite form which will give them permission to take photos. Bring a pen with you.
They only check the landing paper, PR Card and the oath invite form. make them ready.
Dress well. I wore a suit and tie but it was a little bit hot with 100 people in waiting area. Bring a folder to take everything. They also give you some paper, it will be comfortable to bring a little side bag which can carry them but not ruin your photos.

The ceremony was cheerful and enjoyable. The judge was happy and making few jokes here and there with little kids also give an eloquent speech.

I had to wait long to get my citizenship certificate as they made a spelling error. They corrected it and give it to me right away. Check everything once you received the citizenship certificate. If you leave the room you have to pay 75$ and wait to get the passport.

Thanks to everyone who answered all my questions. It will painful and worrisome if I don't know all the process. Those who are still waiting for oath invite it will come to you. Good things takes time.

I feel little numb and little safe as no one can kick me out of the country as I invested all my precious time here. Also feeling happy that I can travel many countries as all these doors are open to me now.

Go Canada!
Congrats....

No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach...

Reactions: aronnok

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi Guys,

Go Canada!
Oh congrats!

Reactions: aronnok

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Guys,

Go Canada!
Congrats .... yes you are a proud Canadian now ... hurrayyyy .... many things you mentioned are very useful .. thanks for that ... Would you also be kind to mention your citizenship test and interview experience ... where did you study from apart from the book ?? Which websites and apps were really useful ? What questions did they ask in the interview ?

Thank you and congrats once again

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

Go Canada!
Congrats, and thanks for your good explanations.

jeuniii

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
They also give you some paper, it will be comfortable to bring a little side bag which can carry them but not ruin your photos.
Do they take pictures (while receiving the certificate) and then give you hard copies of it ?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Congrats .... yes you are a proud Canadian now ... hurrayyyy .... many things you mentioned are very useful .. thanks for that ... Would you also be kind to mention your citizenship test and interview experience ... where did you study from apart from the book ?? Which websites and apps were really useful ? What questions did they ask in the interview ?

This worked a lot for me.
http://www.canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com/member/canadian-citizenship-practice-test.php

Please read the book as well 2-3 timws if possible those picture areas especially

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018

for test I've used

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=ON

https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test6/

http://www.toptipsclub.com/Citizenship_TestPractice_T1.asp?TimeOut=Y

I've taken the exams until I get 20 out of 20 on each site.
Each quest I failed I've noted it and read the discovery canada guide book for that reference.

__
Interview was very straight forward, they check your passport, ask you few question about you job, chit-chat, that's it

Reactions: thegentleman

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Do they take pictures (while receiving the certificate) and then give you hard copies of it ?
Nope. No picture taken by them. But the judge took picture with everybody after the ceremony. You have tp bring your cellphone or camera to take the picture.