+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My background check wentt from in progress to not needed at this time

limbodxb

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland FSW with AOR of August 25th 2015. My background check was "In Progress" since September. Status just changed to "Not needed at this time" today.

As an FYI, I had received an email on Friday saying that CIC has attached the documents I sent in through CSE last December to my application.

There could be a number of reasons why this status change has taken place, so impossible to speculate. One thing is for certain though, it means someone was looking at our application and processing is moving ahead.

Cheers.

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Regarding the status of not needed at this time, in Mycic Der is a definition which explains the menacing of that term.
Not needed at this times means we have not received an application of permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application of permanent residence .

Anybody whose application went back to in progress or completed after not needed at this time?

People who are the same status kindly advise with accurate information Bcz according to that definition it makes a person worried

Please advise
Thanks

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
hemishpatel said:
Regarding the status of not needed at this time, in Mycic Der is a definition which explains the menacing of that term.
Not needed at this times means we have not received an application of permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application of permanent residence .

Anybody whose application went back to in progress or completed after not needed at this time?

People who are the same status kindly advise with accurate information Bcz according to that definition it makes a person worried

Please advise
Thanks
I have read in this forum that BG- not needed at this time from in progress simply means that your application was transferred to some other VO ...

Marija1888

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our application went from in progress to not needed after we submitted scheduele a. Today it went back in progress.

Marija1888

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Federal skilled trades, AOR October 20th. Got scheduel a request Dec 16th, and then on Dec 22nd went back to not needed. Today it went in progress again.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Marija1888 said:
Federal skilled trades, AOR October 20th. Got scheduel a request Dec 16th, and then on Dec 22nd went back to not needed. Today it went in progress again.
Great! atleast someone's moved back to In progress.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Marija1888 said:
Looking at the sheet (Link in my timeline) ... Can u give the missing info...

tkstks

Dec 21, 2015
hi all

ITA : December 18
Application submitted : Jan 1
BG in progress : Jan 6
BG changed from in progress to not needed at this time: Jan 10

the reason being told to me by my consultant is software problem.

but really this mystery remains unresolved.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tkstks said:
hi all

ITA : December 18
Application submitted : Jan 1
BG in progress : Jan 6
BG changed from in progress to not needed at this time: Jan 10

the reason being told to me by my consultant is software problem.

but really this mystery remains unresolved.
I have similar change of status, the only difference I applied couple of days earlier.

I observe this is quite common current trend - BG changes to "in progress" several days after AOR, then couple of days later in changes back to "not needed at this time".

Maybe your consultant is right and it's just a software error.

I agree with this theory because my status changed to "in progress" 31st December. 1st, 2nd and 3rd January were days off, CIC was not working. And 3rd January my status returned to "not needed". I doubt that some officer came to work on holiday to make some changes in my file. So the only conclusion it was issued automatically.

Marija1888

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kvr007 said:
Looking at the sheet (Link in my timeline) ... Can u give the missing info...
Sure: FST inland, ITA - Semptember 8.
AOR - October 20th
Medicals passed - December 16th
Sheduele A request - December 16th
BG in progress - December 16th
Scheduele A submitted - December 17th
BG check back to not needed - December 22nd
BG back to in progress - January 11th

Days from AOR to in progress - 58 days

Didn't recieve an email this time, just went to check our application and it said it was updated.