+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mumbai university transcripts

Abhi_V

Aug 29, 2017
Hi Abhi_V.......I don't think you need a transcript if the degree is issued by Mumbai University. For your husbands degree (BFA), you can get all photocopies of his mark sheets of all years and a degree certificate attested from churchgate, place it in an envelope and ask them to put a seal/stamp/signature across the back fold of the envelope. Then write the WES application number and their address and send it to them via post.

Alternatively, you can also send a transcript from J J school of applied arts if you don't want to send the photocopies of your mark sheet and degree certificate. Just make sure that J J School gives you his transcript in a sealed envelope with a seal/stamp/signature across the back fold. You can then write the WES application number and their address and send it to them via post.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thank you CanVisa1 for your reply. I will keep posting on this forum about the process I follow in case it is of help to anybody else.

Husainkc

Jun 4, 2017
Can someone please provide me the link to check the status of transcript given for attestation at Vidyarthi Bhavan, Churchgate Mumbai Unievrsity office. They told me to check on the website to know for the date as to when i can come and collect the same.

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Can someone please provide me the link to check the status of transcript given for attestation at Vidyarthi Bhavan, Churchgate Mumbai Unievrsity office. They told me to check on the website to know for the date as to when i can come and collect the same.
There's no need to check really. Its ready in 4-5 days.

Reactions: Abhi_V

Abhi_V

Aug 29, 2017
There's no need to check really. Its ready in 4-5 days.
Does Mumbai University courier the attested documents to WES in a sealed envelope or do we have to pick it up and then courier it ourselves? Also do we have to write WES address on the envelope?

dipantika

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Does Mumbai University courier the attested documents to WES in a sealed envelope or do we have to pick it up and then courier it ourselves? Also do we have to write WES address on the envelope?
Yes we have to write WES address on the envelope when we submit documents for attestation. and when done, we have to collect them and courier ourselves. They dont do it.

Reactions: Abhi_V

vineet1185

Aug 8, 2017
For applicants who have done Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University, the requirement mentioned on WES website is marksheets for year 2 and 3 issued and attested by college you attended and marksheets for year 1 and 4 must be issued and attested by Mumbai University.

So does that mean that only marksheets are required with attestation and not transcripts? Someone pls confirm.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
For applicants who have done Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University, the requirement mentioned on WES website is marksheets for year 2 and 3 issued and attested by college you attended and marksheets for year 1 and 4 must be issued and attested by Mumbai University.

So does that mean that only marksheets are required with attestation and not transcripts? Someone pls confirm.
Transcripts is a very loosely thrown around American/ Canadian term. For Wes we don't need anything that fancy. Just get your xerox copy of marksheets and passing certificate attested by the college and univ respectively , have them in a sealed stamped envelope and couriered to Wes. It's pretty simple in practice and mumbai univ are very familiar with the process

Reactions: aayushi.agarwal

Abhi_V

Aug 29, 2017
I also wanted to know if my husband is abroad when we get the ITA and we need to have a police certificate, then 1. does he have to come here for getting police certificate? 2. does he have to have a police certificate from the country he is residing in currently?
I am going to be the principal applicant. We both will be having our ECA's done and will be giving our IELTS exams. But my husband is currently working in New Zealand. Thanks in advance.

Pardes_Canada

Oct 11, 2017
Hi

I have just started my WES assessment, hence wanted to share the attestation process of University of Mumbai. If you have completed your Bachelors from University of Mumbai, then follow below steps to get attestation done from Students Welfare office.

1) Request for your transcripts from your respective colleges, you have to submit cover letter mentioning reason for transcripts along with all your mark sheet copies, and form (if provided by college). Submit these documents to your college and they will issue transcripts on college letter head. Its advisable if you request for more than 1 copy, you might need that for any other purpose and it will be handy. You can request college not to seal the envelop, so that you can reconfirm all the information like your name, year of completion, scores etc. If it is not possible then you can ask them to seal all the envelopes except one to check the details.

2) To apply for attestation, you have to submit 2 sets of your documents (Copy of Transcripts and Mark sheets) and have to carry original documents for their verification. 1 set of copy will remain with University for their records and other set will be attested and given to you for WES assessment. You even have to provide A4 size envelope, mentioning WES address (Mandatory) & REF no (if available).
At one time only 30 documents will be attested, the charges are INR 5 each document, the office is located next to Sydenham college (address -
Mumbai University, Student Welfare Section, Near Sydenham college, near Churchgate station), any one can apply on your behalf. The timings are between 11am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 2.00pm to collect the documents and to give the forms, they do not give forms in last half and hour, lunch time is between 1.30pm to 2pm.
The status of your application is updated on Mumbai University website, on below link
http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/
The whole process of attestation takes at least 3-4 working days, however some times it even happens immediately on next day. You can check the status on above link.

3) On the day of collection, you have to go with receipt and your documents will be already signed and once you show them the receipt they will put the attestation stamp on the documents. The envelope is not sealed so you have opportunity to check your documents and ask them to seal. In the same envelope you can enclose your college transcript sealed envelopes. Student welfare will not attest any additional copy if you have not mentioned any address on envelope.

Hope this information was helpful

Good Luck :)

Reactions: aayushi.agarwal

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi

I have just started my WES assessment, hence wanted to share the attestation process of University of Mumbai. If you have completed your Bachelors from University of Mumbai, then follow below steps to get attestation done from Students Welfare office.

1) Request for your transcripts from your respective colleges, you have to submit cover letter mentioning reason for transcripts along with all your mark sheet copies, and form (if provided by college). Submit these documents to your college and they will issue transcripts on college letter head. Its advisable if you request for more than 1 copy, you might need that for any other purpose and it will be handy. You can request college not to seal the envelop, so that you can reconfirm all the information like your name, year of completion, scores etc. If it is not possible then you can ask them to seal all the envelopes except one to check the details.

2) To apply for attestation, you have to submit 2 sets of your documents (Copy of Transcripts and Mark sheets) and have to carry original documents for their verification. 1 set of copy will remain with University for their records and other set will be attested and given to you for WES assessment. You even have to provide A4 size envelope, mentioning WES address (Mandatory) & REF no (if available).
At one time only 30 documents will be attested, the charges are INR 5 each document, the office is located next to Sydenham college (address -
Mumbai University, Student Welfare Section, Near Sydenham college, near Churchgate station), any one can apply on your behalf. The timings are between 11am to 1pm and 1.30pm to 2.00pm to collect the documents and to give the forms, they do not give forms in last half and hour, lunch time is between 1.30pm to 2pm.
The status of your application is updated on Mumbai University website, on below link
The whole process of attestation takes at least 3-4 working days, however some times it even happens immediately on next day. You can check the status on above link.

3) On the day of collection, you have to go with receipt and your documents will be already signed and once you show them the receipt they will put the attestation stamp on the documents. The envelope is not sealed so you have opportunity to check your documents and ask them to seal. In the same envelope you can enclose your college transcript sealed envelopes. Student welfare will not attest any additional copy if you have not mentioned any address on envelope.

Hey Pardes,

Thanks for detailed process for WES assessment.

Just a quick question , I have 1st and 2nd yr marksheet with me which can be attested by College itself (same given on WES website also).

Now for 3rd year , I have Marksheet ,certificate and convocation which be attested by Mumbai University and then it can be packed in sealed envelop and address to WES directly with reference number.

If you can correct ,If I am missing any part in this process.

Regards
Cool

sairam_786

Aug 7, 2017
Hi

This didnot work for me. WES has not accepted transcript issued by college and attested by university. it mentions as follows
WES only accepts university issued and attested marksheets. We do not accept university attested transcripts issued by the college.

sairam_786

Aug 7, 2017
Hey Pardes,

Thanks for detailed process for WES assessment.

Just a quick question , I have 1st and 2nd yr marksheet with me which can be attested by College itself (same given on WES website also).

Now for 3rd year , I have Marksheet ,certificate and convocation which be attested by Mumbai University and then it can be packed in sealed envelop and address to WES directly with reference number.

If you can correct ,If I am missing any part in this process.

Regards
Cool
Hi Coolguy,

I am in similar situation where WES has accepted the graduation certificated but not the marksheet. i got a bonafied transacript from college and got it attested from university but that is not accepted by WES.

Do you have email id or process where i can respond back to WES? Addtionally any way to deal with this 2 year college marksheet

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated ...Thanks,

nasabcs

Dec 12, 2017
Hi

Hello,

I have to start TRANSCRIPTS procedure with a Mumbai University.

I have completed BSC-IT.

1st and 2nd year marksheets provided by my college located in Ratnagiri,Maharashtra.

3rd year marksheet and degree certificate provided by Mumbai University.

Please guide me how to start. Should I need to go to my college or Kalina or Churchgate?

3rd party asking me 9500/- for this procedure.

Regards,
nasaruddinmulla@gmail.com

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
Hello,

I have to start TRANSCRIPTS procedure with a Mumbai University.

I have completed BSC-IT.

1st and 2nd year marksheets provided by my college located in Ratnagiri,Maharashtra.

3rd year marksheet and degree certificate provided by Mumbai University.

Please guide me how to start. Should I need to go to my college or Kalina or Churchgate?

3rd party asking me 9500/- for this procedure.

Regards,
nasaruddinmulla@gmail.com
You need to visit ChurchGate office only.