+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mumbai university transcripts

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Hello All

What is the procedure for getting transcripts from mumbai university. I am currently in US.

Please advise. Thanks.

CrazyCanada

Dec 25, 2014
Canada,duh?
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 01.07.2016 | AOR2 - 19.08.2016
File Transfer...
SA/File Transfer - 08.08.2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi Buddy,
Mumbai University doesn't give you transcripts, they merely stamp and Authenticate it with the Mumbai University Seal
This is what you need to do :
1. Get Transcripts from your college ( Stamped/Sealed )
2. Visit the Student Welfare Division of Mumbai University in Churchgate, Next to Sydenham college
3. Make Copies of all the Mark sheets/Convocation certificate from your Graduate college along with copies of the transcripts(No Originals)
4. Get 2 Large Envelopes (Can be obtained from the Xerox Shop opposite the Welfare Center)
5. If its for ECA, Write their address on one of those envelopes
6. Fill up the form that they give you there and attach it along with the docs you submit for Attestation
6. Carry your originals for verification
7. Submit

Go early,Lunch Time is from 1:30
Normally, the ETA to receive the documents back is 25days

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I am currently located in US. How do I request transcripts from Mumbai university?

CrazyCanada

Dec 25, 2014
Canada,duh?
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 01.07.2016 | AOR2 - 19.08.2016
File Transfer...
SA/File Transfer - 08.08.2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi,
There is no online procedure for this. You or someone who can represent you must go personally and get it done

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
prseeker said:
Hello All

What is the procedure for getting transcripts from mumbai university. I am currently in US.

Please advise. Thanks.
Hi,

If you are still looking for getting your transcripts, you can contact us at mailTranscripts.com

Thanks!

zpat978

Feb 7, 2016
Need Help on WES evaluation

I have done B.E Elex from Mumbai University. I have received the Academic Transcripts from my college but no attested mark sheets for year 2 and 3. My question is do i need to get year 2 and 3 marks sheet attested from college or academic transcripts are enough. Please let me know if the below steps are correct

1. make copies of academic transcripts received from college
2. make copies of mark sheets of year 1 to 4
3. make copies of convocation and degree certificate
4 get 1,2 and 3 above attested by mumbai university and put in a sealed envelop and send to WES

Along with attested copies from mumbai university do i need to also send the original academic transcripts received from college?

Also please tell me if i need to mention WES reference number on all attested copies or just on envelope is enough?

nsharada

Dec 28, 2014
Procedure for obtaining transcripts for Mumbai University credential evaluation for higher education or immigration to US and Canada.

Mumbai University Transcripts Procedure

The process for Mumbai University transcript need to be attested by either the University or College or both based on which degree you have completed.

1. First step you will need to choose whether you want to apply for transcript or attestation. Transcripts can be directly applied at University of Mumbai office however the process takes 2-3 months duration. Alternately, attestation of documents in a sealed envelope is a faster process. Attested documents in sealed envelope from the University and the College are accepted worldwide by institutions. I am mentioning here the process for attestation:

2. Take original documents to the college. Pay the necessary fees for the transcript attestation. The fees varies between Rs.1500 per document to Rs.50 per document. Take number of sets of xerox copies of mark sheets along with you and an envelope.

3. Get the xerox copies attested by the Registrar or the Principal after showing the originals. Get the signature and seal of the Principal on the sealed envelope after placing each set in a separate seal

4. Take new sets of xerox copies and the originals to the University office and University Students Welfare Division, next to Sydhnem College, Churchgate. Pay Rs.100 university fee per set. The documents need to be taken between 11am to 2pm only. Ensure the documents are placed in a sealed envelope and the reverse flap is sealed and signed.

5. Please write full name and address of the University on the envelope.

6. Send the two envelopes to your ECA for processing.

Please see credential evaluation requirements for Mumbai University:

B.A., B.Sc., B.Com.
Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

B.Eng.
Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

B.Arch.
Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing years 3, 4, and 5 (semesters 5-10) must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

For all other degrees earned through the University of Mumbai, marks sheets for all years of study must be issued and attested by the university or the autonomous college you attended.

WES reference number on the envelope is good enough.

Just in case you need help you can reach out to clear transcripts.

zpat978

Feb 7, 2016
thanks for the reply nsharada.

I now have Academic transcripts sem 1 to 8 from college in a sealed evelop
I also have Year 1 and 4 Marks, degree attested from mumbai university.

Are the above two enough for WES ECA? or do i still need my college to attest year 2 and 3 marksheet? I have all academic transcripts.

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for sharing info on transcripts.

I am about to apply for Express Entry for Canada. Please guide me on WES for ECA

I have done my B.com from a college in Mumbai and Masters of Management Studies (MMS - University of Mumbai) from another college in Mumbai.

Should I get transcripts from both the colleges in a closed envelope or attested mark sheets will serve the purpose.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Can someone please clarify my doubt below for WES ECA:

I have done Diploma after SSC and then took admission in 2nd year BE.

My question: What exactly needs to be done with 2nd/3rd year degree mark-sheets? This are the mark sheets issued by college so obviously Mumbai University will not attest it.

Please advise either here or in my inbox.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hello,

I have used the service of Cleartranscripts. An NGO based in Banglore to get Mumbai university transcripts.
I live in Mumbai, but I'm always travelling across India, so it was not possible for me to go through the whole process. I contacted these guys, paid them and they even mailed the transcripts to WES. The charge is a bit high if you can afford.

They will go to your college , get the transcripts, then go to university. Currently I have paid them to get 4 transcripts for applying to 4 colleges.

I am not advertising, just sharing my experience.

Regards.

MailTranscripts

Nov 2, 2015
For WES, Yon may get your mark-sheet attested from College and University, or just go for University attested Mark-sheets.
University does attest all years of your mark-sheet unless your college is not autonomous, as college conducts and issues exam on behalf of university and if affiliated by the university.
You can check the details on the same, with samples below:

mailtranscripts.com/MumbaiUniversityTranscripts

Reactions: aayushi.agarwal

ammar_dalal

Nov 7, 2016
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the ECA evaluation at WES.
I have completed my Bachelors in Commerce from India. As a part of my Bachelors, my mark sheet for the first two years have been issued by my college (H.R college) and the mark sheet for the final year has been issued by the University of Mumbai.

My question is -
Can I submit attested and sealed copies of H.R college mark sheets as a part of ECA evaluation. On the WES website, it states that "WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college"

H.R college is not listed as an autonomous or constituent college. Will I have to get the H.R college mark sheets attested and sealed from the University of Mumbai?

Any useful insight pertaining this would be extremely appreciated.

Thanking you all in anticipation

vkpathak

Feb 20, 2017
Dear All,

I am new to this forum and procedure of Immigration as i am in the planning phase.

Need some guidance on transcripts procedure of Mumbai university. I did my BCom from Podar college in Mumbai. If i understand the procedure one has to go to the college and university to get things in place, right?

Issue is that i am currently in US and can't travel to Mumbai for this. Can someone please guide me how to get transcripts for WES from Mumbai college/university while i am US?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You have to take photocopies of the originals and the registrar of the university has to attest it. Mumbai university people want to see the originals before they attest the copies. My wife studied in mumbai university and we are based in London. My wife couriered her originals to her mother. Her mother took copies and gave it along with the originals to the university. She went a week later and collected it from the university and posted the originals and the WES envelope to us in London. The WES envelope had the reference number and the back flap has a sign and stamp. They did not stick it. My wife stuck it in London and sent it to WES. You have to go physically or send someone there. If you dont have anyone to do it, pay someone to do it. there are companies like mail transcripts, clear transcripts and your man in india. I havent used their services and cant say how good they are but people on the forum have used their services.