+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Sclerosis Medications

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I mean the physician wont even know she has MS until we tell him because thanks to Almighty God there are nothing to be diagnosed of itphysically. Only keeping the right diet.
But you are legally obligated to inform the physician or its misrepresentation.

Your job would be to provide sufficient evidence that your wife’s case isn’t progressive and doesn’t fall into the medical inadmissibility category to counter a potential finding from IRCC.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
according to below mentioned link it states the 5 year projection plan, it even gives an example of a MS patient in his 50's and on MS medication of which the calculations were done and since he was beyond the $20,000/- threshold. Hence medically inadmissable.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/excessive-demand.html

What do you think about this? as they do mention of patient being on specific medicines which cost (XYZ) in canada. but if someone is diagnosed and not at all on any sort of medication nor have any sort of disability. I mean the physician wont even know she has MS until we tell him because thanks to Almighty God there are nothing to be diagnosed of it physically. Only keeping the right diet.
And you will be advising the Dr correct ? Since you appear to be a devoutly religious person, mentioning God in your posts numerous times , and not mentioning it would be akin too........well, let's just say not the correct thing to do

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
according to below mentioned link it states the 5 year projection plan, it even gives an example of a MS patient in his 50's and on MS medication of which the calculations were done and since he was beyond the $20,000/- threshold. Hence medically inadmissable.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/excessive-demand.html

What do you think about this? as they do mention of patient being on specific medicines which cost (XYZ) in canada. but if someone is diagnosed and not at all on any sort of medication nor have any sort of disability. I mean the physician wont even know she has MS until we tell him because thanks to Almighty God there are nothing to be diagnosed of it physically. Only keeping the right diet.
In that example, they didn't need to go beyond 5 years to find inadmissibility. Expect them to use a 10 year projection for your wife.

As said by others, her condition must be disclosed. Failure to do so is immigration fraud.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For many people MS is not progressive and stays the same for 50 years or so....in some who have lesions in the spine have progressive RRMS...
MS is a progressive disease. CIS is a different diagnosis and usually leads to MS.

A doctor can do a quick neuro exam and identify a problem so you shouldn’t hide conditions especially because that is immigration fraud.

Smileyman

Jun 11, 2019

@canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @Copingwithlife
OK first thing first, i clearly mentioned metaphorically if one does not mention no one can even find about it because of her physical health which is aboslutely GREAT.

So chill out people, stop being judgmental and making me feel like a damn criminal where i asked the completely opposite of what are my options here.

I DID NOT POST ABOUT not telling the doctor anything did i? i am sure alot of you guys have clear English reading skills.

If you read about my post again if you may, please. I am trying to get the information as per the below link

""They metion $20k per year medical cost to asses an individual with whatever he/she has. In example 1 halfway through the above mentioned link they also give a Scenario about a patient who has MS and takes a specific drug which costs $xxx in canada hence him being over the yearly threshold. ""

What is your take on this please? since my wife is not on any MS related drugs at all which would cost something wherever in the world.

Last edited:

Smileyman

Jun 11, 2019
In that example, they didn't need to go beyond 5 years to find inadmissibility. Expect them to use a 10 year projection for your wife.
Have you read about 10 year projection of a candidate on official website? if yes please share the link as i am unable to find anywhere any sort of data which suggests projection of 10 year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @Copingwithlife
OK first thing first, i clearly mentioned metaphorically if one does not mention no one can even find about it because of her physical health which is aboslutely GREAT.

So chill out people, stop being judgmental and making me feel like a damn criminal where i asked the completely opposite of what are my options here.

I DID NOT POST ABOUT not telling the doctor anything did i? i am sure alot of you guys have clear English reading skills.

If you read about my post again if you may, please. I am trying to get the information as per the below link

""They metion $20k per year medical cost to asses an individual with whatever he/she has. In example 1 halfway through the above mentioned link they also give a Scenario about a patient who has MS and takes a specific drug which costs $xxx in canada hence him being over the yearly threshold. ""

What is your take on this please? since my wife is not on any MS related drugs at all which would cost something wherever in the world.
That is a simplistic example. Cost of her whole care will be analyzed. Medication, tests, doctors visits, chances of permanent disability, etc.

MS is a progressive disease. How fast someone loses function or whether it is a cyclic thing unfortunately many MS patients do end up with expensive medication and often the inability to work. Your best solution is to provide the panel physician with more information like MRI results and a letter from her neurologist regarding current symptoms, diagnosis of type of MS, anticipated progression (although MS is tricky to predict and can be set off by things like pregnancy), etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Have you read about 10 year projection of a candidate on official website? if yes please share the link as i am unable to find anywhere any sort of data which suggests projection of 10 year.
Right in the main Excessive Demand page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/excessive-demand-on-health-social-services.html

"over a period of 5 consecutive years immediately following the most recent medical examination required under paragraph A16(2)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), unless there is evidence that significant costs are likely to be incurred beyond that period, in which case the period is no more than 10 consecutive years"