+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Police Checks

Saffa1989

Sep 15, 2017
Hello everyone, I would like some advice please

I am in the process of applying for my PR based on common law sponsorship.
We have already passed the AOR1 stage and our visa office is Singapore. Still waiting for AOR 2.

I have been requested to submit multiple police checks from all the various countries I have traveled to in the past. These countries were the following:

Senegal - Police check received (Clean)
South Africa - Police check with application at beginning (Clean)
Thailand - Police check received (Clean)

The last one is Angola, I have been trying for 3 weeks now by emailing various consulates and also locals that I am still in contact with to try and apply for the criminal check. But with no success as the Police wants my presence or the consulates want my presence to issue a power of attorney. I reside in Thailand and there is no consulate or embassy in Thailand.

I have other countries immigration websites and documents where some of them say that they don't offer police clearances to non residents.

I would like to know if I should then let the IRCC know with a letter of explanation and all my documented proof that I was unable to obtain the said police clearance. I will also submit a statutory declaration signed by a Notary Public that I was not involved with any crimes in the country of Angola.

I would appreciate any advice on this thread.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I would like some advice please

I am in the process of applying for my PR based on common law sponsorship.
We have already passed the AOR1 stage and our visa office is Singapore. Still waiting for AOR 2.

I have been requested to submit multiple police checks from all the various countries I have traveled to in the past. These countries were the following:

Senegal - Police check received (Clean)
South Africa - Police check with application at beginning (Clean)
Thailand - Police check received (Clean)

The last one is Angola, I have been trying for 3 weeks now by emailing various consulates and also locals that I am still in contact with to try and apply for the criminal check. But with no success as the Police wants my presence or the consulates want my presence to issue a power of attorney. I reside in Thailand and there is no consulate or embassy in Thailand.

I have other countries immigration websites and documents where some of them say that they don't offer police clearances to non residents.

I would like to know if I should then let the IRCC know with a letter of explanation and all my documented proof that I was unable to obtain the said police clearance. I will also submit a statutory declaration signed by a Notary Public that I was not involved with any crimes in the country of Angola.

I would appreciate any advice on this thread.

Thank you in advance.
I was successful in doing this for a PCC from Kuwait. It's been a while, but I think this is what we provided:

- Letter explaining all of the steps taken to attempt to obtain a PCC.
- Email evidence of the consulates / embassies we contacted to request assistance and their responses that it wasn't possible. (This was for my husband who is American so we tried both the Canadian and American consulates in the region as well as the Kuwait consulates in Canada and the US.)
- Letter included statement from my husband attesting that his police record was clean for the time he spend in Kuwait and that he was working as a contractor for the US government and would have been sent home immediately should any issues have occurred.
- Proof from two US government websites that it's impossible to obtain a PCC for Kuwait for that time period. (My husband was there before the war and all police records were destroyed in the war.)

My situation was a bit different than yours in that the PCC was actually impossible to obtain (even if my husband had gone in person it couldn't have been issued since the records for that period no longer exist). However I have seen others here be successful if they can demonstrate sufficient evidence that obtaining a PCC isn't possible for them.