+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple entry after landing on PR

Moji6677

May 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new york
Just one inquiry. The Automatic Visa Revalidation for H1B can be used multiple time for entering into USA from Canada or this is single time visa revalidation. Because i might need to go three times to Canada in coming month.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Just one inquiry. The Automatic Visa Revalidation for H1B can be used multiple time for entering into USA from Canada or this is single time visa revalidation. Because i might need to go three times to Canada in coming month.
Multiple(as long as you have valid extended i94 from uscis).
I travelled for 2 months from Canada daily while visa was expired with valid I94 from uscis. No issues.

Moji6677

May 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new york
Multiple(as long as you have valid extended i94 from uscis).
I travelled for 2 months from Canada daily while visa was expired with valid I94 from uscis. No issues.

Thank you for clearing.

I need your advice on a issue.
I recently received my COPR for Quebec Skilled Worker. I am living in USA and plan to travel by rental car from Detroit airport to Toronto Canada. My sister live in Toronto so i plan to stay at her place and return to USA.
My questions are
1- I am using Ontario as my port of entry. Is that a issue? Because my COPR mention destination "Montreal".

2- I plan to use my sister address in Ontario for PR card. As i am selected for Quebec Skilled Worker, is that a issue for immigration officer if i will give a address in Ontario not in Quebec?
3- Is that correct at border crossing the immigration officer process documents of PR card and SIN?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you for clearing.

I need your advice on a issue.
I recently received my COPR for Quebec Skilled Worker. I am living in USA and plan to travel by rental car from Detroit airport to Toronto Canada. My sister live in Toronto so i plan to stay at her place and return to USA.
My questions are
1- I am using Ontario as my port of entry. Is that a issue? Because my COPR mention destination "Montreal".

2- I plan to use my sister address in Ontario for PR card. As i am selected for Quebec Skilled Worker, is that a issue for immigration officer if i will give a address in Ontario not in Quebec?
3- Is that correct at border crossing the immigration officer process documents of PR card and SIN?
1. It depends on the officer how he considers your situation as intention to reside in Montreal or Toronto. As your destination is toronto and your sister also lives in province other than Quebec, its easy for the officer to decide about your intention. So i would say that you should either have your final destination to be quebec and have the trip till that point(irrelevant of port of entry in toronto/montreal). But make sure to tell that you are completing the landing formalities now and will move after some months or next year.
2. Dont give your sister's address to get your PR card for the same problem mentioned in #1. Arrange for p.o. box address or plan to get the pr card later. Getting PR card is not priority as the priority to have smooth landing to confirm the PR.
3. THey process to confirm the PR. Sometimes officer wont allow someone else's address to process application for PR card but its fine as you can request later.
SIN: You need to go to different office to apply for SIN. This is secondary as you can get this after you move. This wont be necessary till you join some company locally.

Moji6677

May 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new york
1. It depends on the officer how he considers your situation as intention to reside in Montreal or Toronto. As your destination is toronto and your sister also lives in province other than Quebec, its easy for the officer to decide about your intention. So i would say that you should either have your final destination to be quebec and have the trip till that point(irrelevant of port of entry in toronto/montreal). But make sure to tell that you are completing the landing formalities now and will move after some months or next year.
2. Dont give your sister's address to get your PR card for the same problem mentioned in #1. Arrange for p.o. box address or plan to get the pr card later. Getting PR card is not priority as the priority to have smooth landing to confirm the PR.
3. THey process to confirm the PR. Sometimes officer wont allow someone else's address to process application for PR card but its fine as you can request later.
SIN: You need to go to different office to apply for SIN. This is secondary as you can get this after you move. This wont be necessary till you join some company locally.

Thank you for help. Getting PR is important for me because i need PR card for some business. And my visa is valid till Nov 2019 but i am going to Canada this month solely to get my PR card now.
What happen if i give address of my friend in Montreal? Is friend address in Quebec is acceptable?
or Can you advice me how to get P O Box address?
For SIN, can i contact service Canada address in Toronoto or i need to go to Montreal.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you for help. Getting PR is important for me because i need PR card for some business. And my visa is valid till Nov 2019 but i am going to Canada this month solely to get my PR card now.
1. What happen if i give address of my friend in Montreal? Is friend address in Quebec is acceptable?
2. Can you advice me how to get P O Box address?
3. For SIN, can i contact service Canada address in Toronoto or i need to go to Montreal.
1. Yes should be fine. Tell the officer that its your friend's address. The issue might be that the officer might not accept friend's/PO box address to process the card but what other members in forum told is that you can call cic (after landing) and update your local address and they will anyway process the PR card. So nothing to worry if they dont accept the address at the border but call cic to get it completed.
2. Call ups store in montreal. I called the one in SK and get it done by signing the form and sending him through email. Everything was done while in US. Call and pay through credit card for 3 months rental. If you have friend's address then you can use that.
3. Anywhere.

Moji6677

May 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new york
1. Yes should be fine. Tell the officer that its your friend's address. The issue might be that the officer might not accept friend's/PO box address to process the card but what other members in forum told is that you can call cic (after landing) and update your local address and they will anyway process the PR card. So nothing to worry if they dont accept the address at the border but call cic to get it completed.
2. Call ups store in montreal. I called the one in SK and get it done by signing the form and sending him through email. Everything was done while in US. Call and pay through credit card for 3 months rental. If you have friend's address then you can use that.
3. Anywhere.

Thank you for your useful advice. I think i will use montreal address. I am using rental car from Detroit airport. Which border crossing is easy and fast in the afternoon?
I am on H1B without visa stamp. What document i need to bring while entering into USA. i have I-797 and employer verification letter, salary slips residential bills. any other thing you think useful?