+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MULTIPLE DUI CHARGE ON INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WITH OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Yes, well as you understand getting a DUI charge can be really complicated. My lawyers are tried their best to push the sentencing as far as they could , with the hope that I would be atleast able to finish my studies here. Even the judges really liked me as a person during the court date and even the judges are trying to find any way they could lower my charges or dismiss it.
But it’s not 100% up to the judges to drop the charges, they are some complicated issues involved.
I need to extend my visa now, and really stressing if they deny my application because of the pending offense.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, well as you understand getting a DUI charge can be really complicated. My lawyers are tried their best to push the sentencing as far as they could , with the hope that I would be atleast able to finish my studies here. Even the judges really liked me as a person during the court date and even the judges are trying to find any way they could lower my charges or dismiss it.
But it’s not 100% up to the judges to drop the charges, they are some complicated issues involved.
I need to extend my visa now, and really stressing if they deny my application because of the pending offense.
I'm not 100% sure that pushing out the charge was the best option. But what's done is done. It would have been better to push the case to be closed faster provided your lawyers could get the charge reduced to a non-DUI offence. Anyway - not much you can do now but provide IRCC with the documents they have requested and hope for the best. Good luck.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Judges don’t get to drop charges at all. That’s up to the Crown to decide.

At1

Jun 6, 2019
I'm not 100% sure that pushing out the charge was the best option. But what's done is done. It would have been better to push the case to be closed faster provided your lawyers could get the charge reduced to a non-DUI offence. Anyway - not much you can do now but provide IRCC with the documents they have requested and hope for the best. Good luck.
Hi

Just wondering if you get couple of DUI, and you’re convicted of it would you be deported right away or a 1 month jail time according to the mto rules.?

Thank

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Just wondering if you get couple of DUI, and you’re convicted of it would you be deported right away or a 1 month jail time according to the mto rules.?

Thank
Sorry - I don't know. Consult with a lawyer.

If your study permit isn't canceled immediataly and you aren't removed immediately, then you won't qualify for a PGWP and will need to leave as soona as you finish your studies.

Sukhamritpal

Nov 20, 2021
Hi Everyone,

URGENT REPLY PLEASE

I am an international student and my work permit in expiring on Feb 26 2017.

But i got DUI in September 2014 with level of 174 alcohol in blood and im still fighting for it and my trial date is on May 09 2016.

Unfortunately On March 14 2016 got arrested again for same charge with alcohol level of 159 and 163 under section 253c1(b).

I am wonder if i Can apply for work permit extension now.

Thanks
Hlo bai apni insta id ja snapchat drop krio plz same thing happen with me mai pushna PR hogi ja nai

Sukhamritpal

Nov 20, 2021
Hey Guys, I have got a question if some could give me a possible answer it would really help me.
I have a DUI pending charge from 2018 and I got my study permit renewed after the charge. I have not been convicted yet as the case is still pending. But my permit expired again this month and I have re applied. Only this time the CIC sent me an email to do a Criminal check from the police. I’m really worried if this pending charges denies my application. I barely have a semester left to graduate. I never committed a crime in my life and was always in a good moral. I am thinking what’s my worst and best options right now?
Hlo friend can you please tell me did you get your study permit or workpermit after ?