CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Nomination.....
07-03-2012
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I am hoping to get some enlightenment about how Immigration Officers (IO) conduct interviews over the phone. This is the first time my sponsors will have an interview if ever and they are a bit worried/nervous. I, too, am quite nervous. I applied under MPNP, general stream last September 2011 and received AOR in November 2011.
1. What time does the Immigration usually call the sponsors? Is it usually during office hours or even after office hours, like at home? How about the applicants? Is it during office hours in Canada, that is night time in Asian countries?
2. My sponsors are a couple, do you think both of them will be interviewed or just one of them?
3. Do all applicants under the general stream category undergo interview with the IO?
4. What is the medium of interview, is it always English or National language of different Asian countries will be used?

Thank you so much, and forgive me for my ignorance.

candidgirl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Nomination.....
07-03-2012
candidgirl said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I am hoping to get some enlightenment about how Immigration Officers (IO) conduct interviews over the phone. This is the first time my sponsors will have an interview if ever and they are a bit worried/nervous. I, too, am quite nervous. I applied under MPNP, general stream last September 2011 and received AOR in November 2011.
1. What time does the Immigration usually call the sponsors? Is it usually during office hours or even after office hours, like at home? How about the applicants? Is it during office hours in Canada, that is night time in Asian countries?
2. My sponsors are a couple, do you think both of them will be interviewed or just one of them?
3. Do all applicants under the general stream category undergo interview with the IO?
4. What is the medium of interview, is it always English or National language of different Asian countries will be used?

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
candidgirl said:
Hi everyone,

Hi! I think the interviews are done during office hours. Only the declared relatives or friends is interviewed, not the applicants. Under general stream where 2 friends or relatives are required, I think both of them will be interviewed. The interview is conducted in English or French, but it is usually English.

Hope this helps!

ADITMPAN2

Aug 14, 2011
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2010
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
14-05-2011
IELTS Request
SUBMITED WIT APPS.
File Transfer...
20-06-2011
Med's Request
27-06-2011
Med's Done....
04-07-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2012
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Hi

Interview will be done in working hours of canada and they will just use to talk on the phone and verifing that how close ur relationship with the applicant to whom u sponsered. what they should know atleast everything about u such as ur family background and ur past employer and current employer (As per MPNP Application) also knw about ur parents and brother and spouse like their name and their age and their occupation and about ur education and how u r known to eachother like if u r friends thn where u guys met first time and how u knw eachother like everything so ur sponser should know u better in every terms because they r sick people but friendly too and they know how to caught ur sponser if he / she is not real friends or relative so better keep in touch with sponser and update them properly also contact over the phone and email normaly email how r u and hi and hello kind of mail so tht it can prove ur relatinshp and communicaion btwn eachother

also ur sponser will be interview by march so dnt worry usualy it takes six months time from the date of application submition at MPNP so dont worry

I did logged my application to MPNP on 30th September and received AOR Frm MPNP on 25th November 2010 which was dated 17th November 2010 and Sponser was interviewed on 28th March 2011 and LOA received frm MPNP on 14th May, 2011 which was dated 28th April, 2011.

U can assume tht ur sponsered will be intereview on or before april this year and u ll received ur letter on or before may - june end

Hope this information helpfull to u and u can ask me questiong related to ur file if u have doubts

Reactions: Moyo4

candidgirl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Nomination.....
07-03-2012
@ ADITMPAN2 and CARL ZEISS,

Thank you very much for your answers to my queries. I've read that some interviews did not go well because of accent not clearly understood by sponsors or applicants and some also gave inconsistent answers. I'm just hoping and praying that the interview with me and with my sponsors would go well.
:)

sset12

May 3, 2011
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 14, 2011 - MPNP
AOR Received.
Jan 26, 2012 - CIO via email
File Transfer...
Apr 04, 2012 - LVO to ADVO / Jun 18, 2012 - AOR ADVO
Med's Request
Jul 22, 2012 - ADVO
Med's Done....
Jul 31, 2012 MR done / Aug 06, 2012 received at LVO
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2012 / Decision Made: Sep 13,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 24, 2013 - God is great!
Hello forummates! I consolidated these info (from other sources too and based from personal queries) for your reference, some are based from my own experience.
Here are some possible QUESTIONS for the sponsors/applicant when the MPNP Program officer conducts an interview:
A. How and when did you meet each other? What is the real name of the applicant/sponsor? (nicknames too)
B. How long did you know each other or what is your relationship with your sponsor?
C. When was the last time you talked to your Sponsor/ Applicant or have a communication with them?
D. When was the last time you saw your Sponsor/ Applicant?
E. Is your sponsors related to each other? What can you say about your sponsor A? Sponsor B?
F. What is his/her current work, current position? Current addresses?
G. How about their family composition regarding the sponsor/applicant, civil status?
H. What is the name of their parents (in cases were sponsors are siblings).
I. Are you sure you will not transfer to other province once given a Letter of Approval?
J. Are you aware of the consequences to you and your Sponsors once you leave or didn't settle at all in Manitoba?
K. Is your sponsor willing to help you in your settlement plan to Manitoba?
L. What are the possible things that your sponsor can offer or help you when you arrive?
M. What do you know about Manitoba? (If you can state some facts regarding weather, environment or maybe events/holidays )
N. How long you want to stay in Manitoba?
O. Do you have relatives/friends in other province aside from Manitoba?
P. Do you think you can easily find a job in Manitoba and why? What are the websites you are using to find available jobs in MB? Can you site some companies that you remember?

Just a friendly reminder, just tell the truth, no need to lie, if you don't know the answer just say so. Stay calm and don't panic, please answer in a polite manner as they seem to have a habit of going back and forth on the same questions. Goodluck!!!

candidgirl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2011
Nomination.....
07-03-2012
Thanks a lot sett. Good and inspiring to know you are also under general stream who received LOA.

Pachochay

Apr 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sset12 said:
Hello forummates! I consolidated these info (from other sources too and based from personal queries) for your reference, some are based from my own experience.
Here are some possible QUESTIONS for the sponsors/applicant when the MPNP Program officer conducts an interview:
A. How and when did you meet each other? What is the real name of the applicant/sponsor? (nicknames too)
B. How long did you know each other or what is your relationship with your sponsor?
C. When was the last time you talked to your Sponsor/ Applicant or have a communication with them?
D. When was the last time you saw your Sponsor/ Applicant?
E. Is your sponsors related to each other? What can you say about your sponsor A? Sponsor B?
F. What is his/her current work, current position? Current addresses?
G. How about their family composition regarding the sponsor/applicant, civil status?
H. What is the name of their parents (in cases were sponsors are siblings).
I. Are you sure you will not transfer to other province once given a Letter of Approval?
J. Are you aware of the consequences to you and your Sponsors once you leave or didn't settle at all in Manitoba?
K. Is your sponsor willing to help you in your settlement plan to Manitoba?
L. What are the possible things that your sponsor can offer or help you when you arrive?
M. What do you know about Manitoba? (If you can state some facts regarding weather, environment or maybe events/holidays )
N. How long you want to stay in Manitoba?
O. Do you have relatives/friends in other province aside from Manitoba?
P. Do you think you can easily find a job in Manitoba and why? What are the websites you are using to find available jobs in MB? Can you site some companies that you remember?

Just a friendly reminder, just tell the truth, no need to lie, if you don't know the answer just say so. Stay calm and don't panic, please answer in a polite manner as they seem to have a habit of going back and forth on the same questions. Goodluck!!!
Very useful, thanks for sharing sset12. Are you in Canada already?

jaspal2710

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 June (1st app), 2 Sept (second app)
Med's Request
24 dec (1st app). RPRF sent 28 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
27 Dec 14
Passport Req..
DM: 16.03.2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello

my mpnp supporter has known me for 1 month only (although we have common roots back in our home country in terms of similar province, same religious community etc), will that me an impediment if we apply for the MPNP ?

the MPNP supporter has been living in winnipeg for the last 10 years and is very well qualified and working for a leading telecom company in a senior job.