+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to US while preparing to submit PR Application

arjun279

Feb 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have got my ITA in the last week of Jan and now, I have prepared most of the documents to submit, but some of them are still pending. Now, I have to relocate to USA as I got a temporary job. I thought of submitting the application and fly to USA. But, time is very less. However, my wife will be still staying at the same address in India for a while. Since I will be relocating and if I submit the application once I am in USA, do I have to update PR application form to reflect that I moved to USA? or should I just keep the current address location and submit it from USA?

Please help.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you go after submitting eAPR, just send a CSE and notify them about your move.

If you are moving before submitting eAPR after moving, you would need an Indian PCC issued after you have left India from the Indian embassy in USA.

I'm not sure but you may need a PCC from USA to cover your current residence.

arjun279

Feb 7, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I have received Indian PCC today. I wonder why do I need Indian PCC after I move out of India. I heard US PCC is required only after 6 months of continuous stay in USA. Am I right?

If Indian PCC from US Embassy is required, then it is better I submit it before I leave. Hopefully, updating the move with CSE is much easier than getting PCC.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arjun279 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I have received Indian PCC today. I wonder why do I need Indian PCC after I move out of India. I heard US PCC is required only after 6 months of continuous stay in USA. Am I right?

If Indian PCC from US Embassy is required, then it is better I submit it before I leave. Hopefully, updating the move with CSE is much easier than getting PCC.
The bolded part is incorrect - it is 6 months in total (not continuous) since the age of 18.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get Indian PCC from Indian Embassy not US Embassy