+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

GreatWall

Aug 4, 2021
VO Montreal is working hard recently. I am April 2021 ee pnp inland applicant. I called last week and nothing was started. Today I called and they told me that security, criminality and background check was passed yesterday. They did not give me info on eligibility since I did not have the authorization. However, few of my acquaintances had ghost updates last and this week and may pnp got PPR from April last week.

• Love
Reactions: NMu

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
VO Montreal is working hard recently. I am April 2021 ee pnp inland applicant. I called last week and nothing was started. Today I called and they told me that security, criminality and background check was passed yesterday. They did not give me info on eligibility since I did not have the authorization. However, few of my acquaintances had ghost updates last and this week and may pnp got PPR from April last week.

Hi, so happy to hear this!! I have been calling almost every week recently, and nothing has been updated, the status is always the same. I am PNP Outland, AOR 20th August 2021.
A lot of us have been transferred to Montréal last month or after mid Jan, and none were able to see any updates unfortunately. Are you sure about many pnps getting pprs last week?

Reactions: Nelodiva

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
I read your previous posts too where you mentioned your primary VO is CIO and Secondary is Montréal? So if CIO is primary, they must be working on your file?!! Or has you primary VO changed from CIO to Montréal recently?

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hi, so happy to hear this!! I have been calling almost every week recently, and nothing has been updated, the status is always the same. I am PNP Outland, AOR 20th August 2021.
A lot of us have been transferred to Montréal last month or after mid Jan, and none were able to see any updates unfortunately. Are you sure about many pnps getting pprs last week?
From my experience with Montreal, they tend to follow chronological order to start working on applications (but how long it will take to finalize varies depending on the complexity of each application, of course). Keep an eye on other PNP applications being analyzed there and you will soon get a clue of where you stand in the queue line.

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
From my experience with Montreal, they tend to follow chronological order to start working on applications (but how long it will take to finalize varies depending on the complexity of each application, of course). Keep an eye on other PNP applications being analyzed there and you will soon get a clue of where you stand in the queue line.
So you mean although they work chronologically, if some later files are less complex than earlier ones, they might get pprs before the latter?

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
So you mean although they work chronologically, if some later files are less complex than earlier ones, they might get pprs before the latter?
Exactly that.
My application needs review and it's taking longer than other files that I know were started at the same moment mine was started (they seem to start it in batches, cause as I told you earlier, folks with similar VO would get GUs at the same time).

Reactions: NMu

GreatWall

Aug 4, 2021
My aor was APril 2021 and file was in Sydney originally and only passed bio and meds. File got transferred to Montreal in the beginning of January. I called few times and nothing was started except Criminality in process. All of this stuff was passed this Monday. A friend of mine from April got ppr this morning from there.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
My aor was APril 2021 and file was in Sydney originally and only passed bio and meds. File got transferred to Montreal in the beginning of January. I called few times and nothing was started except Criminality in process. All of this stuff was passed this Monday. A friend of mine from April got ppr this morning from there.
Sydney is the centralized intake office and receives all economic immigration applications.
They check the application for completeness (R10) and, if it is complete, they forward it to another office.

Mine was there too before it was sent to Montreal and then to Vancouver.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Ok, thanks for the update. Your friend is also PNP inland?

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Sydney is the centralized intake office and receives all economic immigration applications.
They check the application for completeness (R10) and, if it is complete, they forward it to another office.

Mine was there too before it was sent to Montreal and then to Vancouver.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
Yes, mine was there till the criminality (bio) was passed amd also eligibility. Infosharing has always been in progress ever since my first call and criminality too is in progress. Security not started.

bek!nd

Jan 9, 2022
Hi all,
I am AOR Aug 27 OINP NOC 0122
MEP BIL Dec 16
I had called IRCC in jan and they told me that my criminality has passed and info sharing is to begin. My VO was CIO sydney.
I waited till march week 1 and called today. Now they tell me
Info sharing is complete
Eligibility has not begun
Main VO is Montreal and secondary is Sydney CIO. Montreal :(
i am quite upset that it came here as its slow. Can you all tell me what to expect now? July people in montreal are still waiting so what to expect?
Quite upset as we were expecting it to come through.

Reactions: Nelodiva

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hi all,
I am AOR Aug 27 OINP NOC 0122
MEP BIL Dec 16
I had called IRCC in jan and they told me that my criminality has passed and info sharing is to begin. My VO was CIO sydney.
I waited till march week 1 and called today. Now they tell me
Info sharing is complete
Eligibility has not begun
Main VO is Montreal and secondary is Sydney CIO. Montreal :(
i am quite upset that it came here as its slow. Can you all tell me what to expect now? July people in montreal are still waiting so what to expect?
Quite upset as we were expecting it to come through.

I don't know for PNP, but if Montreal VO follows the same pattern they were following for FSW, I would expect about 10 months after AOR to receive the CoPR email. Some applications might take longer, around 12-14 months, if they require further review. If they do it similarly to CEC, then it can take less (about 8-12 months).

I don't think Montreal is the slowest VO.
Most people that I know from Montreal VO got their PR in about 12 months, while for those in Ottawa VO it is taking 24 months... all inland FSW candidates (which is the group I follow more closely).

The thing is that they don't update notes often, so we are left in the dark, but overall the final awaiting time is shorter.

bek!nd

Jan 9, 2022
But my medical will expire in July.
By that logic I should be in Canada before July 2022. Even if I get 3 months to move then my PPR should come in March. This doesn’t add up at all. The 12 month processing time. Any thoughts?

I don't know for PNP, but if Montreal VO follows the same pattern they were following for FSW, I would expect about 10 months after AOR to receive the CoPR email. Some applications might take longer, around 12-14 months, if they require further review. If they do it similarly to CEC, then it can take less (about 8-12 months).

I don't think Montreal is the slowest VO.
Most people that I know from Montreal VO got their PR in about 12 months, while for those in Ottawa VO it is taking 24 months... all inland FSW candidates (which is the group I follow more closely).

The thing is that they don't update notes often, so we are left in the dark, but overall the final awaiting time is shorter.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
But my medical will expire in July.
By that logic I should be in Canada before July 2022. Even if I get 3 months to move then my PPR should come in March. This doesn’t add up at all. The 12 month processing time. Any thoughts?
If you are outside Canada, they might send you a request for re-medicals. Many people are having to redo it, including some close friends of mine who are in my home country. They had to pay for a new medical exam and submit it again to IRCC. Your medical expiration date won't make them hurry the processing at all. There is a huge backlog and standard times are not reliable anymore.

My case needs further review for eligibility, so I have been waiting for 14 months now. My medical was expired in November last year. I am in Canada, so they extended my medicals as per a temporary policy exempting applicants in Canada from redoing medical exams.

bek!nd

Jan 9, 2022
I dont think they will do that to people now post COVID. Rest time will tell. Will re assess in month end. Some are saying PNP files will go back to CIO from Montreal (hope so)

If you are outside Canada, they might send you a request for re-medicals. Many people are having to redo it, including some close friends of mine who are in my home country. They had to pay for a new medical exam and submit it again to IRCC. Your medical expiration date won't make them hurry the processing at all. There is a huge backlog and standard times are not reliable anymore.

My case needs further review for eligibility, so I have been waiting for 14 months now. My medical was expired in November last year. I am in Canada, so they extended my medicals as per a temporary policy exempting applicants in Canada from redoing medical exams.